Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Apr 20, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #6,091 of 12,089
  ^What you be talking' bout, Willis? (Okay, I have seen that request a couple of times...
wink.gif
)

The "XOXO"?  Well, there are lots of hugs and kisses in every headphone.

pls.

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #6,092 of 12,089
  Welcome!  Excited that your first project is the Fostex's XOXO's with removable cables... 

OMG this is impossible. I was just thinking to myself; Mmm I could just call the X00 Purpleheart the X0X0, let me head over to Head-Fi and announce this splendid idea so it can become official.

This is no coincidence my friend, we have to start naming it the Fostex XOXO now!

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #6,095 of 12,089
Just purchased the TH-X00 to see what all the fuss was about.  Must say, I'm thoroughly impressed with how great it sounds even straight from an iPhone.

It's even more astonishing how good it sounds when amped in this setup.  Surprisingly while the level of technicalities isn't at the level of the HD800, it's not too far off.  I find it a more involving listen compared to the HD650. The bass is authoritative and leaves little if anything to be desired.  Definitely a superb headphone at any price point.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #6,096 of 12,089
  Just purchased the TH-X00 to see what all the fuss was about.  Must say, I'm thoroughly impressed with how great it sounds even straight from an iPhone.

It's even more astonishing how good it sounds when amped in this setup.  Surprisingly while the level of technicalities isn't at the level of the HD800, it's not too far off.  I find it a more involving listen compared to the HD650. The bass is authoritative and leaves little if anything to be desired.  Definitely a superb headphone at any price point.

That is one sexy amp.

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #6,098 of 12,089
Only th900 can compete to hd800
biggrin.gif
. Even the number is higher 900>800
biggrin.gif
.....lol...nice amp

I have heard the TH900 before, but it was not optimally amp'd (out of an Eximus DP-1).  I also had a chance to hear it out of the Auralic Taurus, and it is also outstanding, but without being able to A/B it to the X00 on the same DAC and amp, I can't definitively say which is better or more satisfactory to my ears.

I have a buddy that owns a TH900 that I may get to listen to soon :).

On another note, I love the finish on these wood cups!  They're very classy looking.

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #6,099 of 12,089
I have heard the TH900 before, but it was not optimally amp'd (out of an Eximus DP-1).  I also had a chance to hear it out of the Auralic Taurus, and it is also outstanding, but without being able to A/B it to the X00 on the same DAC and amp, I can't definitively say which is better or more satisfactory to my ears.

I have a buddy that owns a TH900 that I may get to listen to soon :).

On another note, I love the finish on these wood cups!  They're very classy looking.

Actually the th900 and hd800 has different sound signatures, and people can keep on debating which one is better than which one :D. It is just that x00 is X-00 and 900 will always be the flagship of the company. Instead of releasing a newer improved model, both Senn...and Fostex released a slight upgrades on the same flagship which had been out for years....the Hd800S and the MKii 900. Therefore, something is telling me that th900 has something in it to keep being the flagship of the company beside the urushi cups

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #6,100 of 12,089
Actually the th900 and hd800 has different sound signatures, and people can keep on debating which one is better than which one
biggrin.gif
. It is just that x00 is X-00 and 900 will always be the flagship of the company. Instead of releasing a newer improved model, both Senn...and Fostex released a slight upgrades on the same flagship which had been out for years....the Hd800S and the MKii 900. Therefore, something is telling me that th900 has something in it to keep being the flagship of the company beside the urushi cups

HD800(S) and a Fostex (TH-X00 in my case) are probably the best complimentary pairs I've owned, they cover everything.

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #6,101 of 12,089
Actually the th900 and hd800 has different sound signatures, and people can keep on debating which one is better than which one :D . It is just that x00 is X-00 and 900 will always be the flagship of the company. Instead of releasing a newer improved model, both Senn...and Fostex released a slight upgrades on the same flagship which had been out for years....the Hd800S and the MKii 900. Therefore, something is telling me that th900 has something in it to keep being the flagship of the company beside the urushi cups

HD800(S) and a Fostex (TH-X00 in my case) are probably the best complimentary pairs I've owned, they cover everything.

I can confirm that HD800S and TH-X00 are a great match. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back