FX-Audio DAC-X6 2016 Release; potential sub-$100 king?
Mar 17, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #136 of 227
Thank you Eujin, you are correct for the difficult of finding "before" "after" sound... For now I will ceep this configuration.. In the futureI might take your advice and change some off these capacitors for a bit bigger ones as you did. And for the record i could notfind any schematic eather... At least we know with upgrading capacitors the device will live longer than with the cheap and probably fake original capacitors

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #142 of 227
Hello there.
My X6 arrives today, will test it when I get home at night.

Saw you guys changing the inside components, can you tell me the reason?
Also, the power source that comes with it is very bad isn't it? 

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #143 of 227
  Hello there.

did you ordered from AE?im about to buy one too. Can you let me know what you think? first impressions :) 
they tinkering with capacitors for better sound maybe lowering noise.

Apr 11, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #144 of 227
Hello there.

The power sopply works... But if you ask me it isso badly made that I personaly do not feel comfortable to keep it plugged all the time for safety reasons.... The inside "branded" capacitora are fake in my opinion so that is why I replaced mine... I do believe it sounds cleaner now...but that might be placebo lol. The operational amplifier I changed because I wanted more warm sound... So in general thats it from me :) if you have a place where you can get good quality capacitors and like DIY jobs... It is fun upgrade. :)

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #145 of 227
Is it normal to not like the sound of this? Like, this is the second CS4398 that I don't like. First it was the Xduoo X3, now this.
Srsly, I like my mobo sound more than this...

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #146 of 227
Depending on your speaker setup, you might find it bright sounding... My speakers are very warm sounding and I still replaced the opamp with OPA2604 to make it sound warm... I do think that makes more difference than the DAC chip itself.

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #147 of 227
Forgot to ask you are talking about the dac or the headphone amp? I dont like the headphone amp part... I have one of these mini usb dacs with PCM2704 chip inside.... For headphones it sounds much better in my opinion

Apr 17, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #148 of 227
Well, I didn't like it that much and got it in cheap price so sold it for profit haha
Will look for something that sounds different to pair with my little dot mk ii (which I will put my hands in 2 weeks)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back