Free Schick Quattro razor!
Jan 25, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #31 of 63
I think that there is little difference between the gel and the foam. But, if you like the gel, there is also this model that heats the gel. I use the plain ol' hot lather machine. This is the second one I've had. The first one made the foam REALLY hot, but my current just makes just it hot enough. Seems like there might be some QC issues at Conair since the reviews are so mixed. Either way, for $16 I'd say it's worth a shot.

Jan 25, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #32 of 63
Don't you think they should make a vibrating razor for women?
tongue.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #33 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave-the-rave
Don't you think they should make a vibrating razor for women?
tongue.gif

I always wondered about the Gillete M3 Power. Vibrating razor? Sure... it's like those electric toothbrushes. I swear, I saw one once that was about 12" long, about 1.5" in diameter, and straight as an arrow. To boot, the handle vibrated more than the toothbrush. Yeah-huh... hygiene indeed.

Jan 25, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #35 of 63
My friends complained today 'cause I hadn't shaved
frown.gif
I don't have any new blades so I was trilled to see this, but it's of course America-Only. Too bad. So I ordered 8 new Mach 3 Turbo blades instead from eBay, so with a bid of luck I'll be able to shave sometimes next week
biggrin.gif

Anyway, is Head-fi acting funny on the rest of you guys. It's totally flipping with the pictures in my Firefox. Like before edwood's avatar replaced the reply button and just now some cat was replacing it. At some point some goat replaced the yahoo! button. I've tried clearing the cache twice but it didn't help...

Jan 26, 2005 at 12:33 AM Post #37 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
Some peopel can't use them.

Skin is very complex and not everyone's skin can take that kind of abuse.

Wow, and I thought manual razors were harsher on the skin because they take off skin along with the hair!

Jan 26, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #38 of 63
More free razors?
I'm still using the free Mach3 turbo's that they were sending out 4 months ago.
Never received any e-mails from Gillette when requesting the free razor.

Jan 26, 2005 at 1:13 AM Post #39 of 63
I still use the blue plastic twin blade Gillette disposables and they suit me fine. Received a free Mach 3 in my mailbox about a year ago and it didn't seem any better than the plastic disposables. When I found out how much the Mach 3 blades cost, I understood why Gillette was willing to give me a free razor and decided to stick with the cheapo disposable Gillettes.

Jan 26, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #41 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
Wow, and I thought manual razors were harsher on the skin because they take off skin along with the hair!

If you've ever heard women talking about "exfoliating", you'll understand why a blade razor can actually be good for your skin. Shaving with one removes the dead layers of skin from the surface, which is supposed to be good for you.

I had a decent Norelco electric a few years back but I never really liked it. It'd yank hairs out of my face. It'd miss hairs like crazy, especially on my neck or upper lip. Sometimes the screens would scratch my face because I had to press too hard to get it to cut. Wet shaving with a blade is a bit more work, but it seems to give me a better shave and doesn't screw with my skin that much.

Jan 26, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #42 of 63
I have been using the Mach3 Turbo for years now. They are great, but some days are better than others in terms of comfort. Sometimes it easy as pie and no discomfort at all, and sometimes it is like ripping mu skin off. I should say, in the interest of full disclosure, that I do not use any shaving cream or gel whatsoever. I just wash my face with soap and warm water and go to town. I find that gel and cream give me less control over the razor and I cut myself much more. Now, before you guys make fun of me, I should say that I have not cut myself in two years. And this is while shaving blindly in the shower (ie. going by the feeling of the contours of my face). I am a creature of habit, so if it ain't broke I don't fix it.

Anyway, I will test the Quattro against the Mach3 Turbo. I do think 4 blades is silly, but hey, it's free
600smile.gif

Jan 26, 2005 at 5:48 AM Post #44 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by seiko_citizen
Anyone got a spare (brand new!) Quattro razor that they hate
biggrin.gif
. You can always send it to me
eek.gif

Will be more than happy to oblige, my good sir !! Send me your addy..
tongue.gif

I would never touch the Quattro again, even if it were free !! My 3-shave old Mach-3 Turbo shaved better than the brand new Quattro
mad.gif

Tried once, and never touched it again..

Jan 26, 2005 at 7:42 AM Post #45 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by raaj
Will be more than happy to oblige, my good sir !! Send me your addy..
tongue.gif

I would never touch the Quattro again, even if it were free !! My 3-shave old Mach-3 Turbo shaved better than the brand new Quattro
mad.gif

Tried once, and never touched it again..

Could you elaborate? Did it take your face off? I am getting three, and I want to know what to expect. I am so used to the Mach3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back