Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 25, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #917 of 13,800
  OMG can I vote somewhere? that looks even better... and i just bought one, with all the bells and whistles ... Darn-it :p

I don't know of any formal votes. Most of the design ideas are being submitted in a thread over on lhlabs.com. Larry and his team have the final say, but I love that they're willing to take our suggestions into consideration when designing the final enclosure. The design above is from a fellow named Vitto and I absolutely love it. Simple, elegant, informative. No disrespect to m-i-c-k-e-y's designs as I like them too. But so far this is my favorite. A lot more of the recent stuff I think is almost too minimalistic.

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #918 of 13,800
Here is a proto-type image from one of the lhlabs forum members. I don't know how much/if any of this will be adopted by LH but it's looking great.

They should take some of the ideas from Mickey that were posted earlier. Some of them were simply stunning.

I concur.

I tried looking through the design thread on the Light Harmonic forums, but they don't have a convenient carousel like Head-Fi for images posted in the thread. XD

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #919 of 13,800
  The Pulse will be connected to a raspberry pi for music und movie streaming through my NAS but I don't really have money for any upgrades. What do you think? The normal Pulse should be a "no brainer" and should be sufficient for a stereo system without high end speakers.

Connecting a Raspberry Pi for NAS streaming is also my plan: Wi-fi to access NAS and Bluetooth connection to control the play from my phone.
As I never used a R.Pi before (but having one on my way just after Christmas), do you have any link to guides on how to setup this solution ? Thanks

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #920 of 13,800
I'm about to bite the bullet on the linear power supply. Is there any reason why someone would want the LPS4 over the original one? The down-payments seem like a nice option, but at the same time, I probably won't use the LPS4 as the LPS4.

And whenever I see that I think L-something (lame?) PlayStation 4.

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #921 of 13,800
I'm about to bite the bullet on the linear power supply. Is there any reason why someone would want the LPS4 over the original one? The down-payments seem like a nice option, but at the same time, I probably won't use the LPS4 as the LPS4.

And whenever I see that I think L-something (lame?) PlayStation 4.

The reason to get the LPS4 is if you're planning to power multiple devices like the Geek Blue, Geek Air and Geek Phono off the LPS in addition to the Pulse. I'm not getting either streamer and I don't have a vinyl collection so I snagged the single LPS myself.

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #922 of 13,800
Yep, Vitto's are swell. I'm good at computers but an artist?

Sorry if I'm not posting some designs. I'm in a place far from technology right now. ^_^ But I did post my last set @ LH Labs before going. Will post here tomorrow, when I can have a computer.

NEWS: For those who wants the "$1 Million Upgrade Now" perk of $88 better do it now. It will be $99 after when we hit $1M mark (active upgrade).

Background: LH Labs promised a "passive" upgrade on all Geek Pulse when we hit $1M. The $88 Upgrade promises on a "Passive Upgrade" Now and an instant "Active Upgrade" AFTER we hit the $1M mark.

Larry wanted to share this "Active Upgrade" to everybody but wanted to reward those who opted to support early. Hence the $11 difference.

Happy Holidays!

Dec 26, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #924 of 13,800

Connecting a Raspberry Pi for NAS streaming is also my plan: Wi-fi to access NAS and Bluetooth connection to control the play from my phone.
As I never used a R.Pi before (but having one on my way just after Christmas), do you have any link to guides on how to setup this solution ? Thanks

I will use XBMC on my Pi http://mymediaexperience.com/raspberry-pi-xbmc-with-raspbmc/
There are tons of tutorials, haven't decided yet which OS to use. I'll try different ones and keep the system I like.

Dec 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #925 of 13,800

Better OpAmps AD797,OP827,LME49990 etc. and corresponding upgrades on the "ac
tive" pati.

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #926 of 13,800
we've hit the million !! wow           
L3000.gif

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #928 of 13,800
$1,001,997USD
Raised of $38,000 Goal
41 hours left

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #930 of 13,800
Congrats to all of us for spending a massive amount of money. Now it is LH's turn to wow us. Around $1.5 million in USD from Geek Out and Geek Pulse campaigns should give them plenty of cash to get the initial batch of products out to us.

I'm hoping for some game changing, top of its class product quality. Make it happen :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back