Games soundtracks: anyone listens to them?
Jul 4, 2003 at 7:55 AM Post #76 of 104
Ah yes, Panzer Dragoon...Yo****aka Azuma handled the soundtrack to the first one, which was quite good.

I get the feeling I've heard more video game soundtracks than everyone here combined. My favorite video game soundtracks would probably be:

Soukaigi OST (Hiroki Kikuta)
Ys III (Sound Team JDK)
Castlevania - SotN (Michiru Yamane)
Final Fantasy VI (Nobuo Uematsu)
Silent Hill 1-3 OSTs (Akira Yamaoka...my god of VGM)
Gungage OST (Sota Fujimori, Michiru Yamane)
SaGa Frontier 2 (Masashi Hamauzu)

Jul 4, 2003 at 10:27 PM Post #78 of 104
Quote:

Originally posted by strohmie
I get the feeling I've heard more video game soundtracks than everyone here combined. My favorite video game soundtracks would probably be:

Soukaigi OST (Hiroki Kikuta)
Ys III (Sound Team JDK)
Castlevania - SotN (Michiru Yamane)
Final Fantasy VI (Nobuo Uematsu)
Silent Hill 1-3 OSTs (Akira Yamaoka...my god of VGM)
Gungage OST (Sota Fujimori, Michiru Yamane)
SaGa Frontier 2 (Masashi Hamauzu)

Cool, i actually picked up the Y's 3 PC engine cd rom because the music is redbooked
600smile.gif

Jul 4, 2003 at 10:49 PM Post #79 of 104
The redbook audio is absurdly good...the Ys IV Perfect Collections are incredible too, but quite rare and expensive.

Jul 4, 2003 at 11:07 PM Post #80 of 104
Quote:

Originally posted by strohmie
The redbook audio is absurdly good...the Ys IV Perfect Collections are incredible too, but quite rare and expensive.

Indeed, i wasn't expecting much but was floored with how well the soundtrack was recorded, probably one of my favorite cds i've ever bought, used or new.

Jul 12, 2005 at 9:57 AM Post #83 of 104
Ohhh Wow, the Mail Man just delivered my Final Fantasy VII Piano collection. It's as good as everyone said it was. Just as good as or better than Final Fantasy X Piano collection. These are great piano recordings. Very exciting and vibrant!

Thread revitalized by Usagi....................

Jul 16, 2005 at 12:18 PM Post #86 of 104
He left sometime end of last year or beginning of this year so that he could focus on his band.

His involvement in Final Fantasy has tailed off lots since FF8 anyway. What a shame. Going to miss his music.

Aug 13, 2005 at 11:45 PM Post #90 of 104
A friend told me about these the other day, they're mostly excellent (especially if you've played the SNES original)

http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-d...tionid=xoc_SMW

Thanks for the earlier links to sites about videogames remixes, don't know if these were listed on there but i thought i'd tell you guys about them anyways..

On top of that you've got the fairly famous (in gaming circles) video that's also worth a look.. and shock is still online

http://www.ikaruga.co.uk/files/temp/...%20(Video).mpg

ENJOY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back