Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Mar 12, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #331 of 867
It looks like they have good products but zero business acumen. Sadly,  they are going the same way Ampcity did.
I hope they can sort out their issues quickly and be more honest and transparent.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #332 of 867
It's a bit of a shame Frogbeats doesn't have a better grip on their customer service. I was hopeful they would have improved over the half year since I placed my first order.

Received email confirmation that my C4s are coming back to me after the reshell. Overall, it's going to be a 8 week+ wait, just FYI in case anyone decides fit isn't perfect and is curious how long they'd be without their CIEMs. I think I've already become used to the huge lag between sending an email and receiving a response - I give it a week, and if I still don't hear anything I send another email asking for a reply. This generally gets their attention.

Luckily have other things to keep myself occupied! The Momentums have been a good substitute, and the TH-900s will be here tomorrow.
L3000.gif

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #334 of 867
The cut on the left shell didn't account for angling on the last bend of my ear canal, so the vents were being slightly muffled.

As a result, the sound sounded "damped" compared to the right side. Fingers crossed the issue was fixed.

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #336 of 867
Quote:

Wasn't it said of the C4 that the drivers are the same as those in Heir 4A? If that's the case the drivers are just proprietary drivers that Frogbeats bought from elsewhere. 

There's the element of crossover tuning too... I'd like to think that this is done by frogbeats at the very least :p

Mar 12, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #337 of 867
my C4s arrived after under 2 weeks actually it was 12 days ( i count from the day i sent out my ear's impression ) , maybe i was lucky :))

@UElover : i know your feeling but finally i think it's somewhat worth to wait still , nobody can guarantee the C4s will sound better than UERM but as i know , " Rakan " have sold his UERM after compared his UERM to C4s

Mar 12, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #339 of 867
Quote:
my C4s arrived after under 2 weeks actually it was 12 days ( i count from the day i sent out my ear's impression ) , maybe i was lucky :))

@UElover : i know your feeling but finally i think it's somewhat worth to wait still , nobody can guarantee the C4s will sound better than UERM but as i know , " Rakan " have sold his UERM after compared his UERM to C4s

I think you got yours pretty early, before the peak period and before its got 'popular'. It was the time when LFF said that its customer service is good and that its still made in the UK. 

I needed something for mixing so I needed a neutral presentation. The UERM may not be everyone's cup of tea (just like the Etymotic ER4) but many professional sound engineers could say that the UERM is great. 

I am not sure if the C4 is on the fun side of neutral or what. 

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #340 of 867
Well apparently they say my pair will be done in the next week. So... essentially two weeks to get to my door. Hmm.

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #341 of 867
Just demoed the LCD2/3, Hd800/700 today at my "local" audio store. I'd have to agree with HideousPride, these C4s really don't lose much. In fact, in some occasions I enjoy my C4s over these full sized because of the intimate clarity it brings. Depending on your music, the C4s may be right for you. Although I can't make any detailed observations (was there for a short time and didn't have "my" music with me), I have to say that first impressions have been pretty positive. I'll be sure to travel there (Audio High) again.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #342 of 867
Quote:
Just demoed the LCD2/3, Hd800/700 today at my "local" audio store. I'd have to agree with HideousPride, these C4s really don't lose much. In fact, in some occasions I enjoy my C4s over these full sized because of the intimate clarity it brings. Depending on your music, the C4s may be right for you. Although I can't make any detailed observations (was there for a short time and didn't have "my" music with me), I have to say that first impressions have been pretty positive. I'll be sure to travel there (Audio High) again.

Glad they're starting to grow on you! Just got my own pair back from the refit.

Immediately ran the C4 through the same album I noticed the problem on the first time, and am happy to say the channel balance is much improved. Was really impressed with these after not hearing them for 2 months. Just bought a TH-900/HP-A8C combo I'm really enjoying right now, but I didn't take these off for a long time after putting them on.

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #343 of 867
Well my C4 order is now 8 weeks and counting since Frogbeat received my impressions. No word on a shipment date and I haven't received any response to my recent inquiries. 

So I've written Frogbeats and ask that my order be cancelled and my full payment refunded.

On the Frogbeats store Return page it states

Quote:

Not satisfied?

If you aren't satisfied with your earphones then you have 7 days to return them and we will give you your money back.

Well I'm not satisfied, I hope they're good to their word and will just give me my money back.

Mar 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #344 of 867
C5 VS UM Miracle, still no one answered this although many others did. beside from what i am reading it does take a lot of time to get them.

unless i pay for the rush order right? which is good for most of us who dont wana wait :p 

Mar 14, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #345 of 867
Quote:
Well my C4 order is now 8 weeks and counting since Frogbeat received my impressions. No word on a shipment date and I haven't received any response to my recent inquiries. 

So I've written Frogbeats and ask that my order be cancelled and my full payment refunded.

On the Frogbeats store Return page it states

Well I'm not satisfied, I hope they're good to their word and will just give me my money back.

What was the date that they received your impression? It is a disgrace, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back