Frequency fatigue 1 to 4.5kz. Remedy?(move thread to appropriate sub)
Feb 13, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #34 of 103
Trying to fix this with a DAC isn't going to get you anywhere. You'll just spend more money and end up with the exact same problem. The two options are equalization and choosing a set of headphones that suit your taste in response.

...and shoving cotton in your ears of course.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #35 of 103
Trying to fix this with a DAC isn't going to get you anywhere. You'll just spend more money and end up with the exact same problem. The two options are equalization and choosing a set of headphones that suit your taste in response.

...and shoving cotton in your ears of course.
I was just asking him his dac choice.
I have allready found a remedy for this that fixes any track. It's not a headphone at fault.. It's my ears I have hyperacusis.

Feb 13, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #36 of 103
Headphones all have different response curves. You can probably find one that counteracts your hearing impairment... or just use the tone controls.

I don't think there's any such thing as an "aggressive DAC".

Feb 13, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #37 of 103
Anyways

Also, for anyone stumbling on this thread due to listening fatigue, hyperacusis, bad recordings ect.
Oeksound soothe 2 is a great all rounder
Also
Oeksound Spiff is a *transient designer*. While it doesn't tame treble it does reduce claps and smooths out thr beginning and end of a transient (set either individually or across spectrum) with such a finesse, making soothe 2 not needed nearly as much.both are vst3
Both can be used with streaming via *virtual cables* lile VB software to connect to streaming services predac.

All these have a trial run, so you can try risk free. Absolutely amazing

Feb 13, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #39 of 103
In general your first port of call wouldn't be to fix this with a dac, of course. But when it comes to fine tuning, you can certainly use amps and dacs to change the presentation of your headphones. With my old dac, I always kept getting the urge to turn the volume down, and then when it was down the fatigue wouldn't go away so I had to keep turning it down again. That's an aggressive dac for you. Now with the bifrost I can listen at whatever volume I like and not get fatigued. But if you have bright headphones then you can forget about solving your problems with a dac.

Feb 13, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #40 of 103
Beings that this thread was started in the sound science forums. You'll have your dedicated(same people in every thread) sound science posters that'll tell you that there's no difference in dacs. There's no difference in amps. It's all in your mind(plecebo). That those particular pieces of gear contribute to nothing that is affecting your ears. Then will follow. "I bet if you did a controlled blind A/B test , you'll know the truth". Then if you do a blind A/B test it'll never meet the standards of said blind test proposal.

With that said. It's for you to decide if they're worth engaging. No matter how much you hear a difference in dacs and amps. They'll never accept what you are saying. They'll dismiss you with SCIENCE. Science says that you're delusional and expectation bias is playing games with your head. Unfortunately, expectation bias doesn't work the other way. " I hear no difference between dac A $100 and dac B $1000 it's all snake oil" it's just not possible to suffer bias when you're telling yourself repeatedly that there's no difference because science says there's no difference it's 1's and 0's and 1 clean watt is 1 clean watt. And don't get them started with tubes. Lol.

Enjoy!

Feb 13, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #41 of 103
Beings that this thread was started in the sound science forums. You'll have your dedicated(same people in every thread) sound science posters that'll tell you that there's no difference in dacs. There's no difference in amps. It's all in your mind(plecebo). That those particular pieces of gear contribute to nothing that is affecting your ears. Then will follow. "I bet if you did a controlled blind A/B test , you'll know the truth". Then if you do a blind A/B test it'll never meet the standards of said blind test proposal.

With that said. It's for you to decide if they're worth engaging. No matter how much you hear a difference in dacs and amps. They'll never accept what you are saying. They'll dismiss you with SCIENCE. Science says that you're delusional and expectation bias is playing games with your head. Unfortunately, expectation bias doesn't work the other way. " I hear no difference between dac A $100 and dac B $1000 it's all snake oil" it's just not possible to suffer bias when you're telling yourself repeatedly that there's no difference because science says there's no difference it's 1's and 0's and 1 clean watt is 1 clean watt. And don't get them started with tubes. Lol.

Enjoy!
Hahahaha, you are right.
I wish I could life with a 100$ dac and 100 amp and 100 headphone. And have as much fun as I am now? With just 5$ cables in between? Oh man. I'd have so much more left over money, I could even afford another hobby!
The science blew me away!

In all seriousness, nothing against cheap affordable gear, if they bring joy, that's what counts. And if that's all one can afford, well this hobby can be rich and involving even at those price brackets. Nothing wrong with it at all.

But the science guys... Spitting measurements outta they așș... That's just 2nd hand embarrassment

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #45 of 103
Please don't gunk up this thread. This is about frequency sensitivity and hearing damage remedies to still enjoy music.
There are other threads where you are welcome on the subject yiu are trying to inflame. Not here. Please...
Well, we're just playing your game so please practice what you preach and don't be a hypocrite. If he serious "about his frequency sensitivity and hearing damage remedies to still enjoy music" (and I have no reason to doubt he is) then presumably he is posting in the sound science forum looking for evidence based remedies and many here have raised some good pointers. It is you and guido that are acting like homeopaths trying to preach placebo (ie DACs) as medicine. At least homeopath products are cheap. The question is why are you still trolling here rather posting on the other Head Fi forums which allow subjective opinions to be stated as fact?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back