Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Feb 3, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #4,711 of 12,089

He has a review on both the m9XX and the TH-X00, and has been talking about this pairing since months ago...

We are getting to the point where new people are coming, not educating themselves and asking the same questions over and over. Might be time for me to unsubscribe.

And it's a 300+ page thread, and the search tool sucks.  Feel free to unsub, I guess, but I went looking for info yesterday that I think will be in the thread and I had a horrible time finding it.  

Feb 3, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #4,713 of 12,089
Gentleman, Please! this is a Respectful establishment.  You have to start these fights with a #hastag  saying something like this.   #Glovetotheface or #yous**tonthecoats

Something like that to warn others to go get popcorn ◕‿◕

All jokes

#Satire

Feb 3, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #4,714 of 12,089
  Gentleman, Please this is a Gentlemans club here.  You have to start these fights with a #hastag  saying something like this.   #Glovetotheface or #yous**tonthecoats

Something like that to warn others to go get popcorn ◕‿◕

All jokes

#Satire

Are you saying ladies are not allowed??? I for one like the ladies....like....a lot:)

Feb 3, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #4,717 of 12,089
With my current setup I am quite a happy bunny. Foobar ASIO to Mojo to Fidelio X2.
I joined the second drop only because I am hoping to get some more extended and detailed subbass with certain tracks. And maybe slightly even more fun overall (possible?). The only thing worries me a bit is loosing soundstage.
We will see in May I guess.

Feb 3, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #4,718 of 12,089
  With my current setup I am quite a happy bunny. Foobar ASIO to Mojo to Fidelio X2.
I joined the second drop only because I am hoping to get some more extended and detailed subbass with certain tracks. And maybe slightly even more fun overall (possible?). The only thing worries me a bit is loosing soundstage.
We will see in May I guess.

thx00 sound very open to me. Not X2 open, but I don't feel at all closed in.

Feb 3, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #4,720 of 12,089

And it's a 300+ page thread, and the search tool sucks.  Feel free to unsub, I guess, but I went looking for info yesterday that I think will be in the thread and I had a horrible time finding it.  

yeah, I just did not want to start that, so I just ignored him, but you are right, man ! 

anyway, lets focus on the music :wink:

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #4,721 of 12,089
  Hey guys, I removed a few posts that came across as attacks. Let's stay on topic.

lol you are censoring people and their opinion?
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #4,725 of 12,089

Is there a general consensus on which earpads work best for these headphones (preferably a genuine leather one)? Or is the stock pads as good as it gets? I like the sound as it is, just want something a bit more spacious and comfortable/softer, stock ones are a bit smaller and harder.

The Alpha Pads have good results according to most here. Lawton pads are apparently bad, and other pads are not really tested so I wouldn't know about that. The Alpha Pads alter the sound somewhat, so that may or may not be to your liking.

I have to concede here.
Tried a few pads myself,
And I have to say the AlphaPads are the most impressive match for this headphone. .
It makes the stock pads sound a bit anemic...
That's how good a match the AlphaPads are with this beauty of a headphone. .
I feel the stock pads where made small on purpose for image/looks only...
Edit:
IMO, They are not as optimal a match as the AlphaPads are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back