Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
May 16, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #13,036 of 13,800
I think I posted this before:

What is your message?
I have the LPS4 but not my two Pulse Infinity DACs, so it doesn't help me much.

Mike

May 16, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #13,037 of 13,800
What is your message?
I have the LPS4 but not my two Pulse Infinity DACs, so it doesn't help me much.

Mike

You had stated that you couldn't use the Geek Out Infinity with the LPS unit you had. The video shows a method to do so [I assume it applies to both LPS and LPS4], if you're so inclined. (not sure it's necessary for you though)

May 16, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #13,038 of 13,800
You had stated that you couldn't use the Geek Out Infinity with the LPS unit you had. The video shows a method to do so [I assume it applies to both LPS and LPS4], if you're so inclined. (not sure it's necessary for you though)
Thanks.
I get it now.

I did try that initially with the $229 GFO: LightSpeed 2G Cable.
Notably: "You will receive your free 2G cables with each of your Pulse X Infinities when they're shipped to you."

I also had installation instructions (below).
However, when using this with my laptop and a Microsoft Surface Dock it was fairly tedious to set up.
It was a cool idea -- that I obviously bough into heavily -- four years ago, but now I'm using more user friendly options that will have headphones options as well as speaker capabilities -- Yggy/Ragnorak combo.

I may use my GOV2A for mobile/travel settings but I have subsequently purchased the Oppo HA-2SE also.

Mike

https://support.lhlabs.com/support/...lps4-linear-power-supply-setup-and-user-guide

Installation
  1. Unbox the Geek LPS/LPS4 and remove it from the plastic wrap.
  2. Remove the AC power cable, umbilical power cable(s), and plastic feet from the box.
  3. Peel the rubber feet from the strip and attach them to the bottom corners.
  4. Connect the AC power cable to the Geek LPS/LPS4, and plug into wall outlet.
  5. Connect a USB cable (preferably LightSpeed 1G/2G/10G) to the source and USB Source input on the back of the Geek LPS/LPS4.
  • If using the Geek LPS/LPS4 with a Geek Pulse, connect a USB cable (preferably LightSpeed 1G/2G/10G) to the USB DAC output of the Geek LPS/LPS4, and the other end to the Geek Pulse USB input.
- OR -
  • If using the Geek LPS/LPS4 with a Geek Pulse, along with a split USB cable, connect the signal/data leg of the cable to the source, the power leg to the USB DAC output of the Geek LPS/LPS4, and the other end to the Geek Pulse USB input.
  • Also, connect an umbilical power cable to a 1.2A power connection on the Geek LPS/LPS4, and the other end to the Geek Pulse. DO NOT power on the Geek Pulse until after the Geek LPS/LPS4 is powered on.
6. Power on Geek LPS/LPS4.
  • If using the Geek LPS/LPS4 with a Geek Out, connect the Geek Out directly to the USB DAC output (some USB extender cables will work between the Geek LPS/LPS4 and the Geek Out, but not necessarily all).

May 16, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #13,039 of 13,800
Something is serious wrong with LH Labs.

LH Labs has not produced anything for us Indiegogo backers for over two years.
Every time they promise to deliver, they break their promises with new postponements.
I think it's unlikely that any of us ever will get what we're waiting for.

LH Labs has long stopped responding to tickets.
I have two defective Geek Out v2. The ticket was submitted 11 months ago.
The ticket is still open and waiting for response from LH Labs.

ScreenShot168.png

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #13,040 of 13,800
LH Labs has long stopped responding to tickets.
I have two defective Geek Out v2. The ticket was submitted 11 months ago.
The ticket is still open and waiting for response from LH Labs.

We currently have one tech guy (Matt) who wears a lot of different hats in the company. He is spread thin and most tickets cannot be responded to at this point. Warranty expiration dates are on hold right now for our customers. If you have a tech ticket in there, you aren't being ignored; we just don't have the time/manpower to get to them at this point. Hopefully that changes in the future.

However, the order tickets...all or most of them should be taken care of.

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #13,041 of 13,800
so among the things seriously wrong with LHLabs is the fact that they don't employ enough support staff.

...and they release products with too many issues

...and they continually fail to follow through on their promises

...and they don't communicate in a timely fashion

May 16, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #13,042 of 13,800
Jared, for full disclosure purposes, and in all honesty, you should let us know what Larry Ho is doing these days audio business wise. Is he a shareholder in any other audio firm? What audio products is Larry Ho selling? What quantity of products is he selling? Can you confirm to us, to the best of your knowledge, that he is not selling any stuff which was manufactured with our investment?

We need to know if our hard earned money is being used for any other purpose but the items we purchased over 4 years ago.

It is a moral imperative for you, Jared, to address these questions to Larry Ho and figure out whether you are being part of a series of unethical business practices or not.

Does anyone else on this forum know if Larry Ho is currently selling any audio products anywhere in the world?

May 17, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #13,043 of 13,800
Yes... I'm sure lots of us have been wondering about this.

it really comes down to the question of whether LHLabs are rampantly dishonest or just incredibly incompetent (or both???).

(of course, asking LHLabs about this seems pointless - but I understand the need to ask)

Jared, for full disclosure purposes, and in all honesty, you should let us know what Larry Ho is doing these days audio business wise. Is he a shareholder in any other audio firm? What audio products is Larry Ho selling? What quantity of products is he selling? Can you confirm to us, to the best of your knowledge, that he is not selling any stuff which was manufactured with our investment?

We need to know if our hard earned money is being used for any other purpose but the items we purchased over 4 years ago.

It is a moral imperative for you, Jared, to address these questions to Larry Ho and figure out whether you are being part of a series of unethical business practices or not.

Does anyone else on this forum know if Larry Ho is currently selling any audio products anywhere in the world?

May 17, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #13,045 of 13,800
I was going through my LH Labs files and saw this...

RE: $22 per Xfint to new DAC (9018AQ2M)

Bold added:
"If you’ve selected a Geek Pulse X∞, we’re offering you a chance to upgrade your DAC chip from the ESS Sabre 9018M to the 9018AQ2M, which is brand new for 2015!"

We were paying in 2014 for "hot" chips for 2015.
The A&futura SE100 DAP has a "new for 2018" ESS SABRE ES9038PRO 8channel.

Many newer DAPs have the '28 chips, so we pre-paid for old tech.

Mike

May 17, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #13,047 of 13,800
My understanding is that the 28 chip is identical, just relabeled.
Interesting.

And I am aware that implementation is as important as the DAC.

Mike

May 17, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #13,048 of 13,800
Is he a shareholder in any other audio firm?

I would have no information over that and that would be completely irrelevant to any IGG campaigns. Also, I would not be allowed to state that if I did know.

What audio products is Larry Ho selling?

Larry owns both Light Harmonic and LH Labs. They're different divisions, selling different items, and some same items under different configurations, as they are from different divisions.

What quantity of products is he selling?

I have no information over that, and that is not relevant to IGG campaigns, nor would I be allowed to state that if I did know.

Can you confirm to us, to the best of your knowledge, that he is not selling any stuff which was manufactured with our investment?

LH Labs is not funding any other projects outside of their respective campaigns.

edit: sorry guys, this won't let me put my response outside a quote box for some reason

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back