Futuresonics Atrio M5
Jul 3, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #2,146 of 2,359
I just received my new Atrios. After much experimenting, I think that the larger foam tips probably give me the best seal and comfort combination. It's amazing how that bass kicks in when you get them just right! I'm wondering what other foam tip users have found to be equivalent or better replacements. Shure Olives (if so, what size in comparison to the Atrio foams) or Comply (the Comply website recommends the T-100 series)?

Jul 4, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #2,147 of 2,359
ezgoin-
Shure Olives are fantastic on them. Size depends on what you normally wear. I'd say if you usually take a medium tip, try that first. The smalls are tiny, and the larges are huge. I wish there was a little more size variation.

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #2,149 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezgoin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my new Atrios. After much experimenting, I think that the larger foam tips probably give me the best seal and comfort combination. It's amazing how that bass kicks in when you get them just right! I'm wondering what other foam tip users have found to be equivalent or better replacements. Shure Olives (if so, what size in comparison to the Atrio foams) or Comply (the Comply website recommends the T-100 series)?

Yeah, I just got mine as well and the large foam are the best, but their isolation can be better. The bi-flanges are really bad, the medium is too small and the large is WAY too big. I'm thinking of getting shure olives, as it seems a lot of people recommend them for the atrios.

After burn-in for 30 hours the sound is great. At first there was a shrill at high freq, but that has since calmed down. Overall, a fantastic IEM, well worth the money.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #2,150 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does V2 sound different from V1? I have my V1 before it was officially on sale, love them. (Sorry, if someone already post in one of 144 pages. I read about 30 pages, I can't find the answer.)

Not really. The V2 reaches some lower frequencies than the V1, but it's not that noticeable. The biggest difference is in the physical build: no memory wire, and cables that are even more resistant to tangling. If you're not having problems with the V1, then stick with them. It's only worth making the switch if the V1 wears out.

I actually kind of miss my V1. I was able to get a better fit with them than I do with the V2. Either is great, though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #2,152 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrenchDavid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can I find a good review of these M5 ? I'm llooking for great rock earphones and I'm hesitating between those Atrio, the Custom 3 or Westone 3...

Are you joking?
confused_face.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #2,154 of 2,359
Yes they are great for rock,metal,trance,house and elevator music!
jecklinsmile.gif

Aug 19, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #2,157 of 2,359
Hmmm,all this talk about shure foam (olives) on these i just don't get.
Tried them after many glowing reviews and thought they were awful on my m5.
Because the stem on the m5 isn't that long i found with the foam on you had to shove them in so far to work that it was downright uncomfortable,not to mention painful.
Much prefer the stock medium ear fills,comfortable,easy to put in and sound great.

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #2,158 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyerfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because the stem on the m5 isn't that long i found with the foam on you had to shove them in so far to work that it was downright uncomfortable,not to mention painful.
Much prefer the stock medium ear fills,comfortable,easy to put in and sound great.

One of the biggest variables it seems with earphones is how different tips will fit different peoples' canals, um, differently. For example I've seen much talk about the W3's and how the tri-flange with its stalk trimmed by about 2mm does wonders for eliminating the much reported sibilance/harshness. But my ears bend inward quite early it seems, so tri-flanges are too long to use, a real impossibility. So I missed out apparently, and I had to sell them.

Glad one type of tip is working for you at least.

Aug 19, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #2,159 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the biggest variables it seems with earphones is how different tips will fit different peoples' canals, um, differently. For example I've seen much talk about the W3's and how the tri-flange with its stalk trimmed by about 2mm does wonders for eliminating the much reported sibilance/harshness. But my ears bend inward quite early it seems, so tri-flanges are too long to use, a real impossibility. So I missed out apparently, and I had to sell them.

Glad one type of tip is working for you at least.

Thanks dude.
Yeah i really enjoy the m5,which is quite strange considering my favourite iem is er4p!
But when i want a change from razor sharp reproduction it's lovely to pop in the atrio's and 'feel' that bass.
Fantastic for reggae and ragga,especially yellowman.
They are quite wonderful for the price too.

Aug 19, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #2,160 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyerfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ya i'm not fond of the Shure "olives" either.They are too tight a fit on the Atrio's stems.And i don't like the material that much either for this application.I'm using the large stock foams now.Good seal and very easy on the ears.And they conform alot better then the "olives".IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back