Free review chance !! DUNU Detonator DN-22M ingite your passion for music life
Apr 14, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #106 of 131
Quote:
^^ Even if you do enjoy copious amounts of wub the tonality and whatever sense of technical proficiency is obscured by the veil from the massively emphasized and slow decay on these. Which makes depth quite nice but there is very little width to begin with and that makes things rather jarring.

im newbie here and ive read that 3x and still cant understand what it means... guess i have lots to learn.

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #107 of 131
Quote:
^^ Even if you do enjoy copious amounts of wub the tonality and whatever sense of technical proficiency is obscured by the veil from the massively emphasized and slow decay on these. Which makes depth quite nice but there is very little width to begin with and that makes things rather jarring.

im newbie here and ive read that 3x and still cant understand what it means... guess i have lots to learn.

Don't worry too much about it... Audiophile jargon is a lot like Wine jargon... I've been here over 2 years and have absolutely no idea what it means either... :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 18, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #109 of 131
Quote:
Quote:

Well then please allow me to translate.  Note, this is not a word-for-word translation, but it should communicate the same content.

Even if you like bass, there is so much of that big and lazy bass, that it's pretty much all you're gonna hear... not that there was much of anything else to begin with as it seems covered by a veil.  However, it can make things sound pretty far away in front of you, but anything on the sides is gonna be right up in yo business.

BTW, I haven't heard them yet... just translating what he's saying.

Apr 18, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #110 of 131
Quote:
Well then please allow me to translate.  Note, this is not a word-for-word translation, but it should communicate the same content.

Even if you like bass, there is so much of that big and lazy bass, that it's pretty much all you're gonna hear... not that there was much of anything else to begin with as it seems covered by a veil.  However, it can make things sound pretty far away in front of you, but anything on the sides is gonna be right up in yo business.

BTW, I haven't heard them yet... just translating what he's saying.

Shall I re-write everything in ebonics for the review then? :3

A preview - "dem so much wub dat make a dem slow like my dawg taking a shizzle. It like dem beats so nasty smelly like a home dawg just ripped a huge one dang dat nasty. And yo it like dey almost there but then they almost not dere and then they come up all right up in yo business like dat smelly pineapple."

Apr 18, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #111 of 131
Quote:
Shall I re-write everything in ebonics for the review then? :3

Nah... I mean you can if you want to, but then the rest of us (except for sfwalcer) won't be able to understand it. 
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #113 of 131
I think that doof doof is a colder type of bass centered well in the mid-bass region, whereas wub wub is far warmer, extending down into the sub-bass region on the low end, and well into the lower mids on the high end.

Apr 19, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #114 of 131
http://www.head-fi.org/t/660468/review-dunu-dn-22m-detonator Review is up!

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #115 of 131
So I just got mine and am listening to it ootb (I take a more practical approach to breaking/burning, so only going to make it go for 24 - 48 hrs). Well... I don't know what I expect, but it definitely feels like there's a thick fluffy towel over the midrange and treble. This is not my favored sound signature, but here's hoping there's something that I can like before I write a semi-final impressions (up to May 15, starting from today, is not enough for me to comfortably call it a "review". Blame the Russian customs).

EDIT: Mashed brains is what I get for playing some dubstep with real subbass.

May 3, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #118 of 131
Hopefully except jgray91, everyone received review sample 2 weeks ago.

If there is any difficulty that might cause delay, be sure to let me know, thanks.

Looking forward to your reviews.

BTW we have a DN-22M try out sale $30 from 5/2~5/9. You can check below

http://www.head-fi.org/t/662342/dunu-dn-22m-try-out-sale-30-5-2-5-9

May 3, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #119 of 131
How about write a simple impression first, since you plan to write a informative review lol.
thanks for the tips.

I finished up testing yesterday!

Unboxing is up on youtube and everything.

Simple impressions are on this thread :)

Review will follow the same format as all my reviews and will be out in a day or two :)

Thanks for the oppurtunity rocky!!

Sorry for the delay. College admissions and testing delayed everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back