Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Sep 20, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #11,762 of 13,800
Just want to share my positive experienc with LHlabs. I had an headphone issue on my Pulse infinity 1.0 about 3 weeks ago. It made continuous poping noise whenever my headphone was inserted. I didn't notice it previously as i was only using it as a DAC. Anyways, i opened a support ticket and after 3 days i heard from Matt. Things then went really quickly. I sent it to their Singpore support center, a new board was installed and the whole process only abt 2 weeks. Thanks Matt

Sep 20, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #11,763 of 13,800
Just want to share my positive experienc with LHlabs. I had an headphone issue on my Pulse infinity 1.0 about 3 weeks ago. It made continuous poping noise whenever my headphone was inserted. I didn't notice it previously as i was only using it as a DAC. Anyways, i opened a support ticket and after 3 days i heard from Matt. Things then went really quickly. I sent it to their Singpore support center, a new board was installed and the whole process only abt 2 weeks. Thanks Matt

I find it this to be ridiculous.  Absolutely ridiculous.  The issues I discovered when I first received this thing was last November and they're not isolated issues.  I tried to open an RMA since March 2016 and until this moment, I have not received an RMA nor have I received a response from Matt in over 2 weeks since I last inquired about this.  

What's more incredible are the fanboys still trying to defend these guys pretending that there's no problems with these things.  I have multiple units that say otherwise and from the issues I've encountered, the design is defective.  I stand by this accusation/assumption or whatever you want to call it until it can be proved otherwise.

In case anyone is wondering, I emailed support again yesterday and just now but still have no response.  I have left my direct contact number but nobody there gives a damn.  

Sep 20, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #11,764 of 13,800
LHL, if anyone is alive there, I left you guys a scathing voicemail.  I want my stuff fixed.  You have my contact and phone numbers.  When I checked the date of opening the RMA, my blood started to boil because I can't think of a reason why an RMA takes 6 months and still pending.  I've had enough of your bulls****.  

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #11,765 of 13,800
LHL, if anyone is alive there, I left you guys a scathing voicemail.  I want my stuff fixed.  You have my contact and phone numbers.  When I checked the date of opening the RMA, my blood started to boil because I can't think of a reason why an RMA takes 6 months and still pending.  I've had enough of your bulls****.  

I think yours may have fallen through the cracks. I have completed 1 RMA with them in the last 6 months and it did take about 2 weeks. Then I had to raise a dispute with my CC company to get my money back after they stopped responding to my requests for reimbursement, but what they are doing to you is beyond absurd!

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #11,766 of 13,800
I think yours may have fallen through the cracks. I have completed 1 RMA with them in the last 6 months and it did take about 2 weeks. Then I had to raise a dispute with my CC company to get my money back after they stopped responding to my requests for reimbursement, but what they are doing to you is beyond absurd!

I meant to say "refund" not "reimbursement"

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #11,767 of 13,800
I find it this to be ridiculous.  Absolutely ridiculous.  The issues I discovered when I first received this thing was last November and they're not isolated issues.  I tried to open an RMA since March 2016 and until this moment, I have not received an RMA nor have I received a response from Matt in over 2 weeks since I last inquired about this.  

What's more incredible are the fanboys still trying to defend these guys pretending that there's no problems with these things.  I have multiple units that say otherwise and from the issues I've encountered, the design is defective.  I stand by this accusation/assumption or whatever you want to call it until it can be proved otherwise.

In case anyone is wondering, I emailed support again yesterday and just now but still have no response.  I have left my direct contact number but nobody there gives a damn.  

Your bad experience is just as valid as my positive experience. No need to call me a fanboy and i am not. End of discussion

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #11,768 of 13,800
Your bad experience is just as valid as my positive experience. No need to call me a fanboy and i am not. End of discussion

hemtmaker, 

First off, my apologies as my comment was not directed at you.  I'm seriously pissed off at these guys and was calling them directly while typing.  

With that out of the way, the actual fanboys know who they are since they will defend LHL regardless.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #11,769 of 13,800
I meant to say "refund" not "reimbursement"

Honestly, I hope things worked out on your end.  I still need to deal with this BS.

Sep 21, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #11,770 of 13,800
hemtmaker, 

First off, my apologies as my comment was not directed at you.  I'm seriously pissed off at these guys and was calling them directly while typing.  

With that out of the way, the actual fanboys know who they are since they will defend LHL regardless.

No worries. I can understand your frustration. In any case, LHLab should have designed their products better in the first place, especially considering the delays.

Sep 21, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #11,771 of 13,800
Honestly, I hope things worked out on your end.  I still need to deal with this BS.

They refunded my money about a week after the credit card dispute was initiated.

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #11,772 of 13,800
My experience with the DAC repair earlier this year was actually quite good but my current LPS failure is another story.  It blew over two months ago and I've been waiting for an RMA now for over three weeks.  The only contact I've had within those three weeks was from Manny who PMd me on this site to assure me he would place my RMA request higher in the list.  That list is apparently unmanned and/or very large.  Whatever the reason the response time is unacceptable.  

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #11,773 of 13,800
hemtmaker, 

Some people have found that flashing the latest firmware can fix an otherwise non-functioning Pulse (especially due to the dreaded fail to lock on signal and no sound problem). Have you tried that?

PS I am not defending them (if you see from my posts, like 70% of them are like how frustrated I am with their annoying BS), but just a practical diagnostic query.

The failure to install mu-metal shields and then saying we void warranty if we check (even though they have a PROVEN track record of either lying or simply being wilfully blind) is also very annoying and total BS and cannot be solved by a software flash, unfortunately :frowning2:

Sep 23, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #11,774 of 13,800
Already been through the whole song and dance.  Recorded video and uploaded to dropbox for them.  They already said this crap needs an RMA but the so called China service center is a joke.  Nobody there.  

My units are in Shanghai/HK at the moment.  I'm dont feel like paying for shipping anymore.  LH needs to pickup the tab but looks like they cant finish delivering on the campaigns since they need to order/wait for more parts blah blah blah.   

Gavin is so full of crap its not even funny.  I hope you read this because I wanna give you the bird in person if I could.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back