Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Feb 19, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #197 of 867
Quote:
Thanks for the review! How do you find the C4 compares to the HD800? From what you're saying it sounds like their sound signatures should be quite comparable?

Not comparable, neither sound signature-wise nor experience-wise. One, because the overall presentation of an IEM is signficantly different from full-sized headphones.

As for sound signature, the C4 is significantly fuller with more impact in the lows, and also less fatiguing without a sharp peak in the highs. Neutrality across the frequencies is much better done on the C4.

That doesn't mean the C4 is superior. The speed and imaging of the HD 800s coupled with the expansive soundstage make it a much more immersive experience.

As to be expected, it's a somewhat apples to oranges comparison. I would stick with comparing IEMs to IEMs and headphones to headphones.

Feb 19, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #198 of 867
Quote:

As to be expected, it's a somewhat apples to oranges comparison. I would stick with comparing IEMs to IEMs and headphones to headphones.

I agree sort of, but not everybody has heard IEMs, let alone cIEMs! That is why some a comparison to full sized headphones is really helpful because most of us have heard a well known headphone.

Feb 19, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #200 of 867
I wonder if there are any iphone compatble control cables available on amazon ( free shipping) for my C4s. I. Know Jha has one but im trying to hopefully fill my amaon cart and get free shipping.

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #201 of 867
I just realized... at this rate I'll have no IEMs until the C4's arrive 
eek.gif

@Eve: what cables you talking bout?

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #202 of 867
I've had no decent cans/iems since I ordered in december... On stock buds right now.

One of those mic cables compatible with an iphone or something of that sort. adjust songs/volume etc from the cable. Just a convenience really.

And I like having one set of cables plugged into my desktop and one into my portable rig.

Feb 20, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #204 of 867
My CIEMs are finally completed. They still have to get it from the engineers (hopefully not from China because that would be another long wait) but it is confirmed to be finished. Maybe that talk that Uelover did worked :) hopefully photos and shipping in a few days.

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #209 of 867
Quote:
Finally received my C4s this morning.

First impression.... TOTALLY worth the wait :D

Congrats!

I would like to here some comparison between your C4 and 4A. I heard people said that C4 and 4A utilize the same drivers configuration but i don't think that they will sound quite the same. I have compared my C4 with the 4Ai and 4Ai's soundstage/imaging and bass are not up to C4' level.

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #210 of 867
Quote:
Congrats!

I would like to here some comparison between your C4 and 4A. I heard people said that C4 and 4A utilize the same drivers configuration but i don't think that they will sound quite the same. I have compared my C4 with the 4Ai and 4Ai's soundstage/imaging and bass are not up to C4' level.

First off, the fit is slightly different- the C4 fits almost flush to the ear, especially at the bottom. The 4.A sticks out more overall, but the C4 has an extra "knob" at the top which helps with sliding in and out. This makes the C4 easier to slip in and makes it feel much lighter in the ear in my opinion.

Soundstage and imaging are simply untouchable on the C4, as mentioned previously, and bass slam is much more satisfying.

That's pretty much what I've noticed so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back