Free Things to Include With Headphones?
Feb 21, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #17 of 24

Quote:
I was going to suggest this, but don't most manufacturers include a case? I mean all the headphones I've ever bought have come with one..

Most headphones come with something, which is either unusable for traveling (Sennheiser 800 box) or is just a useless throwaway.  I was thinking about a box like the Beyer DT-1350 is coming with.  Or like the Klipsch Image One comes with.  Or like the (cough, ahem) Bose QC2 came with.  My favorite of all time was the 'Skai' case that came with the Beyer DT-48s in the 1970's - an amazingly beautiful case that fit the 'phones perfectly, and was just enough impact resistant without being hard like plastic or metal that it was perfect for throwing into luggage.

Feb 21, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #18 of 24

Quote:
That's a great idea dalethorn.

I'd like the option of either that, or some adaptors (as others have suggested). :

I have a house full of cables and adapters, but absolutely no cases that are a good travel-fit for my Sennheiser 800, Beyer DT-48, Sennheiser PX-100-II, etc.  I do have several small shoulder bags that cost between $150 and $450, but none of them fit the big 'phones. 

Feb 21, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #20 of 24

Quote:
That's a great idea dalethorn.

I'd like the option of either that, or some adaptors (as others have suggested). 
E.g.:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would consider consider including adapters if one already isn't included.

And thank you everyone for your input
smile_phones.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #21 of 24

Quote:
dalethorn: didn't the old PX-100 come with a hard case?
http://www.headfonia.com/sennheiser-px100-ii-vs-px100/
Try contacting Sennheiser to see if you can get one from them.

I do have the hard case with the PX-100, and the soft bag with the drawstring with the PX-100-II.  I am not a person who is good working with my hands (which is why I avoided real work all these years), and so I have a very difficult time getting the PX-100 and the cord into that hard case.  Very inconvenient.  I would much prefer something like a decent-quality eyeglasses case that's not hard and rigid like the PX-100 case, but also not so soft as to easily crush if put into a suitcase.

Feb 22, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #22 of 24

Quote:
iTunes or Amazon music gift card?

Nothing goes better with headphones than music!

I'd have to agree! Nothing like a few new tracks to test out some new headphones! Mods/accessories like pads might be nice, but it seems like something that has so much personal taste to it, that it wouldn't end up being useful to a lot of people? Idk, I think $5 on Amazon music would be pretty rockin'.

Feb 22, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #23 of 24
name="Psilocybe" url="/forum/thread/540868/free-things-to-include-with-headphones/15#post_7294296"]

I'd have to agree! Nothing like a few new tracks to test out some new headphones! Mods/accessories like pads might be nice, but it seems like something that has so much personal taste to it, that it wouldn't end up being useful to a lot of people? Idk, I think $5 on Amazon music would be pretty rockin'.

Free music will be seen by everyone, customers and vendors alike, as just a simple discount, and will be traded out by lowering the quality somewhere else. Ho-hum. But if the mfr. supplies something nobody else would provide like a custom case, and it were something the mfr. and customer would take pride in, then the mfr. would not have an incentive to just "throw in" a common perk/discount that you can get anywhere else.

The reason you buy headphone 'X' is partly because of the sound, assuming you can determine that ahead of time. But a big part of why you buy that special 'phone is the aesthetics, and a custom case (or something else specific to that 'phone) would increase the value and pride of ownership for the customer, and it would also be good for the mfr., since it would be specific to their product and not generic to other brands too.

I think I can see a pattern here anyway. People who buy really cheap headphones don't care about things like carrycases - they just want a discount. But when you really value something like a Sennheiser 600 or Grado 325 etc., a custom case is highly desirable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back