Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 16, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #12,947 of 13,800
BB93EBB8-8AA7-4280-AE2D-8D69F51AD20E.png

Vi DAC SS, Pulse X in stock, Source standard can be order and lead time of one month

Feb 16, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #12,948 of 13,800

Vi DAC SS, Pulse X in stock, Source standard can be order and lead time of one month

Who is the retailer? Vi DAC and Source for a one month lead time? And we're still only on the Source Signature Edition? The office guys would love to hear about this development.

Edit: Below is a "shadow dealer". Very common in Asia.

Anyone want a Da Vinci? Plenty in stock from this dealer. Like 20.

Da Vinci.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #12,949 of 13,800
Either it is a strategic move, or it is Gavin Fish.

That being said, I would not be surprised if it is something else given LH labs' history, including how they sell Geek Plus when multiple 2013 backers still have not received their units, and how they recently promoted Campfire Audio's creation as their own in this December's Tokyo e-earphone show -- even though their deal with the latter was called off, and even though Larry Ho should have returned that prototype he used in the show to Campfire Audio's Ken Ball.

Feb 16, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #12,950 of 13,800
Either it is a strategic move, or it is Gavin Fish.

That being said, I would not be surprised if it is something else given LH labs' history, including how they sell Geek Plus when multiple 2013 backers still have not received their units, and how they recently promoted Campfire Audio's creation as their own in this December's Tokyo e-earphone show -- even though their deal with the latter was called off, and even though Larry Ho should have returned that prototype he used in the show to Campfire Audio's Ken Ball.

Old news, and we already addressed it:

"Here is the whole background of this co-brand earbud. In 2017 Feb, Campfire and LH Labs had a contract that LH Labs will develop a product for Campfire. We are still respecting the original agreement so this product won't be mentioned in any details. In order to compensate 80% of the development cost (NRE) for us, and in good faith, we didn't want Campfire to spend too much cash in up front. Both parties agreed to use another co-branded earbud for the major portion of that product's NRE. And we will work together on both end. That is how and where this co-branded earbud came from.

We put in a lot of engineering effort to design the schematics and PCB for that product and Campfire also provided us few samples of this co-branded earbud. Emails and communications were good and smooth on both ends. We expected nothing but a win-win relationship.

In the early of Nov., our Japanese distributor did the first time branding introduction to Japan since we didn't have any Japan distributor or partner before. The major purpose was to launch the brand and show some good products we have which include Da Vinci DAC, Vi DAC, GO2A and GO2Pro and so on. This also included the pre-launch of this co-branded earbud. They are not selling any of our products or collect any money of that co-branded earbud in that show. The whole purpose is to make a good introduction of the whole product line.

At the last day of the Nov. 3-5 Japan audio show, after our Japan distributor already put a lot of effort on marketing. Ken Ball told me they decided to terminate the original product development project and also this co-branded earbud.

This was out of the dark and I'm super surprised and not clearly understanding the decision process. Regardless, since we didn't release any news or want to launch this co-branded earbud in any other countries besides Japan, the only thing left we want to do is the make sure our partner in Japan don't get into a very bad situation for this sudden one-sided decision.

During the past few weeks, we tried to use email to communicate about how to fix the situation in Japan. And we will continue to do so.

To be super clear, we don't have any intention to get involved with this co-branded earbud anymore with Campfire. Nor want to infrige any IP they have. This would be the best result. The only problem which now seems sadly beared on our side is how we could prevent the damage of our Japanese partner. There is no users or buyers paid any money yet but our partner already spent a lot of money and effort on it. We can not just simply said "Sorry, you got screwed".

Just to be super clear: we are not selling this unit. We are not bringing it to market. It is a dead product.

We will keep communicate with Japan and Campfire to find the best solution. And I think this statement will be also clarify if there is any confusion. We are also working to get the product back to Ken Ball."

And Ken and Larry have been in contact over this since this was posted, so very old news, and currently a non-issue.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #12,952 of 13,800
Who is the retailer? Vi DAC and Source for a one month lead time? And we're still only on the Source Signature Edition? The office guys would love to hear about this development.

Edit: This is a "shadow dealer". Very common in Asia. They're charging what appears to be $300 in US funds for Vi DAC. Larry wants one too at that price.

Yosemite, LH Labs authorized dealer in Shenzhen, China

Feb 17, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #12,957 of 13,800
So let's address this and put this to bed:

1. Sales to dealers are different than IGG. They have different items, different channels of payments. IGG merchandise does NOT go to dealers. The only two that shipped at the same time were Vi Dac SS (which most or all should have already received) and the Pulse DACs. Some dealers were also IGG backers, we have some special new dealer's perk in the campaign, and we stated that before.

2. We never stated to anyone, anywhere, that all backers would receive all merchandise before dealers. That's not how the audio business runs. We lost loads of money on IGG merchandise, so we have to make it up elsewhere. This has been discussed before. We won't stop shipping to backers just because some dealer thinks Indiegogo backers got too good of a price. Also we won't stop dealers to sell our products. Pulse totally got to dealers plus Amazon less than 30. And we totally ship 2000+ Pulse DAC to backers. See the ratio?

3. The IGG Source is different than the retail version of Source, the retail version is "Source Pro" which is being sold through retailers. The retailers DO NOT WANT IGG merchandise, they want to separate too. They want their own, special, unique version.For example, one of dealers request the 256G SSD capacity with NO HDMI output and get rid of all the special jitter removal stuff. And they plan to sell dedicatedly. They want absolutely nothing to do with the IGG market. Frankly, we got lots of complaints from dealers that IGG price is conflicting with their channel.

