Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 11, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #12,903 of 13,800
This is just silly, you have quite a talent of not answering a direct question thus perpetuation this little circle of missing deadlines. Are all the remaining 2013 pulses included in the batch? You want us to have confidence in LH? This is the chance for redemption.

Feb 11, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #12,904 of 13,800
This is just silly, you have quite a talent of not answering a direct question thus perpetuation this little circle of missing deadlines. Are all the remaining 2013 pulses included in the batch? You want us to have confidence in LH? This is the chance for redemption.

1. I didn't ignore the question; I was checking with Larry.
2. This includes or should include ALL orders that haven't been received, regardless of year.
3. If you have a 2013 unit (apparently the source of contention here), please PM me your order information so we can verify you're receiving the unit or what your situation is.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #12,906 of 13,800
LPS and LPS4 are all done already. We only have left the new chassis of LPS4 and LPS8 which fit with Pulse Infinity. These will be taken care of after we finish Pulse Infinity DAC.
What about if I have a LPS on order... do I get a LPS 4 upgrade? haha, you know, if I wanted to purchase more LH Labs products ...

Make sure those mu metal shields are on!
please! as a Canadian I don't want to be shipping this back and forth...

Feb 12, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #12,907 of 13,800
You are quite right. I actually don't. Never participated in any Indiegogo campaigns, and never would.

I admit I was tempted like you, too. When I received emails after emails from LH Labs about their "incredible price", I almost backed them. But then I saw them pushing perks like "DAD upgrade", "Best Geek Wave 128 upgrade" and "Geek Wave XDF 256" -- along with the USB cables that cost $1,000 plus -- I smell something fishy. Too bad you didn't smell that.

If you haven't backed anything LHL then why are you in this thread? I smell something fishy in posting here.
We don't need to be mocked cause we couldn't smell the fish.

Feb 12, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #12,908 of 13,800
If you haven't backed anything LHL then why are you in this thread? I smell something fishy in posting here.

Likewise, the poster m17x2b, for being so aggressively concerned with his 2013 order, hasn't contacted me yet regarding his 2013 order to confirm it's still on the list for being sent.

An indication of other things at play?

Feb 12, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #12,910 of 13,800
Oh dear, what's the point in sending you my details? Are they going to help in any way except a new delivery date?
But if you are so keen, you should have better visibility of my case so here is my contact with LH labs support, and my thoughts at the time.

Hi,
I am a backer of the initial pulse campaign as I made the payment for the pulse Xfi in December 2013. Let me know when you estimate to ship my order as I should be in the first batch of shipping.
Thank you.

Hi Daniel,
Yes you are in the first batch, but since you ordered your Pulse in the last days of the campaign, there are about 250 Pulse XFIs that need to be built and shipped before yours will come up as next in the shipping queue. The current estimate is that by the end of May we should have all first batch backers completed, but I see that it will more likely be by the end of June.

Nice so not too long to wait, end of June, this will be great
Hi, I just saw the new chasis and I would like to upgrade to it. This being the case let me know when you estimate the delivery considering I backed the pulse in December in the initial campaign. Regards, Daniel

Hi Daniel,
You should be getting yours shipped mid September or October. I have updated your account to reflect that you would like to receive the new chassis for your Pulse X Infinity.

New chassis, good I didn't get it earlier so I could upgrade. Also upgraded for infinity. Good that I could pay with paypal on my credit card well after the campaign was over.It's a risky move but it's worth it. But if I could upgrade after what was the point of limiting the perks and pushing so hard on limited numbers.
Hello,
I'm Daniel and I currently have a Pulse Infinity in the new case on order. Could you tell me if upgrading to ViDac is an option and if so how much will it be depending on the option? I remember there is a tube and a solid state one.
Thank you.

