Futuresonics Atrio M5
Mar 19, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #2,267 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by musik_lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why exactly? The sound is better? Louder? What exactly makes you say that?

I ask because my iPod Video is about to die for good so I'm in the market for something new that will work best with m new M5's.

It has a cleaner and slightly colder sound that pairs with the Atrio nicely.

Apr 16, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #2,268 of 2,359
I've had some Futuresonics Atrios for about 3 months now. Initially I tried the silicone ear tips, but didn't think any of the sizes were much good so I've been using the supplied foamies since then. I decided to try the silicone tips again the other day as I was finding the foamies uncomfortable. Well, glad I did as the large ones seem to fit great and I'm now loving these IEMs again, absolutely amazing with bassy electronic stuff!

How do these compare to say senn IE8 or denons C710?

Jun 23, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #2,270 of 2,359
What size? I might have an extra one I never use that you could have for the cost of postage.

Jul 15, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #2,271 of 2,359
anyone no info on the version 3?

Oct 11, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #2,273 of 2,359
[size=10pt]Good Morning Josh,[/size]
[size=10pt]Yes, Future Sonics will soon be ready to ship the next run of Atrios® Professional Earphones that will feature updated Eco-Friendly packaging as well as our New mg7™ 10mm Dynamic Drivers. They should be available within the next few weeks & you will absolutely be able to send your damaged Atrios® back to Future Sonics for 50% OFF Retail on a New set of Atrios® m5’s.[/size]

[size=10pt]Feel free to check back periodically for updated info.[/size]

[size=10pt]Mine aren't broken and i love them. Guess if i don't like the new ones i can sell them and get another set of old ones.[/size]

Oct 26, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #2,274 of 2,359
Anyone know if the v3's are out yet or if we'll be able to trade in v2's for them (+ cash?)

Also, a quick plug for Future Sonics...I had Atrio v1's that split at the base where the memory wires inserted about 8 months after purchase, and they replaced them with v2's at no charge.  Great company...that experience is partly why I'm excited about the v3's!!

Oct 26, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #2,275 of 2,359

Quote:
Anyone know if the v3's are out yet or if we'll be able to trade in v2's for them (+ cash?)

Also, a quick plug for Future Sonics...I had Atrio v1's that split at the base where the memory wires inserted about 8 months after purchase, and they replaced them with v2's at no charge.  Great company...that experience is partly why I'm excited about the v3's!!

Yes! I just spoke today with the owner of Future Sonics (it was a bit cheeky on my part) to get the straight dope on things. Mr. Garcia, was very nice.

It turns out that the green recyclable packaging for the new mg7 driver Atrios held things up for quite some time. As we speak, however, the new shipment of Atrios are "on a truck somewhere" en route to Future Sonics. So, they are literally days away from being available!

I'll just paste the other news:

Further, the mg6 Ear Monitors have been out for a bit... And, as is their usual policy, Future Sonics asked for feedback. They took note of what performers and high-end "prosumers" wanted and changed a few things. Now the Mg6pro custom Ear Monitors will be out soon.

And FS will be offering a new custom dynamic in ear monitor as well! They will be doing a 10mm driver custom (similar but a bit different than the mg7 10mm driver in the Atrios) to go with their 13mm Mg6pro. The 10mm driver custom iem will sell for $698 and the 13mm Mg6pro remains at $898.

Apparently, Future Sonics has created a new consumer division to lay the proper groundwork for expansion. We'll be hearing more from them soon! And samples of their mg7 Atrios have already gone out to CNET and some other reviewers.

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #2,276 of 2,359

Quote:
As we speak, however, the new shipment of Atrios are "on a truck somewhere" en route to Future Sonics. So, they are literally days away from being available!  
 Apparently, Future Sonics has created a new consumer division to lay the proper groundwork for expansion. We'll be hearing more from them soon! And samples of their mg7 Atrios have already gone out to CNET and some other reviewers.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!  I'm super pumped.  I've been comparing my Atrios to the HJE900's I recently purchased, and while the 900's sound great, they've really given me a renewed appreciation for how smooth my M8's sound.  I keep bouncing back and forth between the two, and the Atrios really would go from being great to fantastic if the new drivers improve the treble...

Nov 2, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #2,277 of 2,359
AND THE NEW MG7 ATRIOS (IN BLACK AT LEAST AND PROBABLY THE OTHER COLORS, TOO) ARE IN STOCK AT FUTURE SONICS!!!

Email David Gray over at FS and let him know he is a glorious, handsome person! And you can buy some new Atrios while you're at it!

Once again, they are supposed to have better treble extention and headroom. Other than that, I can't say. I will be hearing these very soon. Maybe if someone has an old pair of Atrios in NYC, we can meet and compare them (pm me, no creepy people, I am a delicate flower!).  

Nov 3, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #2,278 of 2,359
I hope that they also have somewhat smoother treble at the same time. That was one of the few criticisms I had about them... a slightly harsh treble. Along with recessed mids. Of course it took going through several other high end IEM's to realize those things! 

Here's to hoping the new driver version will be a big leap forward....

Feb 16, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #2,279 of 2,359
I just recently purchased a Cowon J3 and to go with it I bought some new earphones - the Atrio M5 (MG7) earphones which just arrived today.  I have some mixed feelings thus far over the earphones.  I was hoping they would provide more isolation than they currently do.  I've tried both the comfort fit foam sleeves and the earfills silicone sleeves (all sizes), and I don't notice a real difference between the two with regards to isolation.  I could still hear plenty of outside noise.  I've made sure to seat the earphones properly too.  Is it just me or is that just how they are?

Then there's the bass.  These things have been touted as bass monsters and that they're among thE best in terms of quality and quantity with regards to bass.  I was hoping to not use the EQ on the J3 and "color" the sound...but I'm finding the bass to be quite lacking otherwise with a flat EQ.  Again, I've made sure to seat the earphones just right, and my ears are as clean as they can be.  The treble doesn't seem to really shine at lower listening volumes either.  When I got the volume a bit higher, than I like to listen at, the treble really shined.

Granted I've only listened to the M5s for about four hours straight before my J3 ran out of juice...but I was expecting more overall upon hearing them for the first time.  I've read that dynamic drivers need to be burned in 100 hours before they sound like they're supposed to...but I've also read much debate on whether that really holds true or not.  These are only my initial impressions and I'm sure my ears need to adjust a lot more to the earphones...so I'm reserving any final judgments.

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #2,280 of 2,359
Hmmm lacking bass on the Atrios? Poor isolation? sounds like a fit problem to me, try experimenting with more with tips. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back