Fullsized Headphones coming from JH-16 Pro In-Ears
Oct 30, 2012 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Galatian

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

It's this time of the year again when I would love to trade my In-Ears for some nice warm full-sized headphones. I never had any so I really don't know what to look for. First I really like the sound signature of my JH-16 Pros especially the low end. The full-sized cans are mainly for commuting to and from University, so they shouldn't allow other people to hear my music as well. Also I would rather have them plugged into my Cowon J3 directly, but I can also live with an amplifier for the winter months if you say I could get a much better deal. Obviously I would like to use them at home as well, unless of course I can't get both requirements in one can. Needless to say that the earpads should be fairly large so they'll keep my ears warm. Price is not that important if it is not (too much) over 1000€.

Hopefully you can give me some advice and thanks in advance!

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #2 of 3
Heya,

Beyer DT770 PRO 250ohm with Fiio E11 (set EQ to 2). Well under budget. Everything you're looking for. If using at home as well, perhaps consider the Fiio E17 instead for a desktop and portable dac/amp in one setup.

Alternatives: Mr Speakers Mad Dogs (modded T50RP) with Stax Pads; Ultrasone PRO 750; Denon D600; Beyer T5P; AKG K550.

Very best,

Oct 30, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 3
Heya,

Beyer DT770 PRO 250ohm with Fiio E11 (set EQ to 2). Well under budget. Everything you're looking for. If using at home as well, perhaps consider the Fiio E17 instead for a desktop and portable dac/amp in one setup.

Alternatives: Mr Speakers Mad Dogs (modded T50RP) with Stax Pads; Ultrasone PRO 750; Denon D600; Beyer T5P; AKG K550.

Very best,

Excuse my ignorance, but can a full-sized can be really that much cheaper then my In-Ears while having a comparable sound quality? I know shrinking hardware actually adds cost but at this level?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back