Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 5, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #12,136 of 13,800
Well deadline day for lh labs to respond to PayPal for information regard non receipt of goods , guess what not a word. I really don't understand their stance, surely they must realise everyone considers them arrogant beyond belief.

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #12,137 of 13,800
I've been waiting over 3 months for one of my two refunds for non crowdfunded things to go through.. multiple tickets open reminding them.  At this point I'm pretty disappointed in lh labs

Feb 5, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #12,139 of 13,800
And the crazy thing is people are still buying from them, absolutely bonkers.

I will say in their defense when they do finally get a product out the door and it has no hiccups it generally sounds nice. I bought the 20G after having to go my credit card company to get my refund on my Revive because if LH Labs ignored my requests. The reason I did that is because I wanted to give the 20G a shot because I liked the idea and I had LH Labs espoused 30 money back garuntee to show to my credit card company if LH Labs ignored my refund request again.

Feb 5, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #12,140 of 13,800
  I've been waiting over 3 months for one of my two refunds for non crowdfunded things to go through.. multiple tickets open reminding them.  At this point I'm pretty disappointed in lh labs

I opened a ticket weeks ago asking some simple questions and no reply either, I think LHLabs customer service is now defunct which is a sign of a sinking ship. I remember back in the day Gavin Fish giving confrences about LhLabs´ enormously successful crowdfunding model/campaign...how what could have been a bright future has turned into this fiasco is beyond me.

I´d also like to add that my Pulse XFI sounds rather nice and especially so with DSD material.

Feb 5, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #12,141 of 13,800
LH Labs customer service is not defunct, but is severely dysfunctional. This may suggest that they are overloaded with tickets due to their incomprehensible and ignorant attitude of insisting that all questions be entered as a ticket for their "Customer Happiness" (Ha!) team rather than answer even the most basic questions in public, or better yet produce a FAQ or otherwise post this information publicly.

They are setting themselves up for these unnecessary difficulties and ultimately failure. LH Labs may continue to operate (and I truly hope that they do) but with substantially less growth and success than could easily be achieved by keeping their customers happy.

J.P.

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #12,142 of 13,800

PayPal obviously found in my favour today and the money has been returned. I don't expect to see the pulse again possibly a good thing considering they brought a product to market that was so floored they have been swamped with failures. Good luck everyone i'm out of this thread.

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #12,143 of 13,800
  Of the IGG campaign may be a few people but for the most part no refunds.  I contributed to a mono amp by mistake and they would not give me a refund claiming it was IGG policy. However, I should have fought it through PayPal or credit card but I didnt want to deal with all the hassle and ended up contributing to the matching amp.  

They are very clever business people. 

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #12,145 of 13,800
Fook me I think i'me out then I receive an email from technical informing me the unit was shipped on the 3rd . Right my original lasted 18 months the one coming back is xfi with a2qm sabre. Anyone had one with no significant problems . Cut to the chase I either pay on receipt or refuse it , advice welcome, lh labs should really read their mail to avoid this kind of nonsense.

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #12,146 of 13,800
Fook me I think i'me out then I receive an email from technical informing me the unit was shipped on the 3rd . Right my original lasted 18 months the one coming back is xfi with a2qm sabre. Anyone had one with no significant problems . Cut to the chase I either pay on receipt or refuse it , advice welcome, lh labs should really read their mail to avoid this kind of nonsense.

You got already the PP refund, right?
Then refuse the delivery and let it be shipped back.

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #12,147 of 13,800
So post-pulse life, what would you replace your desktop setup with instead (e.g if it were to not work or sold)? A yggy, gumby or bimby with the corresponding amp? A metric or mytek? Maybe a bimby with a Jotunheim would be killer value but doesn't stack nicely on a desk. Perhaps without bias, the dual ak4490's on the Jotunheim would be enough for most folks. I've been debating this for a while should anything ever happen to my Xfinity with lps4...

If funds allowed, I think I would just go Holo spring dac kitsune edition with like an ifi iCan pro and call it a day for years.

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #12,148 of 13,800
Heard the Mytek Brooklyn this past weekend (wanted to hear the Yggy, but too crowded to check it out). Also heard Mojo Audio Mystique (CanJam NY).
Both of the ones I heard (in good systems) made beautiful music, would go for one of these if I weren't into LH Labs for my first born...

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #12,150 of 13,800
I did hear the vanilla Pulse at the Philly area meet 2 weekends ago, thought it actually sounded pretty nice, have to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back