Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 11, 2017 at 3:31 AM Post #12,707 of 13,800
Just an FYI, if anyone's order is screwed up and you email us, don't go in assuming the worst. We'll fix your order and make sure we do absolutely everything we can to get you what you paid for. One of the fellow HF members here was very worried he wouldn't get what he paid for, and it just so happened his order existed but it was under a different email he used. And if anything had been messed up on the order, I would have fixed it.

So no one panic over their order until there's actually a confirmed reason to panic. :)

Dec 11, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #12,711 of 13,800
The remaining Pulse orders are going to be produced after the current Da Vinci board run ends. When we have information over production and delivery, we'll let you know.

Don't really understand what the Da Vinci boards have to do with the Pulse boards. Why is there a dependency?
Did "Light Harmonic" receive a big order for their Da Vinci Dacs and hence share the same board manufacturer?
Otherwise my understanding was so far that: Da Vinci = Light Harmonic = no relation to any IGG campaign (which were run under the "LHlabs" umbrella).

Or do you mean ViDac boards?

Dec 11, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #12,712 of 13,800
Don't really understand what the Da Vinci boards have to do with the Pulse boards. Why is there a dependency?
Did "Light Harmonic" receive a big order for their Da Vinci Dacs and hence share the same board manufacturer?
Otherwise my understanding was so far that: Da Vinci = Light Harmonic = no relation to any IGG campaign (which were run under the "LHlabs" umbrella).

Or do you mean ViDac boards?

Light Harmonic uses a certain manufacturer. LH Labs hired the Light Harmonic manufacturer to produce LH Labs gear. So now the manufacturer is focused on building the new Light Harmonic Da Vinci order. After the manufacturer is done with that board, they will focus on the Pulse boards.

Dec 11, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #12,713 of 13,800
Just an FYI, if anyone's order is screwed up and you email us, don't go in assuming the worst. We'll fix your order and make sure we do absolutely everything we can to get you what you paid for. One of the fellow HF members here was very worried he wouldn't get what he paid for, and it just so happened his order existed but it was under a different email he used. And if anything had been messed up on the order, I would have fixed it.

So no one panic over their order until there's actually a confirmed reason to panic. :)

Some people are still waiting for their Pulses and I am still waiting for my Source and it's almost 2018...How long do we need to drink your kool aid?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 12, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #12,714 of 13,800
Just to give everyone a progress report: On the BigCommerce tickets, right now we're now closing in on (by tomorrow) 150 tickets that are "Open" which means that we haven't responded to yet. BUT: we were around 400 earlier, so that means we've been cranking through these and getting them answered/resolved. There are "Pending" BigCommerce tickets in the system, which just means that we are waiting on the customer response. So either way, if your BigCommerce ticket hasn't been answered yet, it will be soon-ish. Again, we've hired Natalie and we have another guy helping out as a volunteer, so these should go fairly quickly.

Any negative comments about any of ^ won't be responded to by me, as I'll be too busy working on tickets. (or at a Clutch concert, whichever comes first)

Edit: After an 16 hour day on this, we're now at 149 "Open" tickets. As the song goes: I've done it, I've had it, I'm ready for bed.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #12,715 of 13,800
Just to give everyone a progress report: On the BigCommerce tickets, right now we're now closing in on (by tomorrow) 150 tickets that are "Open" which means that we haven't responded to yet. BUT: we were around 400 earlier, so that means we've been cranking through these and getting them answered/resolved. There are "Pending" BigCommerce tickets in the system, which just means that we are waiting on the customer response. So either way, if your BigCommerce ticket hasn't been answered yet, it will be soon-ish. Again, we've hired Natalie and we have another guy helping out as a volunteer, so these should go fairly quickly.

Any negative comments about any of ^ won't be responded to by me, as I'll be too busy working on tickets. (or at a Clutch concert, whichever comes first)

Edit: After an 16 hour day on this, we're now at 149 "Open" tickets. As the song goes: I've done it, I've had it, I'm ready for bed.

Seriously? Whooaa!!! What an idiotic response! "Soon-ish". I laugh so hard that for a moment I forgot that I threw away over $2000 of my hard earned money down the drain on little Made off wanna bes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 12, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #12,716 of 13,800
Unfortunately, the board appears to be not well designed for manufacturing. It is probably very precisely designed and the degree of precision does not allow for manufacturing tolerances. This is just a guess, of course, but it does seem to suffer from a high reject rate and more than normal early failures in the field. Fortunately it would seem that in most cases if these DACs live through their first few months that most will continue to operate as normal for a long time.

J.P.

It seems to be just LH Labs that has these PCB-board issues.
Can all the instability come from a design issue with the Pulse PCB-board?
LH Labs have had problems with their PCB board since 2015.
All batches of Pulse PCB board have failed in recent years, I'm afraid that the next batch will do the same.
I wonder how many PCB assembly factory that have tried to make Pulse PCB board the last two years?

Does anyone remember this from December 23, 2015?
Note that Pulse delay by switching the PCB assembly factory was only four week.
The other reliable PCB assembly factory also failed to make PCB board for the Pulse.

Message from Larry and Production.

We know you have been waiting patiently for your Pulse Infinity and would like to extend our sincerest gratitude. Pulse Infinity DAC in 2.0 chassis alone has more than 500 backers in total. It has been quite the ride and we are continually pushing to get our Pulse Infinity DAC in your hands. And we're roughly half way through it.
You are receiving this email because we just received PCBs from our assembly factory but according to our internal quality standard, this whole batch of board are not qualified. Needless to say this has caused a delay in shipping, and we already contacted another reliable PCB assembly factory to restart the work of this batch. We wanted to personally inform you of this matter, while production does everything in their power to resolve this issue in a timely manner. The expected impact of delivery schedule will be four weeks. Again, we want to express our gratitude for your patience. We will restart the Infinity DAC shipping towards the end of January.
Hope you could support our decision of insisting on the best quality. If you have any particular question in mind, you are welcome to go to support.lhlabs.com to open a ticket for your Pulse Infinity order.
Thank you so much,

Larry & The Production Team

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #12,718 of 13,800
I agree. Though I like the 2.0 chassis better, I elected to go with the original when people changed their orders and there were some available. I am glad I did, because I have had use of the device while they have been struggling with a different board. It was a nice "upgrade" but not for those still waiting.

Dec 13, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #12,719 of 13,800
When they we're soliciting for chassis 2.0 backers to revert to 1.0. Smelled something not right. And since my LPS4 was already delivered in the ver 1.0 chassis, I sent CS a ticket. Glad also that have done it.

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #12,720 of 13,800
Well, I took the big gamble, opted for both Pulse X Infinity and LPS4 in 2.0 chassis and received them?! It did take until November 2015... Still terrible, but I think I may be the only person to ever receive an LPS4 in the 2.0 chassis... Talk about absolute, outlandish luck on that one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back