Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
May 12, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #12,391 of 13,800
I feel sorry for gavin fish because it now seems larry was the brains and gavin took the fall for the crowd funding. hard to stomach with so many people he is not trying every thing to deliver on the product but flying around the world to raise even more money by pushing new product on others who don't read English much and aren't aware of his history. I nearly gave him my money but thank my wife she banned me.

May 13, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #12,392 of 13,800
I feel sorry for gavin fish because it now seems larry was the brains and gavin took the fall for the crowd funding.

Not sure... have you been involved in any of the Pulse/Wave/Source campaigns?
From what I read from your post I doubt that otherwise you wouldn't be sorry for Gavin Fish.
He is by far not the "good" guy and Larry "only" the bad one.

He was the marketing head who threw in more and more perks which, at the end, weren't able to be produced.

Hence I react a "bit sensitive" when this guy is positioned as the "white knight".
My view...

May 17, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #12,393 of 13,800
Not sure... have you been involved in any of the Pulse/Wave/Source campaigns?
From what I read from your post I doubt that otherwise you wouldn't be sorry for Gavin Fish.
He is by far not the "good" guy and Larry "only" the bad one.

He was the marketing head who threw in more and more perks which, at the end, weren't able to be produced.

Hence I react a "bit sensitive" when this guy is positioned as the "white knight".
My view...

Gavin (rickyleelee) is that you? I completely agree marflao, Gavin is equally responsible and jumped from the boat before the biggest fiasco in audiophile history ended his career...Gavin Fish doesn´t deserve an ounce of sorrow when three and a half years later some of our brothers are yet to receive their products.

May 17, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #12,394 of 13,800
Gavin (rickyleelee) is that you? I completely agree marflao, Gavin is equally responsible and jumped from the boat before the biggest fiasco in audiophile history ended his career...Gavin Fish doesn´t deserve an ounce of sorrow when three and a half years later some of our brothers are yet to receive their products.

Yup. Gavin was the one who brazenly assured all that piling on new perks and new campaigns one on top of the other in a massive perkopalypse would in NO WAY impact their ability to deliver in a timely and quality manner. He also marketed many campaigns like the Wave and Power Amp as R&D almost done but 3 years later it's apparent they were starting from scratch and still ongoing. He was also the one who over-ruled transferable warranties after Larry (the freaking CEO) stated warranties were transferable. I think even Larry believed the hype generated by Gavin and was left holding the bag while Gavin jumped ship.

May 17, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #12,395 of 13,800
Yup. Gavin was the one who brazenly assured all that piling on new perks and new campaigns one on top of the other in a massive perkopalypse would in NO WAY impact their ability to deliver in a timely and quality manner. ....
"... NO WAY impact their ability to deliver ..." And yet here we are after ~3 forums, ~3 commerce sites, ~3 surveys, and ~3 years gone by.
So many bad memories. The hangover / PTSD may be with me until death.

May 20, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #12,396 of 13,800
HELP

So about two months now, my Xfinity has become a pain to deal with. It's connected to windows 10. Every time I turn on the Pulse, I get a buzz through my headphones. If this happens, I can't get any music or noise through to the headphones from the computer. I have to keep turning the Pulse on and off until I don't hear the buzz. Now, even if I don't hear the buzz, no music can go through. At this point, I have to reconnect the usb that is connected to the computer. After reconnecting, if I hear the buzz, then I have to start over by turning on and off the Pulse.

Only by luck, if I happened to turn on the Pulse without any buzz, and reconnect the usb without any buzz through the headphones, only then can I listen to music. If I hear a buzz any time through this process, then basically, I have to reset the Pulse and start over. I spend about 15-30 minutes doing this whenever I want to use the Pulse.

Has this happened to anyone? If so, is there any fixes?

I have emailed Lh lab support about a month ago and still no reply.

