Free Schick Quattro razor!
Jan 23, 2005 at 6:30 AM Post #17 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriyn
I drove my brother crazy doing this when I went to visit him last year.
very_evil_smiley.gif
One morning he came out with a bunch of little bits of toilet paper on his face

Yup, my GFs daughter or someone else (!)keeps borrowing my vibrating razor (Gillette). Geez you know it right away...but it's too late...you wind up looking like you were attacked or something. I used to just shave in the car on the way to work (don't worry not while driving), but the new goatee has me spending more time in front of a mirror.

I felt like a dumbass, all I had to do was just keep buying her new razors
blink.gif

Jan 23, 2005 at 8:36 AM Post #19 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reck45
schick quattro razors are horrible, I've never been cut up so bad while shaving.
frown.gif

QFT. I stick to the Mach 3.

Jan 23, 2005 at 9:01 AM Post #20 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
Yup, my GFs daughter or someone else (!)keeps borrowing my vibrating razor (Gillette). Geez you know it right away...but it's too late...you wind up looking like you were attacked or something. I used to just shave in the car on the way to work (don't worry not while driving), but the new goatee has me spending more time in front of a mirror.

I felt like a dumbass, all I had to do was just keep buying her new razors
blink.gif

I hope they make a vibrating venus razor, the vibrating mach3 works well but it doesn't have all the wonderful padding around the blades that the venus does, which is very handy when shaving my legs (i.e. I cut the hell out of myself while stealing my brother's razor).

Jan 23, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #21 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
Their privacy policy says that if you opt-in they may share your personal information with their advertising partners. If you don't opt-in they only use it for internal purposes.

It also says you have to opt-in to get the razor.

Click here to opt-in to receive a complimentary Schick® Quattro® Razor. Only the first 150,000 entrants to opt-in will receive the razor. By opting-in you agree to receive future communication from Schick.

So if you don't, you're probably being entered in the sweepstakes and giving them your info, but not getting the razor.

Jan 24, 2005 at 3:07 PM Post #23 of 63
I received one before Christmas in the mail for no reason, apparently. I was disappointed: the replacement blades are very expensive, the blades go dull very fast, and I didn't find the shave with a fresh blade really any better than the Mach 3. I don't even find that the Mach 3 is that much better than the Sensor, so I just stick to that since it's cheaper. But then again, I'm not a hairy ape-man.
tongue.gif

Jan 24, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #24 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
I received one before Christmas in the mail for no reason, apparently. I was disappointed: the replacement blades are very expensive, the blades go dull very fast, and I didn't find the shave with a fresh blade really any better than the Mach 3. I don't even find that the Mach 3 is that much better than the Sensor, so I just stick to that since it's cheaper. But then again, I'm not a hairy ape-man.
tongue.gif

For me, it seems like I get a better shave with the Mach 3 than the Sensor Excel. But I agree that the Quattro is rather unimpressive compared to the Mach 3. The Quattro blades dull fairly quickly and they are expensive to replace (well, same price as the Mach 3 blades, but I think the Mach 3 blades hold a sharp edge longer).

Gillette = teh winnar.

Jan 24, 2005 at 7:08 PM Post #25 of 63
I don't shave yet...so just wondering...what's the big deal about the different type of razors
confused.gif

How expensive are these things? Wouldn't it make more sense to get an electric shaver at 70-120?

Jan 24, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #26 of 63
the one thing that amazes me about this is......

the number of people in this thread who are actually old enough to shave, or have to shave for that matter, i find it very hard to believe. i was starting to get the idea this place had been taken over by kids..........

Jan 24, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #27 of 63
Well some razors are better than others, that's why there are all the different kinds (like headphones). And in some cases, it's just personal preference (like headphones). I was at the store last week and an 8 pack of Mach 3 blades was 15 bucks. An 8 pack of the Turbo blades was 18 bucks. The razor pricing model is famous, because the razor itself is very cheap or free, but they kill you on the replacement blade prices (printers are like this with ink). So you end up paying about $2 or so a blade, depending on the kind you get. Some unlucky people can only get a week out of a Mach 3 blade. It'll usually last me about 3-4 weeks. So maybe it'll cost me $35 a year for razor blades, but that's still cheaper than a good electric. Plus I hate shaving with an electric, since they seem to be unable to get certain spots and will yank hairs out of your face if you aren't careful. And an electric needs new blades every so often too!
icon10.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 3:42 PM Post #28 of 63
I need a razor, but it is only open to people in the US. AHhH! my boss told me to shave again. At the moment I am using the Shick disposables
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
They go as blunt as hell after a couple of uses, and I dont even shave all that often, maybe once every 2 days
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 4:14 PM Post #29 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by 450
I don't shave yet...so just wondering...what's the big deal about the different type of razors
confused.gif

How expensive are these things? Wouldn't it make more sense to get an electric shaver at 70-120?

Well the big deal is that you're talking about a piece of steel that you are going to use to drag across the skin on your face and cut all the little hairs off. If the razor is dull, it will give you lots of little tiny cuts. Some types give people skin irritation, etc. You want a razor that will give you a close, clean shave so that when you go to work, or go out at night or whatever, you look nice.

Also, the blades can be expensive: 12 Mach 3 cartridges go for almost $22 (typical wisdom dictates that you use a cartridge/blade for 5 shaves), so everyone wants to make sure they get their money's worth.

I don't know that much about electric razors; I haven't had one in probably 10 years. When I did, though, I remember that the shave was not nearly as close as with a blade.

I should add that I have a hot lather machine made by Conair. You stick a can of shaving foam in it and plug it in. It heats the shaving cream in a minute or two to give you hot lather like the barber shop uses. I find it helps me get a closer shave with fewer nicks and cuts. It goes for $16 at Amazon.

Jan 25, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #30 of 63
I was interested in that from the commercials though the reviews on Amazon seem really mixed. I tried shaving soaps that I really liked being able to have a hot lather but they just didn't protect as well as gels (but they gave a better shave).

Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
Well the big deal is that you're talking about a piece of steel that you are going to use to drag across the skin on your face and cut all the little hairs off. If the razor is dull, it will give you lots of little tiny cuts. Some types give people skin irritation, etc. You want a razor that will give you a close, clean shave so that when you go to work, or go out at night or whatever, you look nice.

Also, the blades can be expensive: 12 Mach 3 cartridges go for almost $22 (typical wisdom dictates that you use a cartridge/blade for 5 shaves), so everyone wants to make sure they get their money's worth.

I don't know that much about electric razors; I haven't had one in probably 10 years. When I did, though, I remember that the shave was not nearly as close as with a blade.

I should add that I have a hot lather machine made by Conair. You stick a can of shaving foam in it and plug it in. It heats the shaving cream in a minute or two to give you hot lather like the barber shop uses. I find it helps me get a closer shave with fewer nicks and cuts. It goes for $16 at Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back