Futuresonics Atrio M5
Oct 13, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #871 of 2,359
OK, after the exhaustive task of reading this thread. I decided to buy a pair of the M5's. I go to the ebay eseller, but he only has a pair of the M8's currently for sale. So I go to his www site and send him an email, within an hour I have a response back. They are currently running a special from their website, 139.99 with free shipping to the US lower 48. SOLD!!!!

They will be here sometime next week, then a day or so of pink noise, then the joy of listening to them. For now, the search has ended.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this lenghty thread.

Atrio M5 - http://www.roaddogonline.com/store/c..._detail&p=1056

Atrio M8 - http://www.roaddogonline.com/store/c..._detail&p=1057

139.99 free shipping US lower 48

Oct 13, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #872 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznsniper911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know if the Shure medium are bigger then then those that came with the M5? Because it seems the large is a bit too big and the medium is too smal, need something a bit in the middle lol!

From what I remember the mediums are about the same size, the larges are a bit larger, and I think the smalls are a bit smaller... so a bit wider range in between sizes.

Oct 13, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #873 of 2,359
Here's a comparison of the medium and large Shure foamies with both Atrio foamies. Maybe it's useful to some of you...

DSCF0358-640.jpg

DSCF0359-640.jpg

Oct 13, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #877 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok i get it. Thankyou

How long do the Olives last for?

They are washable, so quite a bit longer than normal foamies.

Oh and by the way, they are nicknamed Olives, because they look like an olive, the ones you posted are nothing like olive looking lol
tongue.gif

Oct 13, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #879 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those sleeves in your photo are Shure E2c foamies, and will not work with the Atrios. The Shure Olives are the black sleeves in the dfkt's photo above. If that's what you are asking.

The Shure E2c foamies do not work with the Atrio, but Shure Foam Inserts SE, E3c, E4c, E5c, E500, i3c & i4c do work with the Atrio.

They offer a very good seal, however they are yellow and can get dirty.The pair I tried became dry, shrank and hard after 2 weels of usage.

The Atrio's foamies offer a very good seal and comfy, but you just look at them "and they start to disintegrate". After a few days of usage they isolate less and need to be replace.
mad.gif

regards,

Oct 13, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #880 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Atrio's foamies offer a very good seal and comfy, but you just look at them "and they start to disintegrate". After a few days of usage they isolate less and need to be replace.
mad.gif
regards,

Thats really stupid as you pay $130+ and they cant even get good tips. After all you cant listen to them otherwise!!

Oct 13, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #881 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats really stupid as you pay $130+ and they cant even get good tips. After all you cant listen to them otherwise!!

Yes, I do not know why this quality issue with the foamies is not a concern of Future Sonic. Their still the FS 2X flange ... or the alternatives:
Shure Olive
Shure Foamies for E4c
even these work with Atrio:http://cgi.ebay.ca/The-Best-Foam-Sle...QQcmdZViewItem

regards,

Oct 17, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #885 of 2,359
Nice surprise waiting for me when I got home today, UPS had delivered my M5's. Ordered them through Roaddogonline on Friday evening, delivered to my door at noon on Tuesday. Not too shabby! Currently running a 20 minute pink noise, 2 minute silence, repeat to break them in. Any suggestions for how long I should do this? Looking at them reminds me of looking down the stairs on Christmas morning as kid, I could see all the presents, I just wasn't allowed down until every went down. Not sure how long I will be able to not plug them in and listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back