Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 15, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #12,931 of 13,800
I'm not authorized to give out that information and you're not authorized to know that information. Regardless of the number we do or don't have left from the 2013 Pulses, we know you won't be happy with any answer or figure I give you. If someone in management wants to release that information, we will make an announcement.

I will say, though, that the 2013 backers I have spoken to about their units have been incredibly gracious about the entire thing (moreso than others on the forum who do NOT have a missing 2013 Pulse in play) and Larry and I are working to make sure we get them their units in a timely manner.

woops....Thanks

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #12,933 of 13,800
we know you won't be happy with any answer or figure I give you.

No I'm quite sure everyone would be pleased to finally hear the real answer, you know, the TRUTH? It's been years in the making.

Larry and I are working to make sure we get them their units in a timely manner.

Timely in comparison to what? Timely defined how? That timely ship sailed a good long time ago.

Feb 16, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #12,937 of 13,800
Me too, October 29, 2013 when it just posted after the heads up from them on the other campaign site re the Geek Out

Wonder why we did not receive the Pulse while others who join later, did?
I wondered why Pulse was for sale on Amazon before crowdfunding backers got theres.

Mike

Feb 16, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #12,938 of 13,800
I wondered why Pulse was for sale on Amazon before crowdfunding backers got theres.

Mike

That was explained by Gavin - it was to try and get awareness of the product in the normal market. They found by the time the campaigns finished to normal backers, the product was DOA in the retail market, so they released some to the retail market before then. They tried to get the units back from Amazon but Amazon wouldn't release them.

Someone can probably post that update or video or email he sent out with that information.

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #12,939 of 13,800
That was explained by Gavin - it was to try and get awareness of the product in the normal market. They found by the time the campaigns finished to normal backers, the product was DOA in the retail market, so they released some to the retail market before then. They tried to get the units back from Amazon but Amazon wouldn't release them.

Someone can probably post that update or video or email he sent out with that information.

So, in short, it's for self-interest, then -- interest of LH labs and the pockets of Uncle Ho, while ignoring the interest of backers whose hard-earned cash were already taken.

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #12,940 of 13,800
So, in short, it's for self-interest, then -- interest of LH labs and the pockets of Uncle Ho, while ignoring the interest of backers whose hard-earned cash were already taken.

This topic of crowd-funding vs pre-order was already beat to death earlier in the thread. You can Google it for more information as well.

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #12,941 of 13,800
This topic of crowd-funding vs pre-order was already beat to death earlier in the thread. You can Google it for more information as well.

"Already beat to death", ok.

Then I assume you should be able to tell me this very concisely --
What good does it do for backers, by making Geek Pulse available in the Amazon marketplace before fulfilling their orders? I don't recall any backer asking LH Labs to "get awareness of the product in the normal market", as you said.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #12,942 of 13,800
Not sure it's actually worth remembering what they did with the amazon orders. Some say it's because they didn't have enough cash and wanted something quick. Doesn't matter if it's this or the Gavin story. The past is not important, the future is. When are the 2013 orders expected to ship with a +-?

Feb 16, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #12,943 of 13,800
"Already beat to death", ok.

Then I assume you should be able to tell me this very concisely --
What good does it do for backers, by making Geek Pulse available in the Amazon marketplace before fulfilling their orders? I don't recall any backer asking LH Labs to "get awareness of the product in the normal market", as you said.
Let's stop living in the past and get on with the present. We know that question exists. It appears to be a strategic move that did not work and yes we got hurt from it. Get over it and move on

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #12,944 of 13,800
Let's stop living in the past and get on with the present. We know that question exists. It appears to be a strategic move that did not work and yes we got hurt from it. Get over it and move on

I agree with this sentiment but with one caveat, LH Labs may not have learned any lessons in that debacle and instead just shifted the units entering the retail channel to other continents, namely Asia, where it would be harder for U.S. backers to become aware of.

There was a recent LH Labs post in I believe the Vi DAC thread that looked both like spin and potentially a smoking gun, a rather guilty sounding mention of "gear" available at retail in China through "unauthorized dealers". Really? Exactly what gear would that be and where did those unauthorized dealers get it?

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #12,945 of 13,800
I agree with this sentiment but with one caveat, LH Labs may not have learned any lessons in that debacle and instead just shifted the units entering the retail channel to other continents, namely Asia, where it would be harder for U.S. backers to become aware of.

There was a recent LH Labs post in I believe the Vi DAC thread that looked both like spin and potentially a smoking gun, a rather guilty sounding mention of "gear" available at retail in China through "unauthorized dealers". Really? Exactly what gear would that be and where did those unauthorized dealers get it?

Do you any evidence that LH Labs is selling products to the Asian market? Any products they are supposed to ship to backers? Any products that would be using our collective 6 million USD?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back