Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Apr 19, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #6,076 of 12,086
Etymotic scares me, have you seen the advise why to not use the Q tip to clean your ears canals ? Because they will push the wax lose and get them deeper into your canals....

I have been wearing my ER-4 since 2004 on nearly every flight and have never had an issue.  That probably means that I have had them crammed in my ears for over 2,000 hours.  The bonus is that if you use the triple flange tips they automatically remove the earwax out of your ear 
beerchug.gif
.  Seriously, I wouldn't have any concerns with using these IEMs.  When the ER4 was designed this company was primarily an audiology firm so they knew what they were doing.  I actually went to their office when I was trying out IEMs back in 2004 and ended up speaking with one of their engineers.  He was very competent.

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #6,078 of 12,086
  Can we atleast all agree, that these fostex X00's are pretty much the sexiest sonsabitches in the headphone universe?
Heff a heart, a purpleheart <3

They are certainly gorgeous, but there are quite a few beautiful headphones, but I do agree, the X00 and PH are pretty awesome looking.

Apr 20, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #6,081 of 12,086
Apr 20, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #6,083 of 12,086
  E-MU Teak 3 purchased, X00 PH 1668 purchased. This means something.
I have my own ideas what it means, but feel free to share your own thoughts.

Holy ****!!!!
I did not see E-MU is in the headphone market now!
As a diehard E-MU fan it is my duty to purchase this headphone.
Thank you bestula for bringing me this knowledge....

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #6,084 of 12,086
  Holy ****!!!!
I did not see E-MU is in the headphone market now!
As a diehard E-MU fan it is my duty to purchase this headphone.
Thank you bestula for bringing me this knowledge....

Anytime mate.
I am trying to get my head around the chillion offers of Fostex right now. 600, 610, X00, X00 PH, 900, E-MU with three different cups. (Plus the old Denon series.)
To my preference X00 Mahogany seems to be the closest choice so far.

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #6,085 of 12,086
I haven't heard the X00 (any of them) yet - kept thinking about it over and over - but i think supporting the E-MU name will push me over the edge. even got me considering using massdrop... unthinkable!

I will probably get one with teak because it seems to have the steadiest bass response unless I'm reading the freq response chart wrong.

pretty excited to try them. Guess I'll be committing 500 or so bucks today
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #6,086 of 12,086
  I haven't heard the X00 (any of them) yet - kept thinking about it over and over - but i think supporting the E-MU name will push me over the edge. even got me considering using massdrop... unthinkable!

I will probably get one with teak because it seems to have the steadiest bass response unless I'm reading the freq response chart wrong.

pretty excited to try them. Guess I'll be committing 500 or so bucks today
biggrin.gif

Hold on, due to overwhelming demands for detachable cable configuration (and the unwilling to participate the first and current drops until the demand is meet), E-MU (claimed in the discussion of the first drop) are preparing a detachable cable version of it. If cable is your concern you may want to wait as well.

Apr 20, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #6,087 of 12,086

Agree. Prefer the look over the TH900.

I'll take the TH-900, that lacquer finish is beautiful.

I... I prefer the mild feeling of TH610's matte finishing and walnut color 
ph34r.gif

To be honest I have no obsession with woods, at least on headphones, and actually prefer TH600's magnesium cups over woods. If I am to go with woods, I would like them to be 'apparently woods', so the bias towards matte finish and a mellow colored wood. Fortunately my darker-toned mahoganies also work well on that regard.

Apr 20, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #6,088 of 12,086
Hello TH-X00 thread!

Here are a few words from Will and a bit of my story... LINK

I'm now running the Audiophile Custom Products for Massdrop.

(You'll still see Will around, he's a true audiophile. 
tongue.gif
 )

Please feel free to reach out to me with questions or suggestions.  That's part of the process for making things better.

I'm looking forward to chatting with many of you!

Happy to be here,
Christian

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #6,089 of 12,086
  Hello TH-X00 thread!

Here are a few words from Will and a bit of my story... LINK

I'm now running the Audiophile Custom Products for Massdrop.

(You'll still see Will around, he's a true audiophile. 
tongue.gif
 )

Please feel free to reach out to me with questions or suggestions.  That's part of the process for making things better.

I'm looking forward to chatting with many of you!

Happy to be here,
Christian

Welcome!  Excited that your first project is the Fostex's XOXO's with removable cables... 

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #6,090 of 12,086
^What you be talking' bout, Willis? (Okay, I have seen that request a couple of times...
wink.gif
)

The "XOXO"?  Well, there are lots of hugs and kisses in every headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back