Free Schick Quattro razor!
Jan 26, 2005 at 9:21 AM Post #46 of 63
the quattro has like no barrier between the blades and your face so it's very uncomfortable, especially if you have a lot of facial hair. The blades catch on the hair and tear/ rip your face. Uhh...those cheap bic razors are more comfortable than the quattro.

The mach 3 is MUCH better...I'd like to have one but the blades are jsut too damn expensive...

Jan 26, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #47 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
Could you elaborate? Did it take your face off? I am getting three, and I want to know what to expect. I am so used to the Mach3.

x2 to everything Reck45 has said. I shave like once a week (I love having a faint beardie), and while the Mach-3 Turbo glides along the face, the Quattro just pulled at the hairs and it was SO FRICKING irritating that I swore not to use the Quattro ever again. It is similar to a shave with a disposable Gillette twin blade razor. Expensive.

Jan 27, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #48 of 63
LOL, no wonder why they are giving 150,000 away
600smile.gif

I will test mine (whenever they come), and report back
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #51 of 63
A friend told me that the secret to long blade life is to never use foam/soap/gel when you shave. He says he uses a cheap disposable and gets 100+ shaves from each one.

I'm trying this out now with my Mach 3. So far I've gone like 15 shaves with one, no noticeable deterioration in the blade sharpness. Also the little blue strip at the top, which usually bleaches/fades out progressively as you shave, has pretty much kept its colour.

Jan 28, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #52 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calanctus
A friend told me that the secret to long blade life is to never use foam/soap/gel when you shave. He says he uses a cheap disposable and gets 100+ shaves from each one.

I'm trying this out now with my Mach 3. So far I've gone like 15 shaves with one, no noticeable deterioration in the blade sharpness. Also the little blue strip at the top, which usually bleaches/fades out progressively as you shave, has pretty much kept its colour.

That can get rather uncomfortable, though... I'd prefer to pay the money and not rip half my face off.

Jan 28, 2005 at 4:05 AM Post #53 of 63
I got a free Quatro razor in the mail for no apparent reason, just showed up one day. Well I must have pissed somebody off at some point, cause that thing was like shaving with a rake! That fourth blade is for a close shave, like down to your skull. I'll stick with me Mach III.

Jan 28, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #54 of 63
Quote:

I'll vouch for that. I haven't used foam/soap/gel for 20 years. Granted, I usually have some form of beard so mostly I'm just shaving my neck and the edges of my cheeks, (face cheeks that is) but straight after a shower or better still, a sauna, twin blade gillettes do a good job, don't irritate my skin, and last a long time. Heat and moisture are an excellent substitute for foam/soap/gel.

On the other hand, I've tried several different electric razors and they chew my face to pieces.

Jan 28, 2005 at 8:03 AM Post #55 of 63
Quote:

LOL, a year and counting for me. Aren't I gross?
600smile.gif

Jan 28, 2005 at 1:11 PM Post #56 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
LOL, a year and counting for me. Aren't I gross?
600smile.gif

Yes you are and that is also very dangerous. You see your razor has dead skin on it, which is festering with germs, so if you ever get cut with that old razor, you can get extremely nasty infection as a result.

Jan 28, 2005 at 4:17 PM Post #57 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH fan
I got a free Quatro razor in the mail for no apparent reason, just showed up one day. Well I must have pissed somebody off at some point, cause that thing was like shaving with a rake! That fourth blade is for a close shave, like down to your skull. I'll stick with me Mach III.

Hahaha...
icon10.gif
That was a funny post.. (actually, not !)

Very close to my thoughts after the first shave..
biggrin.gif
Long live Mach-3 !!

Jan 28, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #58 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
Yes you are and that is also very dangerous. You see your razor has dead skin on it, which is festering with germs, so if you ever get cut with that old razor, you can get extremely nasty infection as a result.

Um, I wash it afterward. It's as clean as when I bought it.

Jan 29, 2005 at 3:48 AM Post #60 of 63
Quote:

With ONE BLADE?

I assume you keep it in a pyramid.
etysmile.gif

No, three, LOL
tongue.gif

I tell you, those Mach3 blades last forever; it's the lube strip and the blue rubber squeegie things that wear out. The blades still works as well as it was new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back