Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Mar 22, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #451 of 867
Quote:

Based on my experience the build time quoted by Frogbeats does not include shipping to/from China.  On last Monday (18 Mar, 8 1/2 weeks after impressions arrived at Frogbeats) David informed me that my C4s were done and the build time was 7 weeks.  However as you can see from the info in my post above they were obviously still in China at that time. 

I think it would be more transparent (and useful) if Frogbeats gave an estimated 'fullfilment time'  that ran from the receipt of impressions at Frogbeats to the date of shipment to the end user from Glasgow or whatever final shipment point is used.  Now I understand that shipping times are not under Frogbeats control but an average time might be used which means some would be a bit under, others a bit over.

FWIW,

O.

Working on a way to display more transparent waiting times. Unlike UPS, though, DHL do not have these stupid delays, so as soon as your CIEMs are shipped out they will arrive within 2 working days. 

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #452 of 867
I wonder if my (still have to send them it) refits can take half the amount of time. After all, I am just reshelling ONE monitor. Maybe that could make it quicker?... still doubtful though.

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #453 of 867
Quote:
I wonder if my (still have to send them it) refits can take half the amount of time. After all, I am just reshelling ONE monitor. Maybe that could make it quicker?... still doubtful though.

Nope, same amount of time I'm afraid. Ask yourself if it's worth it and if so, make sure you have a backup listening rig lest you go crazy. I ended up buying a pair of Momentums to tide me over, just resold recently.

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #454 of 867
Quote:
Nope, same amount of time I'm afraid. Ask yourself if it's worth it and if so, make sure you have a backup listening rig lest you go crazy. I ended up buying a pair of Momentums to tide me over, just resold recently.

My only fear is if the second refit doesn't turn out perfect...then we have a problem...

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #456 of 867
Quote:
My only fear is if the second refit doesn't turn out perfect...then we have a problem...

I'm not sure how familiar you are with your audiologist, but mine made it an extremely painless process. She listened to both earpieces to make sure there wasn't inherent trouble with the drivers, then compared the new impression she made to the left shell that I felt was not as loud. With her help, she made it extremely clear where the problem with the cut was, and I was able to pass this information onto Frogbeats. All this time and effort was free of charge, she's an absolutely fantastic lady and I was lucky to have her. :)

Very pleased to say the issue was fixed, but yes. I can imagine how sucky it would have been if the second time wasn't the charm.

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #457 of 867
Quote:
make sure you have a backup listening rig lest you go crazy.

I'm certainly glad I recently bought backup IEMs even though my C4s should be here in a week or so.  I'm a bit concerned about the fit, with the backup I won't be inclined to keep the C4s even if they don't fit well. Having a superb alternative goes a long ways towards relieving anxieties and pressures regarding the C4s.

Quote:
I'm not sure how familiar you are with your audiologist, but mine made it an extremely painless process. She listened to both earpieces to make sure there wasn't inherent trouble with the drivers, then compared the new impression she made to the left shell that I felt was not as loud. With her help, she made it extremely clear where the problem with the cut was, and I was able to pass this information onto Frogbeats. All this time and effort was free of charge, she's an absolutely fantastic lady and I was lucky to have her. :)

Very pleased to say the issue was fixed, but yes. I can imagine how sucky it would have been if the second time wasn't the charm.

Must be nice to have that kind of service available.  The only audiologist available to me locally had never even heard of CIEMs.

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #458 of 867
Quote:

I'm certainly glad I recently bought backup IEMs even though my C4s should be here in a week or so.  I'm a bit concerned about the fit, with the backup I won't be inclined to keep the C4s even if they don't fit well. Having a superb alternative goes a long ways towards relieving anxieties and pressures regarding the C4s.

Must be nice to have that kind of service available.  The only audiologist available to me locally had never even heard of CIEMs.

My local audiologist couldn't help me. She told me she never had refit problems with any of her customers. All she could provide was a free impression for the bad side. 
HideousPride is really lucky. How much better did it fit afterwarads?

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #459 of 867
Quote:
My local audiologist couldn't help me. She told me she never had refit problems with any of her customers. All she could provide was a free impression for the bad side. 
HideousPride is really lucky. How much better did it fit afterwarads?

Both of you are lucky. Audiologists here require me to pay even for refit.

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #460 of 867
It's scary how I can get used to a bad seal. And treat it as if it wasn't there. When I pay attention and fiddle around with my ear, yep it's still there.

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #461 of 867
Quote:

Both of you are lucky. Audiologists here require me to pay even for refit.

Sorry to hear that. My audiologist said he would do another set of impressions w/o charge but unless the C4s really sound significantly better than my new UIEMs I'm just not willing to go through the whole 11 week or so process again.

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #462 of 867
Quote:

Sorry to hear that. My audiologist said he would do another set of impressions w/o charge but unless the C4s really sound significantly better than my new UIEMs I'm just not willing to go through the whole 11 week or so process again.

Maybe you could recommend me that UIEM as a replacement for when I send mine back. :) hint hint.

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #463 of 867
Quote:
Maybe you could recommend me that UIEM as a replacement for when I send mine back. :) hint hint.

Sorry, you'll just have to wait like everybody else until I get my C4s and write about them.
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #464 of 867
Quote:

Sorry, you'll just have to wait like everybody else until I get my C4s and write about them.
wink.gif

Aww shucks... 
size]

Do you think I can request for a color change when I refit? David is a lil slow on replies, so I can only speculate on here.

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #465 of 867
Quote:
Aww shucks... 
size]

Do you think I can request for a color change when I refit? David is a lil slow on replies, so I can only speculate on here.

I'm positive you can request it, whether David honours your request is another thing... I can't see why not though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back