Free Things to Include With Headphones?
Feb 21, 2011 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Frequen C

Head-Fier
If you were to buy headphones on a website like Ebay, and were to recieve a free audio-related gift under $5, what would it be. Your answers will be used for reference if I decide to do something like this.

Feb 21, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 24
I think the most useful thing would be mod-related to the phones in question. Many phones have specific mods to improve them, and sometimes they require some extra equipment - foam, tape, tools, others. Or maybe some pads (if you are doing this large scale, original pads could maybe come out at the price mark). Many recommend to get the Shure SRH840 pads for SRH440 cans, for example.

To generalize, I'd want something to enhance the phones, rather than some gimmicky stuff on the side. The buyer can choose to mod, or keep them original and untouched.

Feb 21, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #4 of 24

Quote:
I think the most useful thing would be mod-related to the phones in question. Many phones have specific mods to improve them, and sometimes they require some extra equipment - foam, tape, tools, others. Or maybe some pads (if you are doing this large scale, original pads could maybe come out at the price mark). Many recommend to get the Shure SRH840 pads for SRH440 cans, for example.

To generalize, I'd want something to enhance the phones, rather than some gimmicky stuff on the side. The buyer can choose to mod, or keep them original and untouched.

Solid idea, though only to advanced users. Including modding essentials I would think, would de-value the headphones; since the customer would go by the assumption that they need modding to sound right/their best, to begin with.

I would recommend either extra ear pads, replacement cable, headphone stand, and that sort.

Feb 21, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #6 of 24
It'd be useful to give 'em an adaptor for the "other size" of jack.

Though I've read that most people here have too many, I had to make all of mine.

Feb 21, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #8 of 24
iTunes or Amazon music gift card?

Nothing goes better with headphones than music!

Feb 21, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #9 of 24
Q-tips or an ear wax removal kit 
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #12 of 24
I think it'd be great if you had a few choices to pick from, including;

- Extra pads
- Extension chord (3.5mm- male to male)
- Extra cable (for those that have a removable cable)

and so on..

Basically just aim on providing something useful, not gimmicky (as said above).

Feb 21, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #13 of 24

Quote:
Throw in a used CD for $5.

(Good to see you again, Nice Cans!)

Thanks Uncle Erik,

That's a great idea, especially if you offer a choice from two or three various genre's.

Feb 21, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #14 of 24
The best thing any mfr. could issue with a new headphone is a really nice low-cost carrycase made just for that headphone.  The reason is because nobody else is going to make a really nice case specifically for that headphone.  And with the mfr. planning to make as many cases as they do the 'phones, the cost to make them would be very low - a fraction of what a good case would cost separately.

Feb 21, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #15 of 24

Quote:
The best thing any mfr. could issue with a new headphone is a really nice low-cost carrycase made just for that headphone.  The reason is because nobody else is going to make a really nice case specifically for that headphone.  And with the mfr. planning to make as many cases as they do the 'phones, the cost to make them would be very low - a fraction of what a good case would cost separately.

I was going to suggest this, but don't most manufacturers include a case? I mean all the headphones I've ever bought have come with one..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back