Futuresonics Atrio M5
Sep 22, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #841 of 2,359
what's the best way to remove the tips from the atrios , i have the shure tips on and i want to try the others but they don't exactly slide easily and i'm afraid to put too much pressure on the stem trying to squeeze them and pull the tips out

Sep 22, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #842 of 2,359
Thanks for the advice.. I have a test in a few days so I'm definitely burning them in for a few days

Sep 22, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #843 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a plus
smily_headphones1.gif
I like having closed headphones, but I have been using my RP-21s mostly portably. I decided to get some IEMs. I'm looking to Sell or Trade them for Atrio MX's if possible
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I plan to sell my RP22X!

Even being closed headphone they do not outclass Atrio for soundstage!And they are heavy & hot.

(I originally bought them only to listen to Opeth music,( with the Atrio some "growls" just don't make it!!
evil_smiley.gif
))
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Sep 23, 2007 at 6:58 AM Post #846 of 2,359
Just got some of the medium Shure Olives in. Man you guys are right, these are THE BEST tips I've tried. Easy to put in, good isolations, good sound. Much easier to deal with than any other tip I've tried. And I've tried a lot. Look good too. Do your self a favor and order some as soon as you determine what size you need. Just assume it's part of the original cost. You'll be very happy. I say their the best Universal IEM tip made so far bar none. And I've tried them all!

Sep 30, 2007 at 11:41 AM Post #848 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkW19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just noticed the XtremeMac FS1 - these look absolutely identical to the Atrio M5s, just a different colour.

Are they exactly the same?

Wow! Invasion of the Clones...
basshead.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #849 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkW19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just noticed the XtremeMac FS1 - these look absolutely identical to the Atrio M5s, just a different colour.

Are they exactly the same?

It looks like they have the same shell as the Atrios. The drivers for the FS1 are listed as "mg5" while the Atrio drivers are listed as "the latest mg5pro". Perhaps the Atrios use newer/updated drivers, given that the FS1 is a couple of years old.

Sep 30, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #850 of 2,359
They're not clones. Xtrememac partnered with Future Sonics to produce the FS1 some time ago as updates to Future Sonics' utilitarian-looking EM3. The Atrios are, as gtp suspected, Future Sonics' latest step forward, using a similar housing design as their previous model -- but a very different driver. I can personally attest that the Atrio sounds much better than the FS1s ever did.

Sep 30, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #851 of 2,359
x2 on that. Having been an EM3 owner, I tried the FS1s. Man, they stunk. Sent them back to Amazon (only phones I ever returned rather than sold). They are not even in the same league as the Atrios. Only connection was FutureSonics (and I am sure they regret ever having made those phones).

Sep 30, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #853 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yep! it sounds like clone find on ebay!

The frame is the same, the working parts are not.

But
cool.gif
They do look good for the upper yuppy!!
cool.gif

Notice that it is sold as an ipod accessory
very_evil_smiley.gif

What? As I just said, the FS1s are not clones or fakes or anything of the sort. They were legitimate products created by Future Sonics well before the Atrios ever existed. The Atrios borrowed the FS1s' frame (again, legitimately) -- not the other way around.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #854 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? As I just said, the FS1s are not clones or fakes or anything of the sort. They were legitimate products created by Future Sonics well before the Atrios ever existed. The Atrios borrowed the FS1s' frame (again, legitimately) -- not the other way around.
rolleyes.gif

I think he's saying that they sound like the average clone you'd find on ebay. Which is to say, not very good
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #855 of 2,359
The XtremeMac FS1 was a revamp of Future Sonics' old EM3 (or "Ears") product. Basically the same driver, but with a newer, prettier casing. Later, Future Sonics used that casing design as the basis for the Atrio, which has a significantly updated driver. So no, the FS1 is not a clone of the Atrio, it's the precursor to it.

I have never tried the FS1 directly, but I own both the EM3 (which is basically an uglier, utilitarian FS1) and the Atrio. The Atrio beats the EM3 in every respect. Better soundstage, better high end detail, no more treble roll-off, etc. One might think that (after the Atrio has burned-in) the bass response might not seem as great as in the EM3, but that's more because the Atrio's bass is more controlled. Pop in some hip-hop, or A Perfect Circle's "Thirteenth Step", and the Atrio will show you just how much massive bass response it's capable of (quite impressive, honestly).

But yes, the FS1 one is/was MADE by Future Sonics, and marketed by XtremeMac. I'm sure their fine, and I'd take them over any Shure or Etymotics IEMs any day (I find those other brands too fatiguing and bright), but I really do prefer the Atrio in every respect. The Atrio is all I use now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back