Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Dec 20, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #33 of 867
I received the c5's yesterday its to early to do any detailed impressions but the soundstage is something else Im hearing instrument placings that even my big open back hd650's cant reproduce anything close to what the c5's deliver.

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #34 of 867
Quote:
I received the c5's yesterday its to early to do any detailed impressions but the soundstage is something else Im hearing instrument placings that even my big open back hd650's cant reproduce anything close to what the c5's deliver.

Wow first C5 owner I see here besides David of course 
bigsmile_face.gif

I am really curious about how does the C5 sounds compared to other bass enhanced IEMS/CIEMS

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #35 of 867
Got the C5.

Initial impression, very positive. Comparing to all the IEMs I have/owned/heard, sound is very clear and detailed.

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #36 of 867
The bass seems fairly 'neutral' certainly no major mid bass hump carries a lot of weight low down with music that has a meaty bass lines/beats very detailed not lazy like my shure 535's. Had a couple of hours last night and they didn't get tiring. 

Dec 22, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #37 of 867
Quote:

I did compare the C4 with the HD650 as well, the HD650 is driven by the AMB M3 and my C4 beat them completely in terms of accuracy and instrument separation. Hope to see more impressions on the C5 as i am very curious myself.

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #38 of 867
Havn't had a huge amount of time with them the soundstage has added a new dimension of depth to what Im used to hearing to some of the stuff I listen to and that with good instrument separation and detail, I don't have a lot to compare them to soundstage wise triple.fi, shure 535 and the hd650's but its completely outdone them all just being fed from a Cowon J3 and not the desktop dac/amp. I did hear the air around a bass guitar solo which was nice.

Dec 25, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #39 of 867
Thanks to Frogbeats for over-night shipping my C4's, I've now ad a few days to try them out. They are my first CIEMs, so I compare them mostly to my Denon AH-D5000's.

The frogbeats imaging is just fenomenal. These are the first headphones that have made me hear a soundstage. Left-right imaging is pinpoint accurate, and there's even depth. I've briefly tried the HD800, which didn't give me depth through.

Bass timbre is also revealing. The bass is not bloated or big, but I can follow a soft doubly bass just fine even if it's deeper in the mix. The C4 keep amazing me with ability to make me hear soft details.

My one hope is that they make a iPhone cable, so I can adjust the volume more easily.

Dec 25, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #40 of 867
Quote:
Thanks to Frogbeats for over-night shipping my C4's, I've now ad a few days to try them out. They are my first CIEMs, so I compare them mostly to my Denon AH-D5000's.
The frogbeats imaging is just fenomenal. These are the first headphones that have made me hear a soundstage. Left-right imaging is pinpoint accurate, and there's even depth. I've briefly tried the HD800, which didn't give me depth through.
Bass timbre is also revealing. The bass is not bloated or big, but I can follow a soft doubly bass just fine even if it's deeper in the mix. The C4 keep amazing me with ability to make me hear soft details.
My one hope is that they make a iPhone cable, so I can adjust the volume more easily.

Doesn't JH Audio make an iPhone cable for CIEMs? Although I'm not sure if it is capatible with all CIEMs.

Dec 25, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #41 of 867
Quote:
Doesn't JH Audio make an iPhone cable for CIEMs? Although I'm not sure if it is capatible with all CIEMs.

Assuming the connector socket is proprietary on the Frogbeats, that would be greatly limiting regarding the replacement cables available for these. Hopefully they are willing to stock up on and sell replacement cables if this is true. Because make no mistake, the cables will fail one day. 

Unlikely though, since most custom companies nowadays seem to stick to the UE socket configuration.

Dec 28, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #42 of 867
Im pretty sure the Frogbeats use a standard Westone cable, it also looks like my UE triple.fi cable would fit, the pins seem to be the same distance apart although I think the pins might be a bit longer on the UE cable. The 3.5mm jack on a iphone remote cable has 4 contact points, you can buy just the cable and remote for the iphone which you plug your headphones into.

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #43 of 867
These CIEMs sound like they could be really good, I'm interested in getting top-tier IEMs so for me I'm interested in these vs the Spiral Ear SE 5-Way and the UM Miracle. I currently own the HD800 and SE535LTDs and my source will be a Cowon J3 (unamped, at least at first). Does anyone offer any comparisons with this equipment?

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #44 of 867
Quote:
These CIEMs sound like they could be really good, I'm interested in getting top-tier IEMs so for me I'm interested in these vs the Spiral Ear SE 5-Way and the UM Miracle. I currently own the HD800 and SE535LTDs and my source will be a Cowon J3 (unamped, at least at first). Does anyone offer any comparisons with this equipment?

Hmm, there aren't alot of Frogbeats out in the world right now. Only a few have ordered/received them. But from one review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/641884/frogbeats-c4-review-an-incredible-first-experience-in-the-ciem-world I think he mentions that the soundstage would not be as broad as the HD800. No one h as compared them with the Spiral Ears yet. As for the UM Miracle, I remember something being said that it beats the imaging of the UERM slightly and perhaps the miracle too. You can find some more thoughts on LFF's review http://www.head-fi.org/t/629467/review-the-frogbeats-c4-an-explosively-good-custom-in-ear-monitor-seriously More reviews should come relatively soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back