Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #888 of 13,800
Wait, what the heck just happened? The perks have been reset......so does that mean I have to re-pledge for things that I already paid for?

And 23 pledge tiers...holy cow that's a lot, not to mention confusing even for me to take in.

You don't have to replegde. Gavin just set up new ones to make it look cleaner. Your data is still in the data bank and backed up.

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #889 of 13,800
I'm in! Got the first Geek Pulse X f!
Plus Instant $1M Upgrade plus LPS...

Two questions:
1. Do you still get the standard wall wart(?) PSU even though you also bought LPS? I really hope so since I'm planning to use it when travelling.
2. What will Geek Pulse weigh?

I hope Gavin will be at the next Stockholm High-End show so I can talk to him. Last time I didn't know who he was, I just told him that the room with the Da Vinci DAC and the room with the Wavelit speakers had the best sound on the show.

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #890 of 13,800
  I'm in! Got the first Geek Pulse X f!
Plus Instant $1M Upgrade plus LPS...

Two questions:
1. Do you still get the standard wall wart(?) PSU even though you also bought LPS? I really hope so since I'm planning to use it when travelling.
2. What will Geek Pulse weigh?

I hope Gavin will be at the next Stockholm High-End show so I can talk to him. Last time I didn't know who he was, I just told him that the room with the Da Vinci DAC and the room with the Wavelit speakers had the best sound on the show.

Yes, you get the standard SMPS (switch mode power supply) wall wart as well as the LPS, which is handy if you decide you want to take the Pulse 'on the road' with you. As for the weight of the Pulse, that's not yet determined. The design is not yet finalized. If you're not already a member of the 'Geek Force' go sign up at LHLabs.com and you too can have your input on the final design. It's getting close, but Larry Ho (the lead engineer) is amazingly open to suggestions.

Dale

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #891 of 13,800
  Do we know if both the balanced and unbalanced sides of the X will use the femto clocks? I don't know enough about this sorta hardware to know if that's easy and expected or complicated and more expensive/etc.

Clocks are used to time the digital signal for the DAC chip. That has nothing to do with the balanced output, which is analogue.

Dec 24, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #892 of 13,800
I must be thick but I how do you choose more then 1 perk? I want to upgrade to S with Femto clock. 
confused.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #898 of 13,800
Any guesses on whether this will be better than Audio GD NFB 11.32? It seems like the price, specs on the amp, and the DAC chip are similar.

The dac is not exactly the same. The Audio NFB 11.32 use the desktop version.
The Geek use the mobile version, and with upgrade to Geek Pulse S or X, you will have dual dac chip.

Here's the specs of each Geek available.

Dec 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #899 of 13,800
  Cheers but that can't be right, surely. 
I am incredibly lazy so I won't bother but I would feel terrible it they miss their $1M target by $200, just because of me. 
biggrin.gif

That's correct - I've contributed 7 times for all the perks I want...

Dale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back