Gas Prices: How high is it for you?
May 12, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #16 of 120
$2.85 or so for regular around here FWIW

May 12, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #17 of 120
$3.40 last time I filled up.
frown.gif

I really wouldn't mind walking/biking more except CA (and America) in general is set up in such a way that you HAVE to drive. If I were to walk to school I probably get hit by a car or die of heat stroke by the third mile.
mad.gif

May 12, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #18 of 120
Instead of just talking about gas price numbers, why don't we widen the thread topic? Does anyone find current gas prices affecting them? In what way? Have you adjusted your lifestyle any, considered purchasing a different vehicle next time, or done something else?

May 12, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #19 of 120
Currently I'm on the island of Lanai for work where is there is only one gas station serving the entire island (Lanai is quite small compared to the other Hawaiian islands). Gas get delivered to Lanai by barge from Honolulu and the only gas station on Lanai in Lanai City has set their gas price this week for a gallon of regular at $4.56 a gallon.

May 12, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #20 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole.
wink.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Excellent idea mate.

Gas prices around Reno are hovering just above $3 (I take the bus everywhere so I don't really pay attention). In Hawaii however, they're hovering at around $3.30-3.50 last time I checked. Which was admittedly awhile ago.

EDIT: Lanai is tiny compared to Kauai, which is tiny compared to Oahu (gas on Oahu isn't so bad I heard).

Warubozu: You only have one gas station in Lanai? Man... I thought the island was a BIT bigger than that. Do they still do a lot of pineapple there? I haven't heard much about Lanai lately...

EDIT 2: And yes gas prices in Europe/Asia suck. Though if they were that high here maybe it might force automakers to make their cars more fuel efficient...

May 12, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #21 of 120
2.72 in Utah

May 12, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #23 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
NOBODY in the USA has the right to complain about petrol prices. We are getting closer and closer to the £1 per LITRE here in the UK.

Even more for diesel.

Yeah, and you use two cilinder diesel cars there!!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 12, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #25 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
$2.87 in NJ

Where in NJ???? Her is from 2.99 to 3.15.....

May 12, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #26 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naris
Warubozu: You only have one gas station in Lanai? Man... I thought the island was a BIT bigger than that. Do they still do a lot of pineapple there? I haven't heard much about Lanai lately...

Yes, there is only one gas station on Lanai and yes they do still have a lot of pineapple here. Lanai's community is quite small, the entire island has only 47 miles of paved roads and Lanai City is only a few block wide. It's a really laid back atmosphere and a beautiful island especially if you want to get away from the busy life.

Gas prices are high on Oahu (typically between $3.30 to $3.40 for a gallon of regular this week) although not as high as the outer islands since the Hawaiian island's only oil refineries are located there. Hawaii still pays the highest whole gas prices in the nation and has held that distinction for years and continue to do so.

May 12, 2006 at 2:25 AM Post #28 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Yeah, and you use two cilinder diesel cars there!!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

You don't watch Top Gear, do you?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Does anyone know how the prices are in SC? I'll be back home this summer..
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #30 of 120
Filled up today for $3.09 in Ellicott City, MD. Damn Mustang is a gas hog
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back