Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 28, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #12,737 of 13,800
Just got the pulse infinity from Amazon, was purchased during the recent price drop. Went into it with extremely low expectations and was hoping to return it after reading everything about it. After listening last night for over 8 hours straight , I am blown away. At first , figuring out how to hook it up to my pc, was a bit of a hassle. But basically you only need one driver (usb 2.0) from windows. My pc hates the lightspeed 2.0 cable though. Had to use a standard one. Now I’m using it in host mode off my iPod and listening to onkyo hf player and iTunes on it. Sounds incredible. Rca outputs are running to a sub stage amp and that signal is clean and strong. Hopefully the pulse holds up and doesn’t randomly poop out on me!!! Can anyone recommend a lps for it? Or is the lh labs lps the best one for it?

I feel the same about my XFI, it does DSD really well, a pleasure to listen to.

Dec 29, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #12,739 of 13,800
You don’t happen to use a lps or any aftermarket power supply do you?

I don´t use any external power supply, the only tweaks I´ve done are disconnecting the power leg of my Lightning USB cable when listening to music and using Fidelizer in extremist mode, both gave noticeable albeit not life changing improvements.
Power supplies are a different world, one I will probably have to discover sooner or later to see if the sound quality improvements warrant the investment.

Dec 29, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #12,740 of 13,800
It's just a $50 investment (iFi iPower 12V). Buy it and say Happy New Year!

USB regen/reclocks work. If you find a deal, take it also.

Of the two, what's more immediate is the first.

If you have the two pronged usb Lighting cable 2.0, attach the power leg (USB cable with black band) to your USB battery pack (cellphone), and the data leg (no black band) to your computer.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #12,741 of 13,800
images

Happy New Year!

Dec 29, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #12,743 of 13,800
Today, it's 50 months since the Geek Pulse campaign started.

Is there anyone who still believe that we will get our pulse, or any of the other things we have backed?

We can still hope, but I have stopped to believe.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #12,744 of 13,800
Welp, I think my X Infinity's USB input is dead. I plug in headphones and all I hear is a brrrrrrrrrrr sound and no audio plays back. Flashed the latest version of the firmware, reinstalled the latest Windows drivers, nothing. Turned off/on the unit, nothing. Tried using it with OS X, nothing. Restarted all computers and tried plugging it in, nothing. Tried a different USB cable, nothing. Tried other USB ports, nothing.

Plug in my PS4 via TOSLINK, and magically it works.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #12,745 of 13,800
Mice, try usb via OTG on your smartphone if it works.

Dec 30, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #12,747 of 13,800
Even Type C OTG (USB A) + Printer Cable?

Dec 30, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #12,749 of 13,800
Welp, I think my X Infinity's USB input is dead. I plug in headphones and all I hear is a brrrrrrrrrrr sound and no audio plays back. Flashed the latest version of the firmware, reinstalled the latest Windows drivers, nothing. Turned off/on the unit, nothing. Tried using it with OS X, nothing. Restarted all computers and tried plugging it in, nothing. Tried a different USB cable, nothing. Tried other USB ports, nothing.

Plug in my PS4 via TOSLINK, and magically it works.

Wow that sucks! What do you think may have caused it? Or was it Just random failure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back