Frosty Manhatttan Mini Meet & Guitar Hero II Throwdown
Feb 4, 2007 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

Romanee

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm just going to start this one with a coupla grittygrungydownlo cellphone amp&headphone pics of a bit of our frosty windy Manhattan Saturday mini meet at Jahns's lower Hudson lookout:

I think hYdrociTy and I managed to beat our Jahn's famous Tower Of Power -- with a minis-only Portable Tower Of Power!!!!

MiniTowerOfPower2_020307.jpg

Lan and hYdrociTy in the throws of Guitar Hero II with Gibson SG and Thunderbird axes!!

Lan-n-hYdrociTy_GtrHero2.jpg

My brain is stalled -- true brain freeze from walking about in Manhattan's winter wind. Must warm up … mustn't - fall - a-s-lee-e-e-eep.

Maybe a nice bit of Single Malt might help. See ya later.

Someone else post something!
orphsmile.gif

Feb 4, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 52
awesome thanks for starting! i'm still trying to get sound, so after that i'll post more! thanks everyone for coming, Pumpkin had a blast!

Feb 4, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #3 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My brain is stalled -- true brain freeze from walking about in Manhattan's winter wind. Must warm up … mustn't - fall - a-s-lee-e-e-eep.
Maybe a nice bit of Single Malt might help. See ya later.
Someone else post something!
orphsmile.gif

You guys look like you had a good time, while I was in slightly warmer Seattle. The best thing that follows a Saturday Meet is a Lazy Sunday. Snack Attack and Movie
biggrin.gif

enjoy!

Feb 4, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #4 of 52
SWEET SUCCESS. Got the music wireless bridge going! Tunes are cool, when I'm surfing, no prob. but the gaming and vids are definitely out of sync- my wireless connection must be too slow to keep up with the vid card. oh well, i want this thing for music mainly anyhow - when it's time for vids and games i'll turn on the 0404. good stuff, thanks again for the help gang!

EDIT - lag gone! had to switch everything to 48 and buffer to movies, but now every single sound syncs, whee! happy!

Feb 4, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #5 of 52
glad to hear everything works how it should!

Feb 4, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #6 of 52
I think this sums up our Guitar Hero II foray:

Lan: "I AM A ROCK GOD! Eat your heart out, Gene Simmons! BBLLLEEEEGGGHHH!"

Picture_0063.jpg

MrSlacker: "...Dammit."

Feb 4, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #8 of 52
EEK! The Leaning Tower of Portables! How did I miss that one!
eek.gif

Oh, Romanee, I have your Senn mini to 1/4 adapter. And Nankai, I have your PK1. I'll take advantage of that and compare it to the PK2 on lend here too, and put em both in a big old review before the March Meet!

Feb 4, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #9 of 52
Ahhh. Beautiful, glowing shot, hYdrociTy!!!

Even with the powerful sun streaming in, dem LED's is gleaming with POWUH!

Spectacular.

Still -- I feel my gritty cellphone shots convey the angst -- the intensity -- the grunge and grief and struggle of comparing all those jewels with such concentration -- such…

Jahn - how'd I do as a first time Guitar Star!!! I was good huh? Wasn't I good???

…oh -- uh - yeah, the intensive focus on the pure audiophile pursuits. Duh.

Great seeing all you guys - and Pumpkin -- and Jahn's better looking clone/Mini-Me!! Neat little guy! And J's mom. Sorry I didn't pay proper respect. Send my regards and thanks for indulgence to your better half, big J.

Eventually, after we recover, we'll say some audiophile stuff.

Feb 4, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #10 of 52
The angst! THE ANGST! (helicopter shot of Minis-Tower-of-Power table w/mess-o-wires-n-cans)

020307_1517a.jpg

Okay. This really was the focus of the meet:

020307_1606b.jpg

And, no … it was not all glory (Lan, Voice over: "Aw Shucks. This is tough!"). You shoulda heard Jahn screaming in pain while trying to catch up with Lan's FULL SHRED ONSLAUGHT. LAN cut Jahn's head REAL GOOD! Talk about wielding his axe. The humiliation. The PAIN! (Sorry, no pics of that bloodbath.)

