Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jan 21, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #12,106 of 13,800
  Wow, was considering buying a pulse.  After reading the last few pages, even if the product is excellent (Which doesn't seem to be the case) this company is awful.  Is there any redeeming feature to all this?

I wouldn't unless you're getting it at a really really good price. 

There are so many other options from more reliable companies that sound as good or better.  I'd go for any of the Schiit products... or the Emotiva DC-1.  Or anything that isn't going to have USB connectivity issues... or volume controls not working... or sync issues.

Jan 23, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #12,107 of 13,800
I emailed LHLabs´s customer happiness 10 days ago to ask about DSD 256 (yeah I know I´ve mentioned this before but I don´t understand why some guys can do this and most of us can´t) and MQA support...they´ve done a Simon & Garfunkel on me because all I´ve got is the sound of silence, is customer support still active? I know they follow the Geologic Time scale but over 10 days to answer a simple question has me wondering.

http://www.careeroverview.com/blog/2011/the-25-most-difficult-jobs-in-the-world/   I´d put LHLabs Customer Support Representative right in at number 3 before Alaskan Crab fishing 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 23, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #12,108 of 13,800
12 since my last communication, raised another ticket on Friday questioning the lack of a reply which was closed for some reason. I opened another today and this process will continue until something happens or I just charge back the repair cost and cut my losses.

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #12,109 of 13,800
I've been waiting for a bloody RMA since March of 2016.  I'm sick and tired of LHL.  I really believe this thing is a flawed design and I really doubt they even understand the root cause or really fixed this thing.  

I'm an international backer and in my experience, so called China service center/office is non-existent.  Larry/Matt/LHL, I don't know if you guys will see this since I've been keeping quiet long enough but I just sent you guys another email and I'm going to reach out to TV stations to do some investigating into your business practices.  I'm sick and tired of your constant lies.  

From missing mu-metal shields, random buzz/crashes while plugging in headphones, dropouts, USB connectivity problems since day 1, this is junk and I'm just glad it didn't kill my headphones.

I posted my initial impressions when I received this thing back in Nov.2015 and it's been a doorstop waiting for an RMA from March 2016 until now.  

LHL, I doubt you guys will survive since whatever you're doing isn't feasible from a business standpoint.

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #12,110 of 13,800
midnight update:

Hello All Pulse Backers,
We are happy to inform you that all outstanding orders have been entered into our order management system and the order for production has been placed. We still expect to complete all outstanding orders like original plan. Please go into your account and verify/update your shipping information and let us know if you have any corrections or concerns on the inputed order. Thank you again for your patience and we will keep you updated biweekly on the status of production

Thank you,

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #12,114 of 13,800

​How can you not to laugh when seeing this?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/inspire-5-huge-tv-sound-power-bass-in-new-design/x/3498741#/updates

4 months ago

Dear Backers who order the sub with sound bar,
After we sent out the pilot run examples of subwoofer, the feedbacks we got clearly let us know we need to improve few important parts. And we are working with factory for a solution.
Inspire 5 soundbar only on the other hand, got a very nice feedback. So now we are focusing on subwoofer part.
And we expect to make another update for this one within next 7 days.
Thanks a lot of your patience and will get back to you shortly.
Elemental Audio

The last time they promised bi weekly updates they all but went silent gor 6 months. Holding our breath is not advi

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #12,115 of 13,800

​How can you not to laugh when seeing this?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/inspire-5-huge-tv-sound-power-bass-in-new-design/x/3498741#/updates

4 months ago

Dear Backers who order the sub with sound bar,
After we sent out the pilot run examples of subwoofer, the feedbacks we got clearly let us know we need to improve few important parts. And we are working with factory for a solution.
Inspire 5 soundbar only on the other hand, got a very nice feedback. So now we are focusing on subwoofer part.
And we expect to make another update for this one within next 7 days.
Thanks a lot of your patience and will get back to you shortly.
Elemental Audio

Why do they keep doing this to themselves?!?

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #12,117 of 13,800
That's one of the million dollar questions. ... or, the answer is the millions of dollars amassed?

But the speaker bar and sub is something that only a handful of people pledged to, and that a ton of companies already make in that price range. Why try to compete there? And what's with the "Elemental Audio" thing? Worried that the LHL brand might drag the project down? And their website (www.elemental-audio.com) doesn't even seem to work. Ugh. Lessons need to be learned - not good to keep touching the hot stove over and over again...

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #12,118 of 13,800
  But the speaker bar and sub is something that only a handful of people pledged to, and that a ton of companies already make in that price range. Why try to compete there? And what's with the "Elemental Audio" thing? Worried that the LHL brand might drag the project down? And their website (www.elemental-audio.com) doesn't even seem to work. Ugh. Lessons need to be learned - not good to keep touching the hot stove over and over again.

I was thinking of the millions as a total from all the shenanigans combined, successful or not at bringing in money. Ugh, for sure.

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #12,119 of 13,800
  I was thinking of the millions as a total from all the shenanigans combined, successful or not at bringing in money. Ugh, for sure.

And for some reason Gavin's name came up in my LinkedIn account and here's what his tag-line under his name now says: "If I guaranteed you I could deliver you 50 **QUALIFIED** plastic surgery patients every month, would you be interested?"  What? Used to say "speaker purchaser leads" or something, but now it's plastic surgery? 
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #12,120 of 13,800
And for some reason Gavin's name came up in my LinkedIn account and here's what his tag-line under his name now says: "If I guaranteed you I could deliver you 50 **QUALIFIED** plastic surgery patients every month, would you be interested?"  What? Used to say "speaker purchaser leads" or something, but now it's plastic surgery? :confused_face(1):  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5SqDm0_GgfQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back