Hi Daniel,

If you would like to trade up to a Vi DAC Infinity or Vi Tube DAC Infinity here are the calculations as follows:

Since you purchased the Pulse XFI unit in 2013 you receive 120% credit on the unit with upgrades.
Cost of Pulse $299 + $140 X upgrade + $119 Femto Clock + $88 Instant $1M upgrade = $646 used for trade-up
$ 646
X 120% = $775.20
Price of Vi DAC: $1699.00
Cost paid thus far: $775.20
Remaining Balance: $ $923.80 for Vi DAC (Infinity)

Price of Vi DAC: $1969.00
Cost paid thus far: $775.20
Remaining Balance: $1193.80 for Vi Tube DAC (Infinity)

Please be aware that the above calculation does not include shipping costs previously contributed for your Pulse unit. If you opted to have us hold your shipment until the ViDAC is ready, we will use the unused shipping paid to ship your ViDAC.
The trade up options are only for your LPS/4 and or Pulse DAC with applicable upgrades. Trade up upgrades we can apply to your Vi DAC XFI would be what you paid for your Pulse, X upgrade, Femto Clocks, and Internal Amp. We give you credit for this because these components are already in the Vi DAC XFI and we want to give you credit because you are purchasing the Vi DAC XFI at early bird pricing of $1699.
Any upgrades you have purchased for your Vi DAC such as Infinity upgrade are considered "add ons" because those upgrades do not come in a standard Vi DAC that you are purchasing, you would now have a Vi DAC Infinity.
Please let me know if you have any questions regarding these calculations.

Hmmm, this is a bit too much and I haven't heard to original yet. Not a good idea.
For current me this is a "you aholes" moment. I don't think it's hard to image they knew at that point they wouldn't deliver but still pushed out of the campaigns hard.
Hello,
I would like to know when the 2013 backed geek pulse will be shipped as I keep getting update emails that everything has been shipped.
Thank you.

Hi Daniel,
Thank you for opening a support ticket regarding your order. We have completed the 1st batch of Pulse X Infinity shipments: http://lhlabs.com/downloads/updates/dianas_production_progress_chart.pdf
You are confirmed to receive a Pulse X Infinity with a 2G x 1 m and 1G x 1 m cable.
12/26/2013
Pulse X Infinity 2G x 1m
1G x 1m D
The 2nd batch of Pulse X Infinities are due to start the shipping process by the end of November. Once your unit is ready to leave our facility, you will get an email with tracking information from our shipping department. I appreciate your patience regarding this and look forward to shipping your unit very soon.

Finally, should get them this time, it's been a while but I'm getting all my other gear ready just waiting for the dac. Good thing I bought a custom LPS.
Hello,
Let me know if you have an estimation of when my Pulse Infinity will ship?
Thank you

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your time,
I apologize for the delay in your Pulse unit shipping out. The latest batch of boards that were delivered to us had a 88% failure rate. We do have you on file and will be able to ship your unit out once we receive our replacement boards in house. Unfortunately, at this time our production team is behind schedule in delivering the units. They estimate that the boards will arrive around mid February and will begin shipping in March. Once again, I apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as the production team works to get these units shipped out to the remaining backers as quickly as possible.
Best regards

Manny Torres
Customer Happiness Manager/ Tech support Supervisor

Ah, got my HEK,a couple of amps but still running on the GO1000. If this thing doesn't pan out I need to find a new dac. screw this is ruining my first hi end system, I've spent years picking each component.
Hello,
I will move to a new address next week so please update your records for the Infinity shipment.
Let me know if you require my old address.
Do you have an estimated ship date for my order(Geek Out Infinity first backed in December 2013)?
Regards,
Daniel

Hello Daniel,

First and foremost I wanted to thank you for all your support and patience. I know its been a long wait, but wanted to assure you that there is light at the end of the tunnel!
I have updated your shipping address for you. Thank you for letting us know of your new shipping address.

Pulse X Infinity 2G x 1m

I apologize for the delay in your Pulse X Infinity unit shipping out. We do have you on file and will be able to ship your unit out. Unfortunately at this time our production team is behind schedule in delivering the units. The batch of boards from our new vendor have passed QC and more are on it's way for mass production. Once again I apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as the production team works to get these units shipped out to the remaining backers as quickly as possible.

Current estimations in regard to your unit and your date of purchase as to where you are in our shipping queue is W4 May 2016. We appreciate your patience as we work to deliver you a quality product.
Again we appreciate your support and if you have any additional questions or concerns, or if I missed anything, please let me know.

Nice dacs are expensive, even more so that this one. Got a GOV2. Maybe there's a chance...
Hello,
Can you give me an estimate on when this will ship? I have backed it in 2013.
Thank you,
Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your time. Here is the latest update released by Larry regarding the pending Pulse units:
On Thu, Aug 11, 2016, Larry and LH Labs Team. <cs@lhlabs.com> wrote:
Message from Larry Ho and the LH Labs Team.
View this email in your browser
icon_envelope.png

2de0276d-84a6-4aab-b1f4-3274a45bc699.jpg

It's been a month since last update. And I know all the remaining Infinity backers are eagerly waiting for their units. Some of them supported and helped us from long time ago and we truly appreciated. In the past four weeks, we did ship out some Pulse Infinity DAC but not enough. In the end, we decide to increase the PO number to 100 and push few key component providers to give us more components than original plan to buffer any potential QC process delay.

Currently, we aim to finish around 100 units by the middle of September. And in the mean while, we won’t stop shipping.

And we just updated the production progress chart.

http://lhlabs.com/forum/topic/overall-campaign-shipping-status-update-december-5-2015/

As you could see. We finished quite a lot of “smaller” units in past two months. And we are keep delivering.

Thank you so much for your patience.

Cheers,

Larry and LH Labs Team.

Yep it was a scam. But a valuable lesson not to thrust people by default when making medium to big claims without a solid backing. This will not happen again.
Hello Larry,

Let me know if you have any updates on my unit. It's been a while since 2013, I've grown a beard, changed three jobs and one country, bought two houses but I'm still eager to get my Pulse Infinity and see how it competes with my Pavane. I bet the femto clocks will do great against R2R. Please make sure the mu metal shields are attached like I asked on the head-fi forum in 2015.
Or as I have written this off since most likely my money was spent on tesla research or showroom cost please donate it to anyone who needs a doorstop.

Regards,
Daniel

Let me know what your reply is.

Feb 12, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #12,911 of 13,800

I agree with the fact that there should be no place for mockery on this forum.

Having said that, it is my strong opinion that LH Labs (particularly Larry Ho as he is the single owner of the company that has his initials) has caused a lot of damage to the Hi Fi Industry, including consumers, manufacturers, and businesses that need advertisement. The $$ size of this fiasco and the resulting loss of trust by consumers means real damage. I will give you an example: Centrance is an ethical firm that makes great and affordable products and has used Indiegogo in order to raise funds. Who will trust Centrance now? Even if they are trusted, they will get far less funds. Consumers who will never get to enjoy their Centrance products (because they have lost trust in the crowdfunding system) will also be hurt to a less extent. Potential recipients of advertisement? Also hurt!

We should perceive "level of trust" as a very valuable commodity. If there is anything I admire about the Hi-Fi industry is their level of passion, commitment, and ethics. I wish all other industries were just like this one.

Feb 13, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #12,913 of 13,800
If anyone wants their 2013 Pulse, contact me with your information. If you don't want to provide that information, we understand but we cannot guarantee your unit will get shipped. It is completely your decision and we understand either way.

Feb 13, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #12,914 of 13,800
If our information hasn't changed are you still suggesting we re-contact you.
It seems that the customer database changes or gets lost about yearly.
Also, your tone suggests a passive-aggressive be nice to me or you won't get your product.
All output from LH Labs should be humility and apologies.
If somehow all the LH Labs products eventually get shipped Larry should still view this episode (years) as the lowest time point of his career.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back