Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Oct 30, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #106 of 13,800

Creator Gavin Fish 1 day ago
We have several components on the drawing board which will be affordable to more folks and still have LH Labs performance. The next two we'll release will probably be a bluetooth stage and an Airplay stage (if MFI gets approved). We also have plans for a pre-amp, an amp, a phono stage, and a linear DC power supply. Geek Pulse really will be a family of products.

i kinda had a hunch there was a plan !!

Oct 30, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #107 of 13,800
  I don't think they have the room though.

A digital rotary volume control would be very appreciated now. And that would be the last thing I'd ask.

You need a way to control the volume on the chip using a rotary knob, hence some kind of encoder.
An absolute encoder (which is large and expensive) works like an analog pot with the position relating to volume
An incremental encoder would be much more likely, this would work like the up/down buttons, but with an analog interface.

Oct 30, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #108 of 13,800
Hi all, i'll side track alittle here pardon me...

This is my first time using indie gogo and I forgot to sign up  for an account before i made payment (i.e. i  just keyed in my details and Credit card number) but I made a contribution to the Super Early Bird Geek Pulse perk but forgot to add $40.00 for international shipping.

And because i forgot to sign up for an account, i can't contact Gavin to ask about it (I need to be connected to the campaign before i can email Gavin).

I wonder if i use the same details as before (same credit card number etc) to contribute $40.00 to the project, will it count towards my order as international shipping paid for?

Oct 30, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #109 of 13,800
I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but how long does the special $199 deal for the Geek Out backers last? Is it until the end of the campaign?

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #110 of 13,800

This is my first time using indie gogo and I forgot to sign up  for an account before i made payment (i.e. i  just keyed in my details and Credit card number) but I made a contribution to the Super Early Bird Geek Pulse perk but forgot to add $40.00 for international shipping.

And because i forgot to sign up for an account, i can't contact Gavin to ask about it (I need to be connected to the campaign before i can email Gavin).

I wonder if i use the same details as before (same credit card number etc) to contribute $40.00 to the project, will it count towards my order as international shipping paid for?

what about setting up your account now , and posting on the message board in indiegogo ?? or just email light harmonic directly ? gavin seems to be pretty accessible

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #111 of 13,800

I went through the same thing. By doing a pledge you already have an account. Just go to the login and follow the instructions for the forgot password process. Then contact Gavin.

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #112 of 13,800
I'm in. Hoping for rotary volume control and xlr balanced output.

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #117 of 13,800
So far an update of the many request/suggestions:

Updated Features:
  1. Gain Switch - either on PCB board or Dip Switch at the back.
  2. Two Planed Versions - RCA or mini-XLR model. (to be finalized, definitely having a balanced out)

In development:
  1. Volume Control Knob (headphone output)
  2. Display suggestions
  3. Mute output with headphone jack insertion 

@ fengwie
They have plans for a pre-amp, an amp, a phono stage, and a linear DC power supply. Geek Pulse will be a family of products.

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #118 of 13,800
Honestly, I hope they don't go with the larger desktop 9018.  It is very difficult to get to sound right and for a $500 ($249 for early backers) device this small, I would rather them use a chipset much better suited to the product and one that they already like the sound of.  There would have to be compromises somewhere.  

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #119 of 13,800
  So far an update of the many request/suggestions:

Updated Features:
  1. Gain Switch - either on PCB board or Dip Switch at the back.
  2. Two Planed Versions - RCA or mini-XLR model. (to be finalized, definitely having a balanced out)

In development:
  1. Volume Control Knob (headphone output)
  2. Display suggestions
  3. Mute output with headphone jack insertion 

@ fengwie
They have plans for a pre-amp, an amp, a phono stage, and a linear DC power supply. Geek Pulse will be a family of products.

Thanks for keeping on top of the updates!

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #120 of 13,800
  Honestly, I hope they don't go with the larger desktop 9018.  It is very difficult to get to sound right and for a $500 ($249 for early backers) device this small, I would rather them use a chipset much better suited to the product and one that they already like the sound of.  There would have to be compromises somewhere.  

+1

At $249 would rather see the portable 9018 go right than the desktop version go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back