Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Sep 27, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #11,791 of 13,800
I had some dealings with Gavin Fish in the past, in the now defunct Geek Temple. His behavior can only be described as arrogant and rude, so the fact that he is trying on purpose to harm his old firm does not surprise me at all, as a matter of fact I expected as much. BTW, good to know he works for Audioengine, I will avoid all products from that company in the future. 

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #11,793 of 13,800
  No official response from LH labs on this yet?

Not yet, and that too is puzzling.

Wouldn't you want to set the record straight, or use this as an opportunity to "come clean" in some way and provide a new honest status update on not just the Pulse, but also the now very delayed Vi DAC if you were Larry Ho?

Doesn't a delay in LHL responding/providing a rebuttal to this just make everyone think that time is being used to dream up more stories and non-truths with regard to the actual status of these projects?

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #11,795 of 13,800
Delays have been the name of the game... A quick response would be shocking!

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #11,797 of 13,800
We all have known that Gavin is a liar for years now. Can we trust anything that he says? Really !  Now even if he is reporting things that happened, he is doing it from his perspective, which we also know does not meet any criteria for reality !!

In any case, we now know that he is not only a liar, but a back stabber as well. I think we should get a couple of hundred people that go to RMAF to approach him and demand that drink... or 5. I hope his expense account will not cover it.

Sep 29, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #11,798 of 13,800
Don't worry it will be all Audioengine's tab....
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #11,799 of 13,800
Oct 7, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #11,800 of 13,800
Some positive developments for my Pulse X:

1. Used to experience random dropouts. Installed LatencyMon and found that my gigabit network driver was causing USB latency issues. Updating my network driver seem to have eliminated the audio dropouts, but I now disable my gigabit network as this is a notebook on wireless network anyways. Now, audio dropout problem solved!

2. Used to have to power cycle my Pulse X to get my notebook to handshake with my Pulse X. Was on firmware 1v5. Contacted support and was provided 2v0 firmware, which eliminated the need for power cycling but broke DSD playback. Turned out support assumed my Pulse X was a X-Fi or X-Infinity and provided me with the wrong firmware (although I repeatedly mentioned my Pulse as "Pulse X" and provided my serial number). Support finally understood my Pulse is a "Pulse X-STD" and provided the correct 2v0 firmware. Now, no more power cycling and DSD playback works!

(Recommend all Pulse users to contact support to get latest 2v0 firmware if yours is not already on 2v0. Make sure you indicate clearly the model of your Pulse, e.g. Pulse X-STD, or X-Fi or X-Infinity)

3. Used not to have mu-metal shield, even though it was from 2013 crowdfunding batch. Obtained RMA to install mu-metal shield. Luckily there is a LHLabs service center in Singapore where I am located. Service center staff responded within an hour of contacting, dropped off my Pulse X in the evening and mu-metal shield was installed and ready for collection the next morning! Kudos to the Singapore service center for fast and friendly service!

Finally, my Pulse X is fully functioning and with all components as it should have 1.5 years after it was delivered to me. While I am disappointed by all the hoops I had to jump over to finally have a reliable product, I have to say LHLabs did provide support to resolve the issues I faced with my Pulse X.

I hope I will eventually see my Geek Wave delivered...

Oct 7, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #11,801 of 13,800
I have also received good news in the form of an RMA which was issued two days ago. LH appears to be still kicking and honouring their warranty. Much relief after going AWOL for over a month and Gavin's last post.

Cheers

Oct 7, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #11,802 of 13,800
What an awful company. I got my Pulse standard after about a year and thankfully no issues with it. Still waiting on a GO V2+ which they said would ship 3 months ago. After this, I'm sure as heck never going to buy a crowdfunded product ever again. I'll wait until it actually exists and has reviews. 

Paid $400 for the Pulse and it's good for the price, but by the time it finally shipped, I could have gotten the new Schiit Jotunheim for not much more and gotten a balanced device free from sketchy Chinese vendors. 

Oct 7, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #11,803 of 13,800
  What an awful company. I got my Pulse standard after about a year and thankfully no issues with it. Still waiting on a GO V2+ which they said would ship 3 months ago. After this, I'm sure as heck never going to buy a crowdfunded product ever again. I'll wait until it actually exists and has reviews. 

Paid $400 for the Pulse and it's good for the price, but by the time it finally shipped, I could have gotten the new Schiit Jotunheim for not much more and gotten a balanced device free from sketchy Chinese vendors. 

Yes, the delay sucked but you do realize that the Jotunheim is only a headamp/preamp and not a DAC, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back