Full-size woodies w/ biocellulose drivers from Fostex?!
Oct 8, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #61 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spritzer, those hands must be pretty cold now!
devil_face.gif

I've sold so many things recently that I thought I'd never sell so I didn't even give it a second thought. They went to a good home though and will hopefully show up at a meet soon. The T50 is good but can't come close the Omegas and the comfort is... ahem... lacking.

Oct 10, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #62 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spritzer, those hands must be pretty cold now!
devil_face.gif

Uh-oh...

Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've sold so many things recently that I thought I'd never sell so I didn't even give it a second thought. They went to a good home though and will hopefully show up at a meet soon. The T50 is good but can't come close the Omegas and the comfort is... ahem... lacking.

You sold 'em, eh? I just hope it was non-collector someone who'll give 'em a good writeup and (as you say) take 'em around to meets.

While they're still fresh in your mind, would you mind doing a last unfair sonic comparison between the T50 and the O2?

Oct 10, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #63 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by wualta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You sold 'em, eh? I just hope it was non-collector someone who'll give 'em a good writeup and (as you say) take 'em around to meets.

While they're still fresh in your mind, would you mind doing a last unfair sonic comparison between the T50 and the O2?

The T-50 has some of the same strengths as the SR-007 such as a small yet tightly controlled soundstage and a deep, tight bass response. They don't have the smoothness of the SR-007 nor the extreme bass capability, detail retrieval or the speed but they are no slouch. A very unfair comparison but the T-50 sure holds their own and if something similar could be made today with the comfort of the Omegas then Senn would have to discontinue that HD6*0 crap.
tongue.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #65 of 91
Any updates about organizing a group buy for the 448498s?

Jun 4, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #67 of 91
Oh men ...
I've just notice that this whole story goes back to 2007 !!! I thought i was reading some crazy scoop !!
redface.gif

Very interesting thread anyway. I'd too would like to know about this groupbuy ??

Jun 4, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #69 of 91
So?

The specs are drool worthy. That is enough for me to want them. That and the fact they are made of the same wood and type of driver as R10s

Apr 2, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #70 of 91
Has anyone ever had any success getting ahold of these? They sure seem intriguing...

Aug 5, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #71 of 91
So what's the follow up to the story..?

Did the Fostex Japan 448498 a.k.a. Zelkova Serrata bio-cellulose a.k.a. "The 欅" (keyaki) ever get released?

It looks like a Denon.

With such an exotic wood and driver material, I thought someone would have exchanged emails or followed this up somehow? =p

You know bio-cel HP's sound the best and wood housings sound the best and Fostex makes the best stuff so is this the best headphone on the planet? Just kidding...

Aug 5, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #75 of 91
Aren't the Denon Dx000 drivers supposed to "micro-fiber" or something.  I've read in a lot of places that the drivers are OEMed by Fostex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back