Full size Ipod upgrades
Aug 4, 2010 at 11:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SunRay95

New Head-Fier
Hey guys

this is my first post on this forum so please bear with me, I am looking for a full size headphone upgrade for use mostly with ipod touch but will also will be used with my laptop and with a denon avr 2805 with integrated headphone amp. I will be listening to them primarily at home mostly for music and the occasional film.

I have been looking around head-fi and other sites and have come up with some ideas, I was hoping you could give me your views on these headphones i have rounded up.

Sennheiser
  1. hd 485
  2. hd 448
  3. hd 555
Goldring
  1. dr150
  2. dr100
Audio Technica
  1. ath-ad300
  2. ath-ad500

i  listen to rock music e.g Queen, Rainbow, nickelback etc, also the arctic monkeys and some bass and rap tracks.
The headphones sound sig does not really bother me all i want is a nice clean delivery, the bass to be nice and deep but not boomy and not colour the mid-range also a good degree of instrument separation, maybe i am asking too much.
confused_face_2.gif
  i am willing to compromise on some accounts but not the clean & clear delivery. I am also open to suggestions but my budget is at a total maximum of £80 and please note they will not be hooked up to a portable amp with my ipod they will be fed straight from the headphone out 3.5 mm socket  so a low impedance rating would be preferable.

cheers guys 4 taking time to read this post and i will eagerly await some replies
darthsmile.gif

Aug 6, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #2 of 4
I'me now looking at some Alessandro MS-1 can anyone confirm that this is a good choice?

Cheers
darthsmile.gif

Aug 6, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 4
Yes, the Alessandro MS-1 is a good choice. They're a little more neutral than the Grado line and most owners are very happy with the MS-1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back