May 20, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #12,398 of 13,800
HELP

So about two months now, my Xfinity has become a pain to deal with. It's connected to windows 10. Every time I turn on the Pulse, I get a buzz through my headphones. If this happens, I can't get any music or noise through to the headphones from the computer. I have to keep turning the Pulse on and off until I don't hear the buzz. Now, even if I don't hear the buzz, no music can go through. At this point, I have to reconnect the usb that is connected to the computer. After reconnecting, if I hear the buzz, then I have to start over by turning on and off the Pulse.

Only by luck, if I happened to turn on the Pulse without any buzz, and reconnect the usb without any buzz through the headphones, only then can I listen to music. If I hear a buzz any time through this process, then basically, I have to reset the Pulse and start over. I spend about 15-30 minutes doing this whenever I want to use the Pulse.

Has this happened to anyone? If so, is there any fixes?

I have emailed Lh lab support about a month ago and still no reply.

How are you connecting to the computer? Directly to the USB port? Through a LPS? Through a different type of USB hub?

Have you tried a different USB port? Have you tried a different USB cable?

Do you have access to a different computer to see if the issue continues after the move?

May 20, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #12,399 of 13,800
When something happens I usually test it on my Android phone via an OTG cable, using UAPP as my music app.

May 20, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #12,400 of 13,800
When something happens I usually test it on my Android phone via an OTG cable, using UAPP as my music app.

Good call. It has been so long since I have done it, I forgot that you can also connect an iPhone using the Camera Connector Kit.

I was using the Onkyo player, but I cannot think of a reason why iTunes music would not work as well for testing.

May 22, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #12,401 of 13,800
How are you connecting to the computer? Directly to the USB port? Through a LPS? Through a different type of USB hub?

Have you tried a different USB port? Have you tried a different USB cable?

Do you have access to a different computer to see if the issue continues after the move?

I have the LPS powering the pulse, but the pulse is directly connected to the computer via the 2g light speed usb cable that was provided by LH labs. I have tried different usb ports, but still the same results. I have not tried different cables nor have I tried a different computer, and I have not tried my phone.

Is there a reason to test the pulse on a different computer or phone? Because I don't plan on using the pulse on a different computer or phone.

May 22, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #12,402 of 13,800
I have the LPS powering the pulse, but the pulse is directly connected to the computer via the 2g light speed usb cable that was provided by LH labs. I have tried different usb ports, but still the same results. I have not tried different cables nor have I tried a different computer, and I have not tried my phone.

Is there a reason to test the pulse on a different computer or phone? Because I don't plan on using the pulse on a different computer or phone.
Have you tried leaving the X Infinity on for a while as I suggested above? I'm using the LPS4 and LightSpeed 2G cable as well.
That actually happened to me this last week after not using it for like 6 months while I was away for school.

I let it physically warm up overnight and everything was a-okay the next morning.

May 22, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #12,403 of 13,800
Testing it from my phone gives me the idea if the problem is coming from my computer or not. Since the phone has different OS and USB port.

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #12,404 of 13,800

I have seen issues where some computer updates cause problems with the USB ports (mostly Windows updates, sometimes motherboard/component driver updates), and a lot of issues where the LH driver does not install properly.

Being able to test with a phone/tablet would take those potentials out of the equation and help with narrowing down the issue to either the Pulse or the computer.

However, try using a different USB cable first. It is the easiest troubleshooting step to try (if you have an extra cable), and potentially the easiest fix.

May 24, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #12,405 of 13,800
I have seen issues where some computer updates cause problems with the USB ports (mostly Windows updates, sometimes motherboard/component driver updates), and a lot of issues where the LH driver does not install properly.

Being able to test with a phone/tablet would take those potentials out of the equation and help with narrowing down the issue to either the Pulse or the computer.

However, try using a different USB cable first. It is the easiest troubleshooting step to try (if you have an extra cable), and potentially the easiest fix.

So, I've tried different usb cables and still the same results. I've also tried connecting the pulse to my macbook pro (2011 snow leopard), but the mac would not recognize it.

I can try using my iphone and my brother's samsung galaxy tomorrow to see if they'll work. I'll try my brother's laptop, since he has windows also.

I will also try leaving it on to warm it up, and see if that'll work on first try. However, I don't really like leaving my electronics on without usage, even though it would be ideal for the dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back