Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Mar 20, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #437 of 867
Quote:
David gave a wonderful and full apology that is likely to resolve much of the complaints that have been circulating here. Myself included. In all honesty, it's statements like these that are more likely to regain the consumer's trust. I wish Frogbeats their best in handling future orders.

I'm thinking of something by BTG cables. Although im pressured by my friends not to buy it, but im hoping that the expensive cable could improve fit/comfort as i wear glasses.

Indeed!

I am happy to see David take this move. This takes balls and IMHO, is a serious indicator of his value for his customers and an indicator of how much he values his products and his company.

I had a great experience with Frogbeats and many months later, I'm still super happy with my C4's.

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #438 of 867
Quote:
David gave a wonderful and full apology that is likely to resolve much of the complaints that have been circulating here. Myself included. In all honesty, it's statements like these that are more likely to regain the consumer's trust. I wish Frogbeats their best in handling future orders.

I'm thinking of something by BTG cables. Although im pressured by my friends not to buy it, but im hoping that the expensive cable could improve fit/comfort as i wear glasses.

David mentioned that Westone cables were 100% compatible, this one could be worth considering: http://www.amazon.com/Westone-Replacement-cables-Removable-monitors/dp/B005GQ7JJ8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_3

Do your C4s feel uncomfortable with glasses on? I kinda tweak the memory wire when I'm wearing glasses for comfort. I put the glasses on first, then adjust the memory wire accordingly. When I wear them without glasses, I just kind of push the wire further in for a tighter fit.

Mar 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #439 of 867
Quote:

Agreed! Seriously hope they can get the "soft" issues sorted out as they have a truly phenomenal product and I for one would hate to see people overlook them due to these problems.

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #440 of 867
Quote:
Why did your friend prevent you from buying the cable?

We'll, I'd say they're an anti-cable faction that would much rather spend the money on more sonic benefits. Because when you put things into a different perspective, ~$100 for a cable, is just not "worth" it for some. In C4 terms, that would be like 1/8 or 1/10th of a C4. Hence their opposition. 

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #441 of 867
Well, it's now 9 weeks since Frogbeats received my impressions.  On Monday of this week Dave emailed me with the good news my C4s were complete and I would be receiving a tracking number later in the week.  I haven't heard anything yet, hopefully I'll receive the tracking number tomorrow.

Meanwhile my mystery UIEMs arrived this morning and are very impressive.  I only have PL-50s to compare them to, but the difference is really quite significant.  I should hope so for the $500+ price difference!

Of course the real test will be compared to the C4s, assuming that they fit.

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #442 of 867
So you got you UERM's made in two weeks-ish? Thats pretty pretty fast yo.

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #446 of 867
Quote:
Ohhh... I see. So which universals didja get, O?

Ain't sayin' yet. I'm expect some of the illustrious members on this forum will have strong opinions of the relative merits, weakness, etc. of the UIEMs and C4s.  I want to do my own comparison and make up my mind without those influences.  As it is, I'm very pleased with the UIEMs so far.

Cheers,

O.

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #447 of 867
Hey, is it normal for CIEMs to get more "seal" or isolation when I press on them?

Mar 22, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #448 of 867
Just got a much appreciated update from David concerning my C4s. It seems the transport gods have conspired against me once more
eek.gif
, the shipment is currently grounded by weather at Castle Donnington.

With luck the weather will clear and they'll make it over to Glasgow soon. Next business day is likely Monday (Tues in Oz).  Hopefully they'll be on their way to Oz shortly after that.  Unfortunately next weekend is Easter weekend,  no delivery on Good Friday here, so maybe early April...
rolleyes.gif

Mar 22, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #449 of 867
Quote:
That's encouraging but I wished the FAQ section on their website made clear those are made in China.
Does the build time of 6 weeks include shipping to and from China?

Based on my experience the build time quoted by Frogbeats does not include shipping to/from China.  On last Monday (18 Mar, 8 1/2 weeks after impressions arrived at Frogbeats) David informed me that my C4s were done and the build time was 7 weeks.  However as you can see from the info in my post above they were obviously still in China at that time. 

I think it would be more transparent (and useful) if Frogbeats gave an estimated 'fullfilment time'  that ran from the receipt of impressions at Frogbeats to the date of shipment to the end user from Glasgow or whatever final shipment point is used.  Now I understand that shipping times are not under Frogbeats control but an average time might be used which means some would be a bit under, others a bit over.

FWIW,

O.

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #450 of 867
Quote:
Just got a much appreciated update from David concerning my C4s. It seems the transport gods have conspired against me once more
eek.gif
, the shipment is currently grounded by weather at Castle Donnington.

With luck the weather will clear and they'll make it over to Glasgow soon. Next business day is likely Monday (Tues in Oz).  Hopefully they'll be on their way to Oz shortly after that.  Unfortunately next weekend is Easter weekend,  no delivery on Good Friday here, so maybe early April...
rolleyes.gif

That's a 4 hit combo right there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back