Games soundtracks: anyone listens to them?
Dec 1, 2002 at 1:55 AM Post #31 of 104
Wow, where can I get that Lucasarts soundtrack CD? Monkey Island 1, 2 and 3 had great soundtracks!
Andrew

Dec 1, 2002 at 2:13 AM Post #32 of 104
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
they are rather expensive.

yeah, some of them are pretty expensive
frown.gif

Dec 1, 2002 at 7:59 AM Post #33 of 104
Quote:

Originally posted by kin3tix
yeah, some of them are pretty expensive
frown.gif

Try www.soundtrackcentral.com

Click on marketplace, there's people always selling off their soundtracks.

Dec 1, 2002 at 6:52 PM Post #34 of 104
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin

- American McGee's Alice (terribly under-appreciated, this is great ambient stuff)

Agreed! Chris Vrenna (of Nine Inch Nails fame) did an excellent job...

The Red Alert series of games also has some spectacular music.

Dec 2, 2002 at 4:59 AM Post #36 of 104
FF I was both too difficult and just wrong. Earthbound, now there was an RPG. Almost certainly created in spurts of drug induced dreams.

Secret of Mana, another gem on the SNES and had decent music if I remember right.

And gloco you are the only person I've ever heard of who has had camera issues to the point of disliking the game with Xenogears. In light of this, I'm not sure you are a real person.

Ahh, and how could I forget Super Mario RPG. Was that not the coolest RPG of it's time?

Dec 2, 2002 at 5:37 AM Post #37 of 104
Quote:

Originally posted by Mallow005
FF I was both too difficult and just wrong. Earthbound, now there was an RPG. Almost certainly created in spurts of drug induced dreams.

Secret of Mana, another gem on the SNES and had decent music if I remember right.

And gloco you are the only person I've ever heard of who has had camera issues to the point of disliking the game with Xenogears. In light of this, I'm not sure you are a real person.

Ahh, and how could I forget Super Mario RPG. Was that not the coolest RPG of it's time?

LMAO. Maybe i'm just picky and prefer "great" RPG's over half decent ones.
very_evil_smiley.gif

As for FF I, the game is a marvel, i didn't find it too hard...maybe you prefer wimpy RPG's that hold your hand through the game. To be quite honest, if you found it difficult, that tells me a lot of the skills you possess
very_evil_smiley.gif

Xenogears was a pos, beyond me why anyone likes it, simply one of the worst titles i played. Besides the bad camera angles, the storyline was pretty lame and the game itself is highly overrated. Better off never wasting my time with that log again.

Dec 2, 2002 at 5:38 AM Post #38 of 104
Oh! Jus thought of two games that deserve a mention:

Landstalker (Genesis)
Shadowrun (SNES)

Both of these titles had great tunes as well as a great storyline and tons of hours of enjoyment.

Dec 2, 2002 at 8:55 AM Post #39 of 104
I'm sure FF I wouldn't be hard if I actually kept playing it, but it sucked too much. I tried it out when I was very young and the only exposure to RPGs was watching my friend play FFIV. Yes, I guess that really does tell you somthing about my "skills" back then.

Hmm, do I like RPGs that hold my hand? Not exactly sure which ones don't really. I did enjoy Lufia II though, and that is one mofoing hard RPG (puzzles). Both FFVI and FFV are extremely easy, but you apparently like them too.
rolleyes.gif

Oh yeah, and you only played through 15 hours of Xenogears? What disk were you on? The story really comes together towards the end, otherwise you don't know What is going on (or what you think you know is wrong). But I'm sure that nothing I say will change your mind, you just have to play through it all.

Dec 2, 2002 at 6:09 PM Post #40 of 104
Quote:

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Sometimes when I'm stoned I love listening to the pacman sound... it's not hi-fi but it sure is weird.

Pinkie

There are a plethora of Pac-man remixes out there. My brother picked up a Pac-man cocktail arcade machine about 2 years ago, and ever since he's gone pac-crazy... some of the songs in his pac-man collection are pretty cool (albeit bizarre).

Another strange conglomoration of sound is Q*Bert. Just thinking about some of the sounds the characters make is enough to send chills up and down my spine.

Dec 3, 2002 at 3:28 AM Post #42 of 104
Quote:

Originally posted by Mallow005
I'm sure FF I wouldn't be hard if I actually kept playing it, but it sucked too much. I tried it out when I was very young and the only exposure to RPGs was watching my friend play FFIV. Yes, I guess that really does tell you somthing about my "skills" back then.

Hmm, do I like RPGs that hold my hand? Not exactly sure which ones don't really. I did enjoy Lufia II though, and that is one mofoing hard RPG (puzzles). Both FFVI and FFV are extremely easy, but you apparently like them too.
rolleyes.gif

Oh yeah, and you only played through 15 hours of Xenogears? What disk were you on? The story really comes together towards the end, otherwise you don't know What is going on (or what you think you know is wrong). But I'm sure that nothing I say will change your mind, you just have to play through it all.

Ok, some points:

1. FFV and VI are not extremely easy...far from it. FFV has its hard points, i would know, i'm playing thru it right now. VI speaks volumes for itself.

2. If i need to play thru a whole game for the storyline to come together in the last hour, what does that tell you about the game? Not much. Sounds like a poorly laid out storyline.

3. FF I is simply a great title, to brand a game like that as "sucked to much" it really tells me a lot about your tastes. Does it suck because you found it too difficult? I thought the difficulty setting was perfect. Lufia? LOL...

It's obvious that you have no clue what your talking about...if you think FFI was too difficult then you state Lufia II was hard too...doesn't make sense.

Dec 3, 2002 at 4:25 AM Post #43 of 104
Hmmm, I need to go back and play FF I again. Because my experiences have that as being really tough, and pretty much all other rpgs that I've played (FF and otherwise) ranged from easy to somewhat challenging. I dunno, maybe I was too impatient back then to spend enough time levelling up. It was the only FF where I didn't try and max out the levels...
confused.gif

Dec 3, 2002 at 5:41 AM Post #44 of 104
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
Hmmm, I need to go back and play FF I again. Because my experiences have that as being really tough, and pretty much all other rpgs that I've played (FF and otherwise) ranged from easy to somewhat challenging. I dunno, maybe I was too impatient back then to spend enough time levelling up. It was the only FF where I didn't try and max out the levels...
confused.gif

That may have something to do with it. Although i did have a friend go thru that cave with the wizards (chapter 3?) at level 4 and make it out alive. I usually head over there when i'm at level 8. Also, it really depends on what type of guys you choose. I also used a fighter, black belt, white mage and black mage. Works out well for me every time. The max level is 50 from what i recall, not too tough to achieve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back