Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 13, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #631 of 13,800
I feel like the original pulse I ordered is becoming an inferior product now. I thought we were getting a great deal with the pulse. Has this become a game to see how much money can be raised or to bank as much as possible from the backers? Don't want to sound negative or make accusations but this is almost getting out of hand. Can Larry or anyone with a good knowledge base explain the increments with these upgrades? I just want an amp/dac to use with my computer with my headphones and have it sound good. I don't really care about the X version or power cable but the new clock has my interest but I have no clue if I really need it.

This is what Gavin was saying in the LH forum. He doesn't wan't to be misunderstood as taking advantage of us. And he appealed for us to be prudent/wise on our contributions.  

Lets remember its all backer driven thing. Just like the polls we set up at the start. 

A lot made requests (and some...) and they have accommodated.

For these we had options (If we NEED to).

Its not that the original product is inferior (Larry's goal for it is to be best in its class), some of us just wanted more.

Even them (on the LH forum) they (Larry/Gavin) are telling us there's no pressure/if we really need it, sort of thing. 

Cheers!

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #632 of 13,800
After all of those upgrade and perk, I think I'll pass...you must have a golden ear to hear the different with the clock upgrade....
And I believe most of us don't have that kind of ears anyway, still...sell like hotcakes

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #633 of 13,800
Yep, glad we have options.

You could combine depending on your needs.

Pulse only, Pulse + Clock, Pulse - X + LPS etc.

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #635 of 13,800
Arrgh couldn't resist - Geek Pulse X Femto it is!

With all this commotion, was a decision ever made regarding the ES9018 desktop chip?

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #636 of 13,800
Arrgh couldn't resist - Geek Pulse X Femto it is!

With all this commotion, was a decision ever made regarding the ES9018 desktop chip?

It sounds like they are sticking with the 9018K2M version for a long time...this and any future products. I think they are preferring the sound "character" of it over the desktop version. 

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #637 of 13,800
Larry made a comment (in the LH forum) that it's funny. On his tests, with some tweaks, on his opinion, the mobile version sounds better than the desktop version.

That is why, it was not changed. In fact, as Zoo has stated, expect future products on this chip.

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #638 of 13,800
This is what Gavin was saying in the LH forum. He doesn't wan't to be misunderstood as taking advantage of us. And he appealed for us to be prudent/wise on our contributions.  

Lets remember its all backer driven thing. Just like the polls we set up at the start. 

A lot made requests (and some...) and they have accommodated.

For these we had options (If we NEED to).

Its not that the original product is inferior (Larry's goal for it is to be best in its class), some of us just wanted more.

Even them (on the LH forum) they (Larry/Gavin) are telling us there's no pressure/if we really need it, sort of thing. 

Cheers!

Thanks m-i-c-k-e-y

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #639 of 13,800
I went from a Super Duper Geek Out and standard Geek Pulse, to a Geek Pulse X with Femto and LPS upgrades right at the last minute. How did they know I can't resist a good limited time deal?

I handled my end dropping about $1,000+ in backing, now it is up to them to deliver audio bliss. If they can get it to compete with $1.500+ level dac/amps, we are getting a heck of a deal for early backing, and they'll be getting massive praise. I can even use the LPS for my other DACs, which was the deciding factor for me.

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #641 of 13,800
Maybe I can get an answer here...

Is it normal for me to have only been charged $7 for the black friday deal "GFOX"? Are they going to charge me the remaining sum after the campaign is over? I backed the Geek Out + Pulse Bundle when this campaign initial started, and became a Geek Force member when the deals came up during black friday. I should be good to go, correct? 

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #642 of 13,800
  Maybe I can get an answer here...

Is it normal for me to have only been charged $7 for the black friday deal "GFOX"? Are they going to charge me the remaining sum after the campaign is over? I backed the Geek Out + Pulse Bundle when this campaign initial started, and became a Geek Force member when the deals came up during black friday. I should be good to go, correct? 

You should have added the full value of the item. So since you went with the GOFX then they wanted a full pledge of $299, not the $7 that's there. I think the reason they did that was to know who read the posts as a Geek Force member. I would email them and ask, but I think you'd be fine just adding the additional $292 to your pledge.

I think he GFOX was $299, you'll want to confirm that. It was posted a couple pages back in this thread.

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #643 of 13,800

You should have added the full value of the item. So since you went with the GOFX then they wanted a full pledge of $299, not the $7 that's there. I think the reason they did that was to know who read the posts as a Geek Force member. I would email them and ask, but I think you'd be fine just adding the additional $292 to your pledge.

I think he GFOX was $299, you'll want to confirm that. It was posted a couple pages back in this thread.

Ugh, alright I'll email them to confirm. Thanks!

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #644 of 13,800
  After watching these upgrades came out for a while, I realized that the people who made these upgrades have good knowledge about what they are getting, and they are true innovators/ very early adapters who willing to spend the money for the unknown. So the logic of performance for the money won't apply to them, give them a break people 
redface.gif

The final specs for the Pulse has not yet been finalized, and the process of building a product is a mess anyway. It's a good thing that LH team listen to us, consumer have the voice to make it a better product, and fit our needs. Just wait until they are official for the mass market, I believe there will be only the Pulse and Pulse X.

After watching these upgrades came out for a while, I realized that the people who made these upgrades have good knowledge about what they are getting, and they are true innovators/ very early adapters who willing to spend the money for the unknown. So the logic of performance for the money won't apply to them, give them a break people 
redface.gif

The final specs for the Pulse has not yet been finalized, and the process of building a product is a mess anyway. It's a good thing that LH team listen to us, consumer have the voice to make it a better product, and fit our needs. Just wait until they are official for the mass market, I believe there will be only the Pulse and Pulse X.

redface.gif

Yes. You are right.

We will keep some key upgrades as Indiegogo or Geek Force only. And go to mass market in Geek Pulse and Geek Pulse X.

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #645 of 13,800
Any time, Greed.

The Part Time Audiophile article was a neat quick read. It doesn't really touch on how the sound is improved in the end much with the clock upgrade, but it's certainly enthusiastic about it. I pledged with the reasoning that a clock isn't something that can be upgraded easily after the product is manufactured. Adding an LPS or the Blue are as simple as ordering and waiting for it to arrive. At least at this point I'm confident that I got the one upgrade I should during the campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back