From MS-1i to SR-225i?
Apr 15, 2010 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kmhaynes

Headphoneus Supremus
I have the MS-1i, and love them. How much would I gain SQ-wise if I moved to the SR-225i? Is it worth the extra $$, or should I wait and try for the MS-2i?

Apr 15, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #2 of 5
I upgraded from the MS1 to the 225 and was fortunate to have both at the same time. The difference wasn't night and day, but I can say you gain some clarity and refinement. The MS1 has more bass, but its not as detailed and doesn't seem to go as low. I flipped my bowls around and it brought back some of the bass that the 225 was missing.

Apr 15, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 5
The SR225 is rather a sidegrade IMO.

Beware of the MS2I though, it is as different from the MS1 as technically possible for a Gradessandro. It is one of those cans that hit you out of your shoes when they are new, they start bothering after 4-5 months and tend to get sold within a year.

Apr 19, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 5
lol thats no joke. the ms1 has nice somewhat boomy bass. The ms2i has lean but more quality bass. The ms2i though really is a night and day difference from the ms1.

Quote:
The SR225 is rather a sidegrade IMO.

Beware of the MS2I though, it is as different from the MS1 as technically possible for a Gradessandro. It is one of those cans that hit you out of your shoes when they are new, they start bothering after 4-5 months and tend to get sold within a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back