Quote:
What is the retail price anyways?

$50 approx

http://www.head-fi.org/t/662424/dunu-dn-22m-review

DN 22M review finished.

Thank you very much Rocky 
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #123 of 131
Should have thrown some to us slacker working class where we dont have tests or homework lolololol 

May 6, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #124 of 131
May 15, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #126 of 131
Review is up finally, would have been up two days ago but there was a fire in the apartment next to mine on Monday night. Grease fire on the stove... All are fine, but the apartment unit was destroyed. I am the superintendent of the building (24 Units) so I have been a little busy these past 2 days, not to mention stressed... Neither here nor there..

http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-dn-22m-detonator-headphones-earphones/reviews/8965

Thanks Rocky for the generous opportunities that you give to the Head-Fi community, it is very much appreciated!

May 16, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #127 of 131
So busy lately, and I missed the deadline too. Well I only have time to write my impression of it. Here goes.

The accessories are top notch, if not in the quality (which is very good I might say, not the negative implication that I give) then the quantity. Triple flange tips, double flange, Sony hybrid clones, regular silicone tips, a carrying case and shirt clip.

Metal housing of the IEM is a nice touch I feel, although it is quite heavy My friend have one of those Beats IEMs, and I can see the resemblance of the Detonator with the Beats.

The sound though, t's too bassy for my taste. There's tolerable bassy, and there's this. This is just too much for me. The good thing is that they are the impact kind of bassy. But that's not all though. The highs and mids are too recessed. And in combination with that, the bass bleeds all over the other range.

The bass, from what I am hearing right now, is not that extended too. I mean, I have some low going dubstep (gasp shock horror!!!!11!) and my god is it mangled even if it have any midbass. Any. Amount.

All doom and gloom so far, but from one of those uncommon songs where I have negligible bass, I can hear the mids and highs are good. But even that is hard to listen for, since the both of the range is quite recessed, as I said.

The iPhone remote is a nice touch. If you don't use any pre-Lumia Nokia smartphone that is. This is a pretty well-documented issue, where Apple's implementation of the TRRS 3.5mm jack differ from the one Nokia (pre-Lumia) use in all their smartphones. This will cause either one of the channel of the IEM to lose almost all sound, and the other one not affected by the loss of sound, will sound distorted. Or something. I can remedy this with either a converter (or something) cable or use any ol' portable amp. It works without a problem with the only Android device I have though. This... issue is consistent with most other iPhone compatible gear that I've tried.

I don't know if I can force myself to give a proper final impression in the near future. I guess down the line I can, but with current IRL situation, I can't give the time for it that it deserves for a fair review.

May 27, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #129 of 131
Thanks Rocky!

I'd love to review the "Landmine" we need some good Bass Boom from DUNU!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #131 of 131
Thanks for the reviews and impression. Your feedback are well noted.

Also it looks like some review or impression haven't been posted up yet.

However, there is new try out chance for DN-23 this week lol~~.
\

Sorry I havent got to post my review yet, I dont have internet and I can do the review on my phone. I will get it up as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back