Yeah - there's that hot Les Paul hanging on the wall. Man that is one heavy slab o' magic.

020307_1610a.jpg

Feb 4, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #11 of 52
doh romanee forgot to mention - you missed out on the lunch from Lombardi's! yep, we ordered pizza from that famous joint an amazingly it wasn't frozen solid when it came, hehe. let's just say that portable tower had a foundation worthy of the Leaning Tower of Pizza about an hour before that shot
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #12 of 52
Yeah. Rub it in. Ha!

Fuggedaboudid. I can WALK to Lombardi's and enjoy it FRESH FROM THE OVEN for lunch -- at least whenever I happen to have 20 or more bucks to blow on a really quick lunch with just about enuf time to gulp down 2 slices and carry the rest back to work to eat cold while grinding out rush advert art), since it takes 20-30 minutes to walk each way, depending on the day's Soho shopping throng I have to navigate through.

I just can't seem to get to meets on time lately. I need a clone. I need 2 lives. Actually I need one real life.

Ahhh, heck -- it was swell today, guys. Youze is makin' me all weepy.

Cheez - I had a cold can o' Coke and some cookies. Felt like home, except with a really neat view of the Hudson River & Jersey.

And to bring this back to a lighter note:

BirthOAds.jpg

Feb 4, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #13 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EEK! The Leaning Tower of Portables! How did I miss that one!
eek.gif

I told you. I told you. You just did not believe!

BTW - I have Lombardi Pizza pics and you don't (or do you?):

LombardiOrigPieCU_1530b2.jpg

I wasn't kidding about only having time to eat 2 slices last time, but MAN - they were the best:
LombardiOpenPie01_1531a2.jpg

Just one more for location, just in case you don't believe it was Lombardi's. Summer in the city can be sweet:
LombardiOrigPie_OldRm_1530a2.jpg

Feb 4, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #14 of 52
Ah, we might as well do a few Highlights of the day!

1) Lombardi's. Yum.

2) Finally unleashing Gloco's Baby O via stax adapter into the SRM-1/MKII with the Melos preamping with 7308 Amperex tubes. Hey, the bass came back a la KGSS! Awesome! (and not as awesome with the Mullards rolled into the Melos, go figure, man they are picky)

3) Guitar Hero II. I am so glad Lan pulled some kind of reverse mojo to actually get me to spring for this. Awesome. And Romanee picked up in 2 songs what it took me a night to do, eek!

4) Koss KSC75 (with KSC35 clips) into that thinline aluminum portable amp Nankai brought. What was the name of it again? Romanee is borrowing it now i think. Funny thing is the PK2 buds with that amp made the buds sound like koss clips (a good thing, bring the warmth and bass!) but that amp made the koss clips sound more like PK1s (a very good thing, tightened up that bass and increased the impact!)

5) My kid not destroying anything while tramping up and down both floors while i was running a containment pattern. WHEW.

6) The PK1 with the Hornet on High Gain, volume cranked to 1 O'Clock. One of the best immersive dogwalks I've ever had, until one of the only things that could have knocked me out of that happened - i heard a REAL exhaust note. I turned around and I kid you not, this tore down South End Avenue:
GT40%20WINNER%20LM%2069.jpg

gulfford.jpg

Feb 4, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #15 of 52
Jahn, Ah good to see your computer system back online. It was kind of crazy trying to do the audio thing, guitar hero, and computer fixing at once. It's a good thing you have two floor. Can't imagine that happening in a smaller space.

Thanks for the pizza, cookies, and drinks.

Glad to see some of you fellas again. It's been a while.

The kid and pumps were fairly well behaved.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back