Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 7, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #12,153 of 13,800
Guys, I am looking to sell my Geek Pulse Infinity in V1 Chassis now.  No issues with it whatsoever during the time I have owned it (after having a cap replaced by LH Labs).  Sounds great, but it's just overkill for me as I don't really need something this extravagant.  Also, I got a Sansui AU717 as an amp and no longer need the 4 pin XLR output.

PM me if interested, we can work out the price.

Feb 7, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #12,155 of 13,800
So post-pulse life, what would you replace your desktop setup with instead (e.g if it were to not work or sold)? A yggy, gumby or bimby with the corresponding amp? A metric or mytek? Maybe a bimby with a Jotunheim would be killer value but doesn't stack nicely on a desk. Perhaps without bias, the dual ak4490's on the Jotunheim would be enough for most folks. I've been debating this for a while should anything ever happen to my Xfinity with lps4...

If funds allowed, I think I would just go Holo spring dac kitsune edition with like an ifi iCan pro and call it a day for years.

I went with the Holo Level 3. I should have it in 2 weeks :)

Feb 7, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #12,156 of 13,800
So post-pulse life, what would you replace your desktop setup with instead (e.g if it were to not work or sold)? A yggy, gumby or bimby with the corresponding amp? A metric or mytek? Maybe a bimby with a Jotunheim would be killer value but doesn't stack nicely on a desk. Perhaps without bias, the dual ak4490's on the Jotunheim would be enough for most folks. I've been debating this for a while should anything ever happen to my Xfinity with lps4...

If funds allowed, I think I would just go Holo spring dac kitsune edition with like an ifi iCan pro and call it a day for years.

I went from an Infinity to a Cavalli Liquid Gold and a Holo Spring L3 with a Singxer SU-1. Bit of an upgrade! However, the Infinity was nice. Cheers

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #12,158 of 13,800
Were you actually able to sell the Infinity? I had a totally extra one w LPS4 and Pulse Blue and not a single inquiry.

Haven't tried. I still use the Infinity as part of my reference comparisons when I'm testing, and the LPS4 still is in use. Cheers

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #12,159 of 13,800
Haven't tried. I still use the Infinity as part of my reference comparisons when I'm testing, and the LPS4 still is in use. Cheers

Jealous of your Liquid Gold!
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #12,160 of 13,800
Got to hear the Liquid Gold at CanJam NYC, it did sound really nice...

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #12,161 of 13,800

Liquid Carbon amazes me for the price so I can only imagine how much better the Gold is!  In my dreams.

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #12,162 of 13,800

Liquid Carbon amazes me for the price so I can only imagine how much better the Gold is!  In my dreams.

I have the LC...the Gold is just another animal entirely. Of course, it was part of a system, I believe at Mr. Speakers table, digital source Mojo Audio Mystique, and one of the Dan's Mr. Speakers Flows (forget which). Great sounding pairing.

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #12,163 of 13,800
Yeah, I had the LC for a while before getting the LAu. The LC is really a chip-off-the-block from the LAu, same house-sound and great performance per price ratio, but it's not in the same league (and price-point!) IMO. In fact I had the LC to start, then the LAu for a review, then back to the LC while my LAu was on order, then got my LAu and sold my LC. Both are great pieces of gear, but regarding the LAu (as Ferris Bueller would say) - "It's so choice - If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up"! Cheers

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #12,164 of 13,800
Yeah, I had the LC for a while before getting the LAu. The LC is really a chip-off-the-block from the LAu, same house-sound and great performance per price ratio, but it's not in the same league (and price-point!) IMO. In fact I had the LC to start, then the LAu for a review, then back to the LC while my LAu was on order, then got my LAu and sold my LC. Both are great pieces of gear, but regarding the LAu (as Ferris Bueller would say) - "It's so choice - If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up"! Cheers

Can't pick one up anytime soon.  Just moved my son back to Tampa and my daughter is getting married in July so funds are already used and accounted for.
frown.gif

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #12,165 of 13,800
Can't pick one up anytime soon.  Just moved my son back to Tampa and my daughter is getting married in July so funds are already used and accounted for.
frown.gif

Well congrats on the kids and the wedding! Sounds like a valid thing to spend money on. :wink: Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back