For anyone else who is concerned about dealership sales:

4. Yosemite has 0 Vi Tube. We are sending the incredibly vast majority of Vi Tube to backers. Maybe a few to a few dealers. We need to stay in business. We're losing money on IGG. We will continue to operate as a business so we can continue to bring in funds to build IGG gear so our backers can receive their merchandise. At no point did we state we would never ship or sell to anyone but backers. To anyone who was confused or not understanding how this company/business stays afloat and pays our bills, we apologize for the confusion. We will not apologize for staying in business to bring backers the gear they expect. It takes time, research, money, and resources. We are working incredibly hard on getting you what you paid for. We are thankful for the support of our backers who appreciate our products and the extra perks they received.

If anyone can buy, for example, the Indiegogo Source from any place in the world, including Yosemite in the same price he got from IGG, in the same form he got, we'll eat our $#*t. Otherwise, please stop misinformation and inflammatory postings.

On that note, LH as a company is considering taking a sabbatical from the forum. Unfortunately, generally speaking, there are about 5 people who cause all sorts of inflammatory postings and issues (like tonight) and it's becoming incredibly difficult to even try to conduct normal Q&A or commenting or discussion here. To be clear, it's definitely not because of normal questions over how we conduct business or regular questions over the campaign. It's the inflammatory, bullying, rude, over the top, conspiracy theory type postings that choke and stranglehold all manner of reasonable discussion.

My advice to the community who are NOT these 5 members (and you know who you are and who you are not): police your fellow members better. I don't mean Mods censoring discussion or criticism. I do mean the community who would like to engage in friendly, reasonable, non-over the top dialogue (including criticism) needs to shut down the unruly members who ruin the experience for everyone else.

On that note, I am fully aware of how these things happen, and why they happen due to our business practices, and I am aware of our shortcomings as a company. I've discussed these with Larry tonight in-depth, and I hope we can make a hard positive change. We certainly are not blameless in this situation and we accept that responsibility. I hope we can do better.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll be back at some point. In the meantime, we invite you to visit our Freshdesk forum, and keep watching our IGG updates. I am always around, and those who know me personally or who have dealt with me privately know how to get in touch with me if need be.

Thank you, and we really do appreciate everyone who supports us. :)

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #12,959 of 13,800
Then I think LH better not to involved in Crowdfunding anymore, if their don't obey IGG Terms

https://www.indiegogo.com/about/terms

"Campaign Owner eligibility is subject to Indiegogo’s review of the fulfillment status of prior crowdfunding obligations. Indiegogo reserves the right to prohibit or remove a Campaign if the Campaign Owner is delayed by three months or more in fulfilling a prior crowdfunding project on Indiegogo or another platform."

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #12,960 of 13,800

Edit: Below is a "shadow dealer". Very common in Asia.

Although Larry Ho is from Asia, this is harsh, Jarek, to call you own employer "shadow".

Well, may be he is, but the word you want is "shady", anyway.
So let's address this and put this to bed:

1. Sales to dealers are different than IGG. They have different items, different channels of payments. IGG merchandise does NOT go to dealers. The only two that shipped at the same time were Vi Dac SS (which most or all should have already received) and the Pulse DACs. Some dealers were also IGG backers, we have some special new dealer's perk in the campaign, and we stated that before.

2. We never stated to anyone, anywhere, that all backers would receive all merchandise before dealers. That's not how the audio business runs. We lost loads of money on IGG merchandise, so we have to make it up elsewhere. This has been discussed before. We won't stop shipping to backers just because some dealer thinks Indiegogo backers got too good of a price. Also we won't stop dealers to sell our products. Pulse totally got to dealers plus Amazon less than 30. And we totally ship 2000+ Pulse DAC to backers. See the ratio?

3. The IGG Source is different than the retail version of Source, the retail version is "Source Pro" which is being sold through retailers. The retailers DO NOT WANT IGG merchandise, they want to separate too. They want their own, special, unique version.For example, one of dealers request the 256G SSD capacity with NO HDMI output and get rid of all the special jitter removal stuff. And they plan to sell dedicatedly. They want absolutely nothing to do with the IGG market. Frankly, we got lots of complaints from dealers that IGG price is conflicting with their channel.

For anyone else who is concerned about dealership sales:

4. Yosemite has 0 Vi Tube. We are sending the incredibly vast majority of Vi Tube to backers. Maybe a few to a few dealers. We need to stay in business. We're losing money on IGG. We will continue to operate as a business so we can continue to bring in funds to build IGG gear so our backers can receive their merchandise. At no point did we state we would never ship or sell to anyone but backers. To anyone who was confused or not understanding how this company/business stays afloat and pays our bills, we apologize for the confusion. We will not apologize for staying in business to bring backers the gear they expect. It takes time, research, money, and resources. We are working incredibly hard on getting you what you paid for. It takes time, research, money, and resources. We are working incredibly hard on getting you what you paid for. We are thankful for the support of our backers who appreciate our products and the extra perks they received.

If anyone can buy, for example, the Indiegogo Source from any place in the world, including Yosemite in the same price he got from IGG, in the same form he got, we'll eat our $#*t. Otherwise, please stop misinformation and inflammatory postings.

I am quoting you in so people could see how unapologetic you / LH labs are, after being caught red handed.

Amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back