Gaming roundup: Beyerdynamic DT150 vs. DT250 vs. DT770pro.
Jul 19, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #16 of 18
Creative aurvana live, got one today. I have ad700's and bought creatives just because i wanted more immersion like you, and BASS for music and movies. I find it sounding great on music and gaming too, positioning works nicely with dolby headphone

Jul 19, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #17 of 18
yeah, might as well go for the ad700's since you're plugging it into your crappy pc sound-card. Good bang for the buck, but lacks that immersive bass shaking life-like experience.  I'd only recommend the beyer line if you give them sufficient amping.

Jul 19, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #18 of 18

Quote:
If you're lucky, you'll be happy with the 80 ohm 150's straight out of your soundcard.

Is there such a thing as a 80 ohm DT150? i have only found the 250ohm version.

I dont have a soundcard, and cant really afford one now, thats why i fear that maybe a pair of 120€ cans will sound the same or worst than a 70€ 32ohms cans. I would not mind overkill if it was free =)

Quote:
Jani said:

Creative aurvana live, got one today. I have ad700's and bought creatives just because i wanted more immersion like you, and BASS for music and movies. I find it sounding great on music and gaming too, positioning works nicely with dolby headphone

Copy. Its the second recommendation i get for the CALs, i'll start to read some reviews. Do they sound better than the ad700?

About dolby headphone, do i need any special piece of hardware to run that?

Also, do u have them plugged onboard or do you listen to the cals in through any other device? (soundcards, etC)

EDIT: I just settled and ordered the CALs, funnily enough i just found the cheapest price on the very creative site (in Spain, that is 69'99€+free shipping, they must be celebrating something). Thought it may be some kind of god trying to give me a signal, or maybe my roommates tired of me wasting broadband in headphone forums ^^

I just hope i have made a good pick. The DT150s will have to wait.

Anyways, the questions stand, thats some nice information you have there =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back