FS: Sennheiser Orpheus
Aug 11, 2001 at 6:32 PM Post #61 of 115
Okay, I think it's fair to say that this now belongs in the Members' Lounge.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2001 at 4:48 AM Post #63 of 115
Quote:

Originally posted by jude
and, as was pointed out, he's in a foreign country. All sorts of red warning LED's are going off in my head. But I only speak for me, of course.

HEY. I'm in a foreign country. And I'm a nice guy. Pretty nice actually. I even gave a coin to a homeless guy about 2 days ago. Hmph.

Aug 12, 2001 at 7:08 PM Post #64 of 115
dude, what he means is, the guy isn't in US but only sells to US residents...not logical

Aug 13, 2001 at 7:59 PM Post #66 of 115
The red warning lights have nothing to do with who the guy is or what nationality he is, it's just that the avenues of recourse if you get screwed on the sale are greatly limited if the guy happens to be located across the ocean. And it would seem strange that the seller only sells to people who probably wouldn't have the means to track him down.

Aug 13, 2001 at 11:19 PM Post #67 of 115
I wonder why the Winner of that auction have not come here and post anything.... I am SURE that person have read this thread from the many emails he received.

I was hoping for a follow up by that person.. looks like this one is going to remain a mystery

Tides

Aug 14, 2001 at 1:09 AM Post #68 of 115
Quote:

Originally posted by eeyssjr
Does anyone actaully know whether the dude that bought the Orpheous actaully got them or what? Was it all a con?

I don't think we can know, yet, there's barely been enough time to pass for the money to exchange hands and for the package to get delivered.

Also, he's probably feeling like the guy who just won the lottery, and everyone he's ever known (times two!) is contacting him for various reasons...

Aug 14, 2001 at 4:27 AM Post #70 of 115
Quote:

eric343 said...

Or he's too embarassed because he just lost $2500, and got a box filled with portable player headphones and a boostaroo.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall during the explanation of that fiasco to his/her significant other...
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2001 at 6:55 AM Post #71 of 115
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
Or he's too embarassed because he just lost $2500, and got a box filled with portable player headphones and a boostaroo.

THAT wouldnt be as harsh as a box full of the foam peanuts !
eek.gif

Tides

Aug 22, 2001 at 11:15 PM Post #72 of 115
I won the Orpheus nightmare all right and deserve what I am dealing with now.

After winning the ebay bid I began the difficult discussions with how to conclude the transaction with the seller in Switzerland with the seller who doesn’t speak good English and needed his friend to translate for him who lives in France….

Tradenable made the seller nervous after I had already proceeded with my credit card payment so I then gave him another credit card to pay for the unit directly through a friend of his who owns a restaurant in Geneve….

I gave my FedEx account number for shipping with the express instructions that DON’T use Priority overnight service as its going to cost me a fortune and of course he showed my e-mail to a FedEx guy who didn’t speak English and marked Priority service costing me $375.91 for delivery. I’m still bracing myself for the importation duty charges to come through….

The unit arrived in perfect condition however, it cuts out after 30 seconds and goes into standby mode so I flip through the manuals and of course can’t read a word of what it says.

I contact Sennheiser USA (located 20 minutes north of where I live) and they are absolutely furious that I got the unit from overseas and read me the riot act and want the original sales receipt in order to consider this unit as being brand new for warranty repair…

So I contact Sennheiser Canada however, they have only sold 3 of these units since they were established and need to contact Germany for add’l help….

I have decided not to leave negative feedback for the seller because he was selling for someone else and is a salesperson working on commissions. I do feel bad for him. I will simply chalk this up to experience and end up loosing close to $700.00 in shipping fees – FedEx wins not to mention my credit cards with two $2,700.00 transactions that need to be reversed.

Long and short of it is that I’m returning the equipment at my own expense and cut my losses at this point. I’ll let you all be the judge of the moral of the story.

I think I’ll stay away from headphones for the next few years.

Aug 22, 2001 at 11:19 PM Post #73 of 115
Monster,

I'm really sorry to read about your experiences with this particular transaction (which ended up sounding like it eventually became a whole bunch of various other transactions).

I'm glad, however, that you did take the time to visit Head-Fi, and hope that you come back regularly.

Aug 23, 2001 at 12:09 AM Post #74 of 115
Monster:

So is the unit broken or what?
Or is it just in a standby mode you don't know
how to get it out of?
What did Sennheiser Canada say?
Did they send you an English manual?

Bye

Redwoood

Aug 23, 2001 at 12:35 AM Post #75 of 115
Quote:

Originally posted by Monster
I won the Orpheus...I’m returning the equipment at my own expense and cut my losses at this point.
I think I’ll stay away from headphones for the next few years.

Dude, I think I speak for all of us when I say, SELL IT TO ONE OF US!!!
Even if we refund...erm...pay you everything you paid, plus, say US$100 for the headache, and...worst case, it costs us US$1K to fix, we'd still be getting it at (hold on, gets out calculator) almost 40% of what we could otherwise get a new, working one for!!! Gawd, I wish I could afford that right now...hold on, let me check my finances...it's too bad I think I need transmission work...(wanders off, mumbling)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back