Gauging your interest in obtaining the Grado PS-1...
Apr 13, 2004 at 5:13 AM Post #46 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by superjohnny
Am I the only person who surfs these forums who wouldn't even consider spending $1,400 on ANY pair of headphones?

That's just absurd to me, but diffn't strokes...

I said the same thing, and then I saw a heads up on a used R10 for sale here..........
r10smile.gif

-Ed

Apr 13, 2004 at 5:53 AM Post #47 of 56
8 ordered already and 3 will order soon? wow, and I thought I would belong to a small team of PS-1 head-fi members like the L3000 and other AT cans.
evil_smiley.gif
how many are going to be made in total, and do they have serial numbers?

Apr 13, 2004 at 9:37 AM Post #48 of 56
I've ordered,at least if I don't like them I should be able to sell them easily
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2004 at 7:01 AM Post #49 of 56
anyone else ordering a PS-1? i'm bored and want to know.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2004 at 7:28 AM Post #50 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by Rob N
biggrin.gif

With three about to buy a pair, and 17 more who would buy a pair for under $1400 you shouldn't have a problem, even if it incurs a slight loss.
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2004 at 12:42 PM Post #51 of 56
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Very little chance of that. The PS-1 has been getting better over the past week and a half. The R10 is the only one of my headphones that compares to it qualitatively, but they're so different in sound that I'm not sure how meaningful a comparison would be.

Apr 15, 2004 at 2:59 PM Post #52 of 56
Quote:

biggrin.gif

You can prob sell it for more then you payed for it. I'd rather pay extra and get overnight then have to wait a couple months lol.

Apr 15, 2004 at 4:59 PM Post #53 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by Chefguru
You can prob sell it for more then you payed for it. I'd rather pay extra and get overnight then have to wait a couple months lol.

actually, I would too... but so far only four or so members have it in their hands and I would bet none of them would want to sell it off so fast. there was a PS-1 in the FS thread for $950 a while ago, I wish I got in on that.
smily_headphones1.gif
very nice price.

Apr 15, 2004 at 5:48 PM Post #54 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by ayt999
actually, I would too... but so far only four or so members have it in their hands and I would bet none of them would want to sell it off so fast. there was a PS-1 in the FS thread for $950 a while ago, I wish I got in on that.
smily_headphones1.gif
very nice price.

Nik sold his,I believe for $1000 on Head Fi.I think it sold in about 10 minutes or something similar.

Apr 15, 2004 at 6:09 PM Post #55 of 56
ya, it was $1000... don't know where the $950 came from.
tongue.gif

Apr 15, 2004 at 6:16 PM Post #56 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
Very little chance of that. The PS-1 has been getting better over the past week and a half. The R10 is the only one of my headphones that compares to it qualitatively, but they're so different in sound that I'm not sure how meaningful a comparison would be.

This is going to be very interesting matching the PS-1 up with the Gilmore Balanced. I've had two nagging concerns about the HP-1s, the first is the high end being somewhat rolled off and the second being the amount of detail seemed lower than I would like to hear. With the Gilmore Balanced both of these problems have been addressed to some extent. The high end doesn't extend forever but it's pretty nice. The detail is far and away the best I've heard out of the HP-1 and is good enough that I have been kicking myself for my earlier shortsightedness. Assuming the PS-1 improves on these areas in the manner you and Nik have suggested it's should be rather amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back