Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Sep 26, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #11,777 of 13,800
Wow indeed, Mike!!  

It does not inspire much confidence. :frowning2:  

I cannot help to wonder what is the back story for Gavin to come back in scene like this.  I thought he had left.  How strange is an update for him!?!  And a pretty bad/disturbing one.

Sep 26, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #11,778 of 13,800
  Wow indeed, Mike!!  

It does not inspire much confidence. :frowning2:  

I cannot help to wonder what is the back story for Gavin to come back in scene like this.  I thought he had left.  How strange is an update for him!?!  And a pretty bad/disturbing one.

I guess Gavin is the "campaign owner" in the eyes of IGG, regardless of whether he works there or not. So apparently he can still post updates.

I'd also guess Gavin is owed money, not that I'm shedding any tears for him, but it stands to reason he might only be able to lay claim to any remaining funds potentially owed him after the campaign has been fully shipped/fulfilled.

But Gavin had left LH Labs some time ago, by all accounts. He now works for Audioengine I believe, and is likely nervous and ashamed to see people at RMAF given the current state of affairs at LH Labs, and rightfully so.

Sep 26, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #11,779 of 13,800
Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

(and for those of you too young to know the reference: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CVgjH_auRH4)

Sep 26, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #11,781 of 13,800
You managed to make me smile with that.

Then I poured some Canadian Club in a rocks glass... tomorrow is another day after all.

My job here is done. :smiley:

Cheers

Sep 26, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #11,782 of 13,800
It feels like Gavin hijacked the updates... And like he wants to shift all the blame for whatever mess exists on Larry. The narrative here had generally been, "good design guy Larry was misled, led down the path of unrealistic exuberance by the manipulative, over-promising Gavin. This seems to by an effort to reshape the narrative. Of course, we have no idea what really went on there, who was responsible for what. It doesn't bode well for a successful end to this saga :frowning2:

Sep 26, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #11,783 of 13,800
It feels like Gavin hijacked the updates... And like he wants to shift all the blame for whatever mess exists on Larry. The narrative here had generally been, "good design guy Larry was misled, led down the path of unrealistic exuberance by the manipulative, over-promising Gavin. This seems to by an effort to reshape the narrative. Of course, we have no idea what really went on there, who was responsible for what. It doesn't bode well for a successful end to this saga
frown.gif

Agreed, and Gavin has his immediate future with Audioengine if not his ultimate viability in the industry at stake, reshaping that narrative in the near term is in his best interest.

But Larry certainly doesn't get off scot-free here, and the lack of honest and timely updates on the Vi DAC are evidence of that. Chassis production speed discussions with the CNC vendor at this late date? I call BS.

It would appear this LH Labs debacle will not end well. 
frown.gif

Prove me wrong Larry Ho.

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #11,784 of 13,800
The Geek was my first crowd funded project. The Infinity the last. Getting something for nothing. Or at least getting it deeply discounted.
The risk of getting nothing for something was always a concern.
I am not in Adrian's position. I have a working Infinity.
I wonder if the my-metal shields are what caused the failures?

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #11,785 of 13,800
Knock on wood my XFI has been working great but now I am concerned that something will go bad sooner or later.  I am pleased with the performance but the minute something goes wrong will toss it in the trash.  And still waiting on power amps.  So tempted to sell them as soon as I get them. tired of the whole thing.

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #11,786 of 13,800
Oh boy ... not good when they start to turn on each other.  I'm not sure it can get worse.

My sincere condolences for those of you who have backed heavily into this company and are still waiting for product.

There is so much more to good business than a great idea as this soap opera of an experience clearly demonstrates.  Even if everything Gavin has said is true, you don't throw the company you help build under the bus like that.  Unless you are looking for revenge and to inflict maximum damage. Perhaps Friday's meeting started with "Where's my f'n money Larry".   While I am in no way defending Larry or the rest of the LH team, Gavin has his finger prints all over this debacle and he's nuts if he thinks he can wipe them clean by leaving the company or by his feigned concern for those of us who placed our belief and money in the two of them.  Now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop to bring this **** show to an end.  

And I was so hoping to get my LPS repaired before this day.  Oh how I could use a little "Awesomeification" right about now.

Wonder what kind of reply we'll get from LH.  

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #11,787 of 13,800
The Geek was my first crowd funded project. The Infinity the last. Getting something for nothing. Or at least getting it deeply discounted.
The risk of getting nothing for something was always a concern.
I am not in Adrian's position. I have a working Infinity.
I wonder if the my-metal shields are what caused the failures?

Crowdfunding = potentially getting nothing for something. Never thought about it quite exactly that way.

Wish that I had.

Geek Out also my first project, and possibly my last in terms of delivery, as Vi DAC and Wave seem more unlikely than ever at this juncture.

Larry Ho, prove me wrong.

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #11,789 of 13,800
  Oh boy ... not good when they start to turn on each other.  I'm not sure it can get worse.

My sincere condolences for those of you who have backed heavily into this company and are still waiting for product.

There is so much more to good business than a great idea as this soap opera of an experience clearly demonstrates.  Even if everything Gavin has said is true, you don't throw the company you help build under the bus like that.  Unless you are looking for revenge and to inflict maximum damage. Perhaps Friday's meeting started with "Where's my f'n money Larry".   While I am in no way defending Larry or the rest of the LH team, Gavin has his finger prints all over this debacle and he's nuts if he thinks he can wipe them clean by leaving the company or by his feigned concern for those of us who placed our belief and money in the two of them.  Now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop to bring this **** show to an end.  

And I was so hoping to get my LPS repaired before this day.  Oh how I could use a little "Awesomeification" right about now.

Wonder what kind of reply we'll get from LH.  

Agree. I would think Gavin looks bad on what he did. Even worse than Larry. 

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #11,790 of 13,800
Oh boy, I read the email update and immediately came here to see the reaction after not visiting this thread in ages.
I have a vanilla Pulse which I received 11 months after I backed it, about 7 months later than what was promised in the campaign. And I feel like I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm so glad I wasn't tempted to make any upgrades too...

My sincere condolences to everyone who didn't get their units. That company is a joke.

*Edit* wow, I totally used the same words as savaloco, lol. I wonder if it was subconscious suggestion after skimming this page :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back