full size open headphone with senn. PX100 sound? sub $200
Jan 30, 2011 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Aita

Head-Fier
  Hello all!
      MY question simply is: are there a pair of full size sub $200 headphones that have a similar sound(warm controlled and powerful bass that slighty shadows mids,and highs) with greater separation and sound stage?  While I like my HD212 pros and my modded JVCs, I really am partial to the open sound and the bass response( great for Jazz and funk, heck even hip-hop and rap) of the PX100s.  I have tried the HD555s and found them to be sorely lacking in bass impact compared to the PX100s even when driven with Fiio E7 and bass enhancements( however they fit the bill in separation).  Unfortunately that is all i have to compare them to in the Sennheiser range, and the only other set of open headphones i have been able to try outside of the them is the koss protapros.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #2 of 6
Sorry to drag an old thread out of the closet but I too am interested in this.

Can anyone make a suggestion?

Pretty please!?
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #3 of 6
Let me rise this topic as well.

Looking similary priced headphones for similar music (acid jazz, new jack swing, funk and misc. french house).
Need to be fun, bring out vocals and have quality bass.

Huge fan of Denon AH-C710 and AH-C750. Does Denon D2000 carry the Denon signature sound i love on their IEM's? Other headphones you